Low Income Fathers, Child Support and Economic Oppression

Old September 15th 06, 03:17 AM posted to soc.men,alt.child-support
Andre Lieven

Default Low Income Fathers, Child Support and Economic Oppression

"Tracy" ) oopsied:
"Hyerdahl" wrote in message
oups.com...

Chris wrote:

Taxpayers (see voters) LIKE the idea of men
paying for their own children.

Children are for sale?

No, but they ARE to be supported. See the difference?

FYI - you are talking to someone who believes children can be raised for
free.

FYI - you are talking to someone who believes children are mommy's sole
property.

IOW, a kid pimp. HTH.

Andre

Old September 15th 06, 03:26 AM posted to alt.child-support,soc.men
pandora

"Tracy" wrote in message

"Hyerdahl" wrote in message
oups.com...

Chris wrote:

Taxpayers (see voters) LIKE the idea of men
paying for their own children.

Children are for sale?

No, but they ARE to be supported. See the difference?

FYI - you are talking to someone who believes children can be raised for
free.

Well, perhaps HE is happy with his kids living in the doghouse and eating
road kill but most parents want better than that for their kids.

Marg

Tracy

Old September 15th 06, 03:42 AM posted to alt.child-support,can.legal,can.politics,soc.men
Bob Whiteside

"Gini" wrote in message

"Hyerdahl" wrote
Gini wrote:
"Hyerdahl" wrote
What rights do not go thru the front door, for women, came in the
other
way. :-)
Yes, that's true. :-) It's called 'going thru the back door'. :-)
==
I think your smiley key is stuck.

Apparently, it's "stuck" right up your ass.

==
Geez, that's the best you can do?

She won't be smiling when she realizes affirmative action that gave special
rights to women is incrementally going away by SC rulings.

Old September 15th 06, 03:52 AM posted to alt.child-support,can.legal,can.politics,soc.men
Bob Whiteside

"Hyerdahl" wrote in message
oups.com...

Chris wrote:
(edit)

The ONLY time the government should step in is when the children are

being
abused: beaten, starved, exposed, no medical care etc.. Not when they

are
denied soccer practice, violin lessons, and designer jeans.

Nonsense! The court favors the best interests of children INCLUDING
maintaining their lifestyle.

How can a lifestyle be maintained if the child's parents were never married
and never lived together?

It seems to me the courts actually elevate the child's lifestyle from single
parenthood lifestyle chosen by the mother to a lifestyle as if the mother
got married or lived in an intact relationship. That amounts to
artificially projecting a putative lifestyle without it ever being a
reality.

Old September 15th 06, 04:04 AM posted to alt.child-support,can.legal,can.politics,soc.men
Gini

"Bob Whiteside" wrote

"Gini" wrote

"Hyerdahl" wrote
Gini wrote:
"Hyerdahl" wrote
What rights do not go thru the front door, for women, came in the
other
way. :-)
Yes, that's true. :-) It's called 'going thru the back door'. :-)
==
I think your smiley key is stuck.

Apparently, it's "stuck" right up your ass.

==
Geez, that's the best you can do?

She won't be smiling when she realizes affirmative action that gave
special
rights to women is incrementally going away by SC rulings.

==
I think she inserts the smiley every time she believes she said something
ingenious.
Isn't that adorable? As for the Court, hopefully they will get around to
equal rights for men.

Old September 15th 06, 04:42 AM posted to alt.child-support,can.legal,can.politics,soc.men
Chris

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"teachrmama" wrote in message

"Hyerdahl" wrote in message
oups.com...

Gini wrote:
"Hyerdahl" wrote
Men make the choice to RISK childbirth, whether or not they
house the
harm.
==
As do women.

Indeed. So now you see why they share the expense of raising

child
THEY co-create.

And when it gets to the point that each parent has the child

50%
of the time, and they inconvenience themselves to make sure

that
their child has 2 parents, then maybe we can talk about
co-responsibility. Money is only a part of it.

So how do you propose ensuring all parents to do their (at

least)
50% of parenting? Do you have some plan to mandate and enforce
this?

Well, Moon, they had to get together to create the child so they
can continue being close enough together to parent the child. At
the very least, both parents should have the same options: to
parent or not to parent, and if they bvoth choose to parent, and
equal amount of time with the child. Your situation is not the
norm. The majority of divorcing parents want to continue to

parent
their children.

