state rating??

Old November 12th 05, 02:47 AM
jefe

Default state rating??

I am in the process of collecting support. I was told the laws in the
state(NC) in which the parent who owes money lives in, is pretty much in
charge of what will be done to collect the money. I was wondering if some
states have better track records than others? North Carolina particularly.

TIA

jefe

Old November 13th 05, 04:01 PM
Trial Run

My experience is that in MN, collection of CS varies even within the
State. Hennepin County which is most of the Twin cities has a lot more
resources available to their CS system. (granted most all of them favor
the CP)
Then take Beltrami County which is rural area, and the resources are
very limited. They both have the same standards in place, income
withholding, DL suspension, Tax intercepts.
But in Beltrami where the CS workers are so overloaded with cases,
those resources are often overlooked and not implimented in a timely
manner.
Hennepin county where BF's case is at, the CS office watches his case
with eagle eyes. If anything is missing, they are on him like flies on
s***. While fighting and waiting for a appeal to come through over a
family courts magistrates goof up, the CS office, suspended his DL,
froze his bank accounts, even though he was sending in his previous CS
amount. The hearing from the Court of Appeals did come back in his
favor and all was restored. And he actually pays less now then before
the original Family Court Magistrate goofed it up! This is a NCP who
has never missed a payment in the past!
Beltrami county where my case is, the CS office barely breaths and are
most times unaware (or do not care) that the case is up for different
collection means. Ex: to suspend a drivers liscense when lack of CS
meets the requirment. They were 6 months late in appling that method,
which didn't work anyhow because NCP just drives and works without it
anyhow! He has been stopped numerous times and has just been made to
wait while someone comes to drive his veichle home. It is up to the
cops descretion on how to handle a suspended DL.. I just saw this on a
Tv show the other night!!