P. Diddy to Appeal Child Support Order

Old May 25th 05, 01:52 AM
flinrius

Default P. Diddy to Appeal Child Support Order

P. Diddy to Appeal Child Support Order

By NEKESA MUMBI MOODY, AP Music Writer2 hours, 19 minutes ago

P. Diddy likes to brag about having the biggest yacht, the most expensive
parties, the grandest houses and more. Now he's been ordered to pay what
could be the biggest child support order in New York state history, and he's
not happy.

Last month, the New York State Supreme Court's Appellate Division approved
an increase from about $5,000 to $21,782 per month to P. Diddy's
ex-girlfriend, Misa Hylton-Brim. Representatives of both P. Diddy and
Hylton-Brim say it's the highest child support payment in state history.

In an interview with The Associated Press Tuesday, the hip-hop mogul vowed
to appeal, saying the case was an attack on his character.

"It's not about money. I don't care how much money I have," he said. "If you
come at me and say I don't take care of my child, I'm going to take care of
that to the end."

He vowed to take the case to the Court of Appeals, the state's highest
court. He said the courts should not have negated the previous, years-old
agreement between the pair, which stipulated the $5,000 monthly figure.

"The law would be saying that contracts are null and void. I don't think
that it would be like that with someone else," he said.

In addition to child support, P. Diddy said he also pays for his 11-year-old
son Justin's health insurance, tuition, vacations, clothes and other items,
for a total of about $120,000 per year.

Last year, Hylton-Brim, a fashion stylist for stars, sued P. Diddy seeking
$35,000 a month in child support while she was divorcing the father of her
other children. P. Diddy claimed she was seeking "adult support."

He said the new payment is an injustice, noting that billionaire Ron
Perelman was ordered to pay about $12,000 in his child custody case several
years ago.

"I do take care of my child to my fullest, that's something that should be
rewarded. It's not something that should be handled this way," he said.

Hylton-Brim's lawyer, Brett Kimmel, told the AP that she has proven in court
that she needs more money.

"His claim that $5,112 should do the trick is obviously unreasonable, was
not upheld by any court anywhere, and I dare say is reason enough to explain
why she felt she needed to go to a court in the first place," Kimmel said.

He also addressed P. Diddy's claim that the lawsuit accused him of not
taking care of his child: "I don't think anybody has ever indicated in court
and otherwise that he's not a good father and he doesn't care about his
son."

P. Diddy also pays child support to his girlfriend, Kim Porter, the mother
of his second child, Christian, who went to court seeking more money when
they were estranged.

However, P. Diddy said reports that he pays Porter about $30,000 a month
were untrue. "She gets $12,000 a month. (But) she pays for everything"
including health care, he said.

Although P. Diddy claimed Hylton-Brim was driven by "greed," he also said
their relationship was good. "I've forgiven her on it, but I'm not going to
let up on it."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050524/..._diddy_support

Old May 25th 05, 02:04 AM

"flinrius" wrote in

Last month, the New York State Supreme Court's Appellate Division approved
an increase from about $5,000 to $21,782 per month to P. Diddy's
ex-girlfriend, Misa Hylton-Brim. Representatives of both P. Diddy and
Hylton-Brim say it's the highest child support payment in state history.

Thought the point of CS was making sure the child doesn't starve, those kids
sure have a large appetite!

Old May 25th 05, 03:20 AM
Dusty

"G" wrote in message
nk.net...

"flinrius" wrote in

Last month, the New York State Supreme Court's Appellate Division

approved
an increase from about $5,000 to $21,782 per month to P. Diddy's
ex-girlfriend, Misa Hylton-Brim. Representatives of both P. Diddy and
Hylton-Brim say it's the highest child support payment in state history.

Thought the point of CS was making sure the child doesn't starve, those

kids
sure have a large appetite!

It stopped being about C$ long ago for P. Diddy. Now it's Mommy $upport.

Hope she chokes on a bon bon while watching Oprah...