Girl Scout sewing?

Old September 26th 03, 01:39 AM
Michelle J. Haines

Default Girl Scout sewing?

Does anyone know if Girl Scout sewing patterns still exist? Our
Brownie troop, while not doing the whole uniform thing, is probably
going to go with the vests rather than the sashes, and the vests cost
more, so I thought about sewing them instead. But, while I remember
there being Girl Scout sewing patterns, I can't find any right now!

There is a Daisy smock sewing KIT in my Girl Scout magazine, but I
don't see a kit for the Brownie vests.

Michelle
Flutist

--
In my heart. By my side.
Never apart. AP with Pride!
Old September 26th 03, 03:41 AM
toto

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 18:39:40 -0600, Michelle J. Haines
wrote:

Does anyone know if Girl Scout sewing patterns still exist? Our
Brownie troop, while not doing the whole uniform thing, is probably
going to go with the vests rather than the sashes, and the vests cost
more, so I thought about sewing them instead. But, while I remember
there being Girl Scout sewing patterns, I can't find any right now!

There is a Daisy smock sewing KIT in my Girl Scout magazine, but I
don't see a kit for the Brownie vests.

If you like to sew, you may purchase Girl Scout sewing patterns
and fabric from Jo Ann Fabrics stores. You may also purchase
your Girl Scout necessities from the JC Penney catalog, the
Girl Scouts of the U.S.A. catalog

I did find a message on a yahoo group saying Jo Ann Fabric Stores
had discontinued the material though. Not sure if you can still find it.

You can try here too
http://shop.girlscouts.org/frames.as...re=uniformshop

From everything I can find, the pattern was discontinued.

The Brownie pattern seems to have been discontinued. The pattern
number is simplicity pattern 9437. You can try Simplicity Direct and
see.

If you can't find the pattern, perhaps you can get a single vest and take it
apart to make your pattern.

I also found a page from a girlscout named Kristina who says she has
a pattern if anyone is interested, so you might email her.

http://www.geocities.com/gsscctroop167/uniforms.html

Where To Get It: Uniforms can be purchased at Kettman’s or Merry Mart.
You can also order online at the GSUSA website (GSUSA Online Shopping
Mall). If anyone is so inclined, Kristina has a pattern that works well for
making your daughter’s vest.

Michelle
Flutist

--
Dorothy

Outer Limits
Old September 26th 03, 04:07 AM
Rosalie B.

wrote:

[...]

From everything I can find, the pattern was discontinued.

The Brownie pattern seems to have been discontinued. The pattern
number is simplicity pattern 9437. You can try Simplicity Direct and
see.

You might also try on ebay

If you can't find the pattern, perhaps you can get a single vest and take it
apart to make your pattern.

I also found a page from a girlscout named Kristina who says she has
a pattern if anyone is interested, so you might email her.

http://www.geocities.com/gsscctroop167/uniforms.html

Where To Get It: Uniforms can be purchased at Kettman’s or Merry Mart.
You can also order online at the GSUSA website (GSUSA Online Shopping
Mall). If anyone is so inclined, Kristina has a pattern that works well for
making your daughter’s vest.

Michelle
Flutist

grandma Rosalie
Old September 27th 03, 04:57 PM
Vicki

"Michelle J. Haines" wrote
Does anyone know if Girl Scout sewing patterns still exist? Our
Brownie troop, while not doing the whole uniform thing, is probably
going to go with the vests rather than the sashes, and the vests cost
more, so I thought about sewing them instead. But, while I remember
there being Girl Scout sewing patterns, I can't find any right now!

If cost is a consideration, you can also look for vests at secondhand
stores. Kids drop out and don't want the vest--they go for next to nothing.
Side note: we've preferred the vests to the sashes. Vests hold more
patches and stay put, unlike the sash. The girls used to get sashes and
many needed two sashes to hold their try-its/fun patches. The sash may work
better for a child in a wheelchair.

cloth diaper fold for girl? Pamela Perkins General 10 September 24th 03 05:25 PM
"Bad Girl!!!" Laurie General 11 August 16th 03 08:42 PM
Night terrors/nightmares in 11yo girl Tai General 0 August 7th 03 11:03 AM
suggest birthday present ideas for five year old girl jeff General 8 July 22nd 03 07:08 PM
Cops: Mom Hit Girl, 1 [email protected] General 1 July 6th 03 03:33 AM