new here!!

Old July 4th 03, 09:49 PM
dolores

Default new here!!

"Dennis Here" youreply
wrote in message ...

turtledove wrote in message ...

"Kristen313" wrote in message

Kristen, there are people here with vision problems, with learning
disabilities, with all kinds of characteristics that might have made
that particular post hard for them to read. Maybe she's just saying
that it's hard to read. Maybe that's the whole point of that comment.

Come on, do you really believe that?

Actually it's true. I, for one, have double vision due to a car accident

had a year ago. When things are written all lowercase, without

punctuation,
it is really hard for me to read it properly. I can still read it if I

had
to, but generally I skip those messages.

So yes, what Cele said it true and she does believe it.

I am just a cantacorous (spell check couldn't help) old grump

Old grump hey?......And to think I was going to suggest that when we meet we
go surfing.....Freddy would love it......so would I......watching a
cantankorous old grump riding the waves...lol

Dolores

Old July 5th 03, 05:01 AM
Kristen313

Given what I've read so far I wouldn't blame Kirsten if she unsubscribed,
cos she's been blown outa the water.....all the way and made to feel totally
unwelcome.........and I'm damned if I can find at post to support that
response......

Dolores

Dolores, I appreciate your support. I've been trying to stick it out here
because it seems like there are some helpful things to read from people who
have been there.
Kristen
Old July 5th 03, 11:12 PM
dolores

"Kristen313" wrote in message

Given what I've read so far I wouldn't blame Kirsten if she unsubscribed,
cos she's been blown outa the water.....all the way and made to feel

totally
unwelcome.........and I'm damned if I can find at post to support that
response......

Dolores

Dolores, I appreciate your support. I've been trying to stick it out here
because it seems like there are some helpful things to read from people

who
have been there.
Kristen

Yeah you're right, it's just a shame more of the real regulars are not
around, they are genuinely nice people.....and really had a good
laugh.....their wit was fantastic......This new bunch.....are too uptight
than is healthy....one or two excepted of course......mind you!!.....I have
to make allowances though.......they're American....teehee )

Dolores

Old July 6th 03, 01:36 AM
Tiffany

dolores wrote in message

[...]

Well, god knows you have always been so nice. lmao

Old July 6th 03, 02:20 AM

In ,
dolores typed:
[...]

I hope I have not proven to be "too uptight" for ya. I know I am American,
but we all have our crosses to bear. LOL

Betsy
--
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with
ketchup.

Old July 6th 03, 06:17 AM
Cele

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 21:20:08 +0100, "dolores" wrote:

"Cele" wrote in message
.. .
On 27 Jun 2003 03:17:05 GMT, (Kristen313) wrote:

I am having a very hard time reading this. Sentences are just running
together....

Whatever.

Just another example of someone trying to get a little support, and you
responding with a nasty comment. Do you know how to be kind? Is your life
really that bad?

Kirsten, if it was, would this response make it better, and more
likely she'd be helpful, or worse?

Sometimes it's a good idea to just lay low for a bit, and get to know
who people are before you post. Learn a little about them, what they
face, what they've been through, what they've done about it. People
here are mostly pretty decent people, but everyone's got a story,
y'know. I expect you do too. In a big room full of people you didn't
know, you'd probably get to know 'em a bit before getting into the
heavy talking, right? You'd wait to see how the land lay, who might
have some shared experiences, stuff like that. You probably wouldn't
vent straight off....at least, I don't suppose most people would.
It's not so very different here.

If you've got some things you want to talk about with respect to
single parenting, why not start a new thread, toss out some thoughts
(but steer clear of the ex bashing stuff), and see what kind of
response you get to that? Most people can separate from a flame war
and cut to the chase. I'd certainly respond to posts like that with my
best efforts at support, and so, I think, would lots of other people.

Good luck to you, whatever you decide to do.

Cele

THAT has got to be one of the most patronising posts I've ever
read.......and I've been on the group about 5 years I think (absences
excluded).

Well, it's nice to be achieving new levels, I guess.

FWIW, it wasn't my intention to be patronising. She did sound like a
newbie and like maybe she was fairly young. She was seeming at that
time as if she wanted to be here and I was trying to be more
supportive rather than engaging in the flame war. If Kirsten felt
patronised, I'd certainly apologise to her, as that wasn't what I
meant to do.

I actually took the time to read the post and appreciate that not everyone
is endowed with good grammer. The original poster may well be
dislexic....we dont know. Did any of ye think to ask.....doubt it!! (Mind
you, it is a long thread and havent read them all.......so I am open to
being corrected....this time)

Huh? I've read the whole thread too...in fact, I've read every post
for ages. Although I'm catching up tonight. But I've read 'em to that
point.

