DS is growing up sniff

Old August 14th 06, 08:44 PM posted to misc.kids
toypup

Default DS is growing up sniff

I usually walk him to class and then hug and kiss him goodbye right there,
but today, he insisted that I hug and kiss him at the car and let him walk
to class on his own. No hugging or kissing near the playground. Of course,
the school wants all parents to watch their kids enter the playgroud before
leaving, a reasonable policy for kindergarteners. We had parked some
distance from the gate. I told him I could walk him to the entrance, but
not go into the playground, but that wasn't good enough. I have to stand at
the drop-off zone. I told him next time, I will drop him off in the
drop-off zone and he was very excited about that. Now, he insists I do that
everyday. I know they grow up, but oh, so quickly. sniff

Old August 15th 06, 12:46 AM posted to misc.kids
Irrational Number

toypup wrote:

I usually walk him to class and then hug and kiss him goodbye right there,
but today, he insisted that I hug and kiss him at the car and let him walk
to class on his own. No hugging or kissing near the playground. Of course,
the school wants all parents to watch their kids enter the playgroud before
leaving, a reasonable policy for kindergarteners. We had parked some
distance from the gate. I told him I could walk him to the entrance, but
not go into the playground, but that wasn't good enough. I have to stand at
the drop-off zone. I told him next time, I will drop him off in the
drop-off zone and he was very excited about that. Now, he insists I do that
everyday. I know they grow up, but oh, so quickly. sniff

Ahhhh, sniffle... This is exactly what I
tell my in-laws when they tell me they don't
like my cosleeping with the kids or that I
hold them too much...! ;(

-- Anita --
Old August 15th 06, 01:14 AM posted to misc.kids
L.

toypup wrote:
I usually walk him to class and then hug and kiss him goodbye right there,
but today, he insisted that I hug and kiss him at the car and let him walk
to class on his own. No hugging or kissing near the playground. Of course,
the school wants all parents to watch their kids enter the playgroud before
leaving, a reasonable policy for kindergarteners. We had parked some
distance from the gate. I told him I could walk him to the entrance, but
not go into the playground, but that wasn't good enough. I have to stand at
the drop-off zone. I told him next time, I will drop him off in the
drop-off zone and he was very excited about that. Now, he insists I do that
everyday. I know they grow up, but oh, so quickly. sniff

How old is he? What a great rite of passage!

-L.

Old August 15th 06, 02:42 AM posted to misc.kids
Jeff

"toypup" wrote in message
m...
I usually walk him to class and then hug and kiss him goodbye right there,
but today, he insisted that I hug and kiss him at the car and let him walk
to class on his own. No hugging or kissing near the playground. Of
course, the school wants all parents to watch their kids enter the
playgroud before leaving, a reasonable policy for kindergarteners. We had
parked some distance from the gate. I told him I could walk him to the
entrance, but not go into the playground, but that wasn't good enough. I
have to stand at the drop-off zone. I told him next time, I will drop him
off in the drop-off zone and he was very excited about that. Now, he
insists I do that everyday. I know they grow up, but oh, so quickly.
sniff

Don't worry. He loves you just as much as ever. And still needs you just as
much as ever.

Jeff

Old August 15th 06, 04:22 AM posted to misc.kids
Nikki

"toypup" wrote in message
m...
I usually walk him to class and then hug and kiss him goodbye right there,
but today, he insisted that I hug and kiss him at the car and let him walk
to class on his own. No hugging or kissing near the playground. Of
course, the school wants all parents to watch their kids enter the
playgroud before leaving, a reasonable policy for kindergarteners. We had
parked some distance from the gate. I told him I could walk him to the
entrance, but not go into the playground, but that wasn't good enough. I
have to stand at the drop-off zone. I told him next time, I will drop him
off in the drop-off zone and he was very excited about that. Now, he
insists I do that everyday. I know they grow up, but oh, so quickly.
sniff

Oh wow - what a big boy now. He must feel so proud of himself. You've done
a good job :-)

