PBS Campaign - Round 3 Begins

Old November 10th 05, 08:47 PM
Tess

Default PBS Campaign - Round 3 Begins

Subject: PBS Campaign - Round 3 Begins

PBS Campaign - Round 3 Begins

Today we are launching Round 3 of the campaign
against the PBS movie, "Breaking the
Silence." We are taking our case to the
Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB), which
provides a big slice of PBS's funding.

We want everyone to join our campaign by
clicking on this link:

www.glennsacks.com/pbs
(http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=4ladfqbab.0....acks.com%2Fpbs)

Even if you have previously participated in this
campaign, I need you to participate again, because
this is our first salvo at CPB.

Just click on the link above, and one or two more
keystrokes will do the trick. You can skip all the
reading below if you wish, just click on the
link.

Progress to Date

* Somewhere between 6,000 and 10,000
calls, letters and emails have gone to PBS
protesting "Breaking the Silence." This is the
result of a nationwide effort by eight or nine
coordinated fathers' and family organizations.

* Fathers & Families has mailed a detailed
letter to every PBS affiliate station in the country,
detailing the inaccuracies and distortions in the
film.

* PBS is wavering. They have told us the film
is "under review." A few affiliates are reported to
have pulled it. A few more are airing opposing
views. PBS has retreated, now calling the problem of
abusive fathers who get custody "statistically
small."

* Court documents have surfaced showing
that Sadia Loeliger, portrayed as a heroine in the
film, is actually a serial child abuser.

* The American Psychological Association has
stated that the film misrepresents its position on
parental alienation.

* Fox News columnist Wendy McElroy has
just written a column on our PBS campaign.

* Columnist Phyllis Schlafly has written a
column that criticizes the film; she appears in more
than 100 newspapers.

* The American Coalition for Fathers and
Children (ACFC) has written a detailed letter to PBS
criticizing "Breaking the Silence," signed by
twenty individuals and organizations.

* At least 25 mental health professionals
have joined a list of those who object to the film's
portrayal of parental alienation.

Our Demand

We are demanding that PBS broadcast opposing
views.

Take Action Now

We need at least 5,000 more protests. Take action
now by clicking on the link below. Forward this email
to at least five people, asking them to do the same.
Anyone who wants more information before acting
can find it all at the same link.

Old November 10th 05, 11:26 PM
Phil #3

So far I have received two emails from PBS in relation to this. Both appear
to be actual emails and not form letters.
I think they may be catching a lot of heat.
Phil #3

oups.com...