Anyway, I think it was me who pointed out that people are sometimes
dyslexic and stuff? I wouldn't directly ask someone if they were,
because A) I figure that if they wanted to tell Usenet they would, and
B) since it's an area of expertise for me I can often tell by the
posts anyway.

On reading the post I think it's genuine and the poor girl is having a bad
time. Well she must be....to come out with a statement that she is a bad
mother......I was there once.....I thought *I* was a bad mother.....so I
know how it feels......Unfortuantely I wasn't lucky enough to have family
nearby or ASSP.

Dolores? I don't know what you're talking about. I never told anyone I
thought they were a bad mother, and I certainly didn't say that to
Kirsten. I'm really confused. I'm also on a huge backlog in my
newsgroups because I've been away for a week, so I confess I haven't
re-read the thread to try to figure it out. I kind of thought I was
being helpful. I certainly meant to be.

Jesus!!....Some of ye that have joined this group are real arrogant
arseholes! Just my 2cents!

And I thought you and I got along pretty well.....LOL

Cele
Old July 6th 03, 06:22 AM
Cele

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 21:20:08 +0100, "dolores" wrote:

"Cele" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Okay, now I'm starting to get it. Dolores, I was posting to
***Kirsten***, not to Maureen, as I clearly state above. My post was
responded to my post with one that gave no indication of finding my
comments patronising, and some indication that she'd found them
helpful.

HERE is my response to Maureen:

I actually took the time to read the post and appreciate that not everyone
is endowed with good grammer. The original poster may well be
dislexic....we dont know. Did any of ye think to ask.....doubt it!! (Mind
you, it is a long thread and havent read them all.......so I am open to
being corrected....this time)

I read and responded to the original post, as cited.

On reading the post I think it's genuine and the poor girl is having a bad
time. Well she must be....to come out with a statement that she is a bad
mother......I was there once.....I thought *I* was a bad mother.....so I
know how it feels......Unfortuantely I wasn't lucky enough to have family
nearby or ASSP.

Jesus!!....Some of ye that have joined this group are real arrogant
arseholes! Just my 2cents!

I think you might need to get some change....

[g]

Cele
Old July 6th 03, 06:14 PM
dolores

"Tiffany" wrote in message

dolores wrote in message

[...]

Aaah...aint you sweet!!..LOL ))

Dolores

Old July 6th 03, 06:19 PM
dolores

"Cele" wrote in message
On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 21:30:18 +0100, "dolores" wrote:

Given what I've read so far I wouldn't blame Kirsten if she unsubscribed,
cos she's been blown outa the water.....all the way and made to feel

totally
unwelcome.........and I'm damned if I can find at post to support that
response......

Yeah. I don't get it either. How what might have been justifiably mild
irritation became an all out gang war kinda beats me.

Now that's what I thought, cos I've tried to find a post that deserved all
the abuse she(kirsten) got, and cant, hence the reason why I stuck my oar
in......LOL.....not that I *need* a reason of course!... wink.

Dolores

Old July 6th 03, 06:22 PM
dolores

"Cele" wrote in message
On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 21:45:33 +0100, "dolores" wrote:

"Cele" wrote in message
.. .
On 27 Jun 2003 04:30:24 GMT, (Kristen313) wrote:

I am having a very hard time reading this. Sentences are just

running
together....

Whatever.

What would the purpose of this comment be? Trying to be helpful in

her
sentence structure? Didn't think so.

Kristen, there are people here with vision problems, with learning
disabilities, with all kinds of characteristics that might have made
that particular post hard for them to read. Maybe she's just saying
that it's hard to read. Maybe that's the whole point of that comment.

Cele

What a load o' ****e Cele.....and we both know it!...

If someone found it hard to read for a particular reason they would
say.......I found Maureens post hard to follow cos it was just

that.....but
I read it all the same.....cos some of it got to me......Shame

.........she's
gone now and I hope ye are all happy and reaaaaallll proud of yerselves.

Hey, I never did anything to Maureen!

Oh maybe I got the wrong name......if I have sorry....... I'm not pedantic
enough sometimes......ah well, I live and learn I suppose.

You're right about the post, though. I don't even remember it, but it
seems to me that I thought the 'whatever' was possibly frustration,
and it was somewhere early in what became the latest flame war where I
thought that the 'whatever' might be triggered by stuff batting back
and forth.

But I forget.

And it was report card week.

Cele, what's "report card week"? Is this an end of year report like we have
here......or a work thing?

Dolores