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Old August 15th 06, 06:51 AM posted to misc.kids
Sushi Fish

toypup wrote:
I usually walk him to class and then hug and kiss him goodbye right there,
but today, he insisted that I hug and kiss him at the car and let him walk
to class on his own. No hugging or kissing near the playground. Of course,
the school wants all parents to watch their kids enter the playgroud before
leaving, a reasonable policy for kindergarteners. We had parked some
distance from the gate. I told him I could walk him to the entrance, but
not go into the playground, but that wasn't good enough. I have to stand at
the drop-off zone. I told him next time, I will drop him off in the
drop-off zone and he was very excited about that. Now, he insists I do that
everyday. I know they grow up, but oh, so quickly. sniff

they grow up quick, you will not imagine what they can do in the next 5
yrs. I recall my son was a little kid when he was in kindergarten, now
at 11 1/4 yrs old, 5' 2 and grows 1'' every couple of month, sprints
very fast, walks 20 miles in 2 days with 25lbs backpack with his cub
scout in Arizona. His back is definitively V shaped, his ribs is
bulging, he is now a young boy, no longer a kid, and I miss his trusty
and innocent questions.

Old August 15th 06, 05:01 PM posted to misc.kids
Nan

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 19:44:51 GMT, "toypup"
wrote:

I usually walk him to class and then hug and kiss him goodbye right there,
but today, he insisted that I hug and kiss him at the car and let him walk
to class on his own. No hugging or kissing near the playground. Of course,
the school wants all parents to watch their kids enter the playgroud before
leaving, a reasonable policy for kindergarteners. We had parked some
distance from the gate. I told him I could walk him to the entrance, but
not go into the playground, but that wasn't good enough. I have to stand at
the drop-off zone. I told him next time, I will drop him off in the
drop-off zone and he was very excited about that. Now, he insists I do that
everyday. I know they grow up, but oh, so quickly. sniff

Aww, it's tough to be a mom. I remember that rite of passage with my
ds in preschool. And absolutely NO kisses any wear near the school by
first grade! Gosh forbid one of his friends see him being cuddly with
mom G

Nan

Old August 16th 06, 12:30 AM posted to misc.kids
Chookie

In article ,
Nan wrote:

Aww, it's tough to be a mom. I remember that rite of passage with my
ds in preschool. And absolutely NO kisses any wear near the school by
first grade! Gosh forbid one of his friends see him being cuddly with
mom G

LOL -- DS1 hasn't hit that yet (he's halfway through Kindy). Still lots of
hugs and kisses for me, DS2 and DH.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old August 16th 06, 11:07 AM posted to misc.kids
0tterbot

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
Nan wrote:

Aww, it's tough to be a mom. I remember that rite of passage with my
ds in preschool. And absolutely NO kisses any wear near the school by
first grade! Gosh forbid one of his friends see him being cuddly with
mom G

LOL -- DS1 hasn't hit that yet (he's halfway through Kindy). Still lots
of
hugs and kisses for me, DS2 and DH.

my ds1 (who is TEN) hasn't hit that yet! neither has the 7 year old, come to
think of it.... 10 y.o. kind of puts up with that sort of thing, little ds
doesn't care a whit, so that's ok. actually, i rarely go to school any
more - they get themselves there & back, so maybe that's why it's not
something that bothers them - it just doesn't happen very often. i was there
the other afternoon though & ds1 put up with me smooching him quite nicely.
he also comes to hug me at home in front of his friends, & doesn't care.
actually, i think he might have a tiny problem with the kissing, but isn't
concerned about the hugging at all. which is odd (as they sort of go
together, although evidently not in his mind), but there you are.
kylie

Old August 16th 06, 05:08 PM posted to misc.kids
Sue

"Chookie" wrote in message
LOL -- DS1 hasn't hit that yet (he's halfway through Kindy). Still lots

of
hugs and kisses for me, DS2 and DH.

My girls have not hit that yet either and they are 14, 11, and 9 years old.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Excerpt: Growing Up Too Fast Jane Smith Solutions 0 September 27th 05 02:41 PM
Growing Pains KD General 21 August 29th 05 12:27 PM
Growing up in foster care Mildred DuWop Foster Parents 3 April 26th 05 08:27 PM
Growing pains M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t-May 25, 2004 Kids Health 0 May 25th 04 09:26 PM