My question was not about who desires what - you stated that each
parent has the child 50% of the time. I didn't bring *my*

situation
into it. My situation is no more the norm than yours is. I asked
how you propose to make sure that 50% parenting happens - because

in
far too many cases, it doesn't.

So again... How do you propose ensuring all parents to do their

(at
least) 50% of parenting? Do you have some plan to mandate and
enforce this?

I actually think that if Big Daddy Gubmint stepped out of all but

the
most contentious cases, these things would work themselves out.
Despite BDG's opinion to the contrary, the vast majority of adults
are mature enough to handle the situation. And I do think that

once
the contentiousness was gone, we would see far fewer families
splitting up.

None of which actually answers my question.

What is YOUR proposed solution to ensuring that all parents to do
their (at least) 50% of parenting? Do you have some plan to mandate
and enforce this?

You keep coming back to*forcxing* a parent to parent!!
\
I'm not trying to fore anything - except perhaps to have you directly
answer the question I have directly asked 3 times now.

You say that each parent has the child 50% of the time.

For the 4th time, how do you propose to ensure that each parent has

the
child 50% of the time?

For the gosh-knows-how-manyth time, Moon, PARENTS WHO WANT TO PARENT DO
NOT NEED TO BE COMPELLED TO DO SO!!!! Mom and Dad work it out

together.

Um, Teach? Generally, people who could not work it out together to stay
married to each other have difficulty working just about anything
together.

I don't agree with you. I think adults are perfectly capable of being
adults.

I know a number of adults who are not married yet work out their parenting
issues just fine. Apparently, she thinks the ONLY way to not need some third
party referee is to be married to each other.

NOT
Big Daddy Gubmint coming up with a one-size-fits-all plan. Each set of
parents WORKS IT OUT. Why is that so difficult for you to grasp?

Perhaps because I recognize the strong probabilities that people who

can't
work things out together to actually stay married to each other are far
less likely to be able to work anything out together :-)

I actually think that they are perfectly capable, if given the

opportunity.
As it stands today, mom usually gets all the rights and the support, so
there is no reason for her to bargain. If they start ou on equal ground,

think they will be perfectly capable.

Because of the so-called "strong probability" that they will not be able to
work it out, she advocates "family court" taking control. A pre-emptive
strike, to say the least!

I DO NOT think this
would be a problem.

Then why are you unable (or unwilling) to answer the question.

EACH set of parents works it out!

Hmmm, think they'll work it out as well as they worked out their

marriage?

Marriage and children are 2 totally different things. People who are not
willing to work through a marriage difficulty will still want what is best
for their children. You wouldn't harm your children just to stick it to
your ex, would you?

Maybe she WOULD! Hence her position on the matter. If the success of being a
parent hinges on the success of one's marriage, I wonder how she determines
the parental success of never-married parents?

Why are you so set on a step-by-step
plan?

I don't require a step-by-step plan - I was hoping that you might have

one
of those lightbulb moments, I guess

Light-bulb moments? Like coming to the conclusion that the human race is

so
devoid of hope that Big Daddy Gubmint has to control them, down to their
thought processes? I don't think so.

The vast majority of adults are mature enough to handle the details
themselves. I know many couples who have done just that.

And I'm sure there are any number of us who know just as many couples

who
are incapable of doing just that.

So much for anecdotal data :-)

Incapable because they really just can't do it? Or because the playing
fiend starts out so incredibly unfair to one party?

Her definition of "incapable" is a man who is threatened with jail if he
comes near his children.

Most parents *want* to paernt! Why do you think it
would be otherwise?

I've stated nothing about what I do, or don't, think - I asked you a
simple and direct question, and so far, you have done your darnedest

not answer it.

I have answered and answered and answered. You just do not like the
answer.

It's been a non-answer each time, Teach. I asked, and you danced

around,
but never answered the question. You gave answers to a whole bunch of
questions that weren't asked, as well as stating that my situation

wasn't
the norm, even though I never brought my situation into it.

Moon, let me spell it out: ADULTS ARE PERFECTLY CAPABLE OF MAKING ADULT
DECISIONS AND, IF NOT PUT IN ADVERSARIAL AND/OR NO-WIN SITUATIONS, CAN

MAKE
FAIR AND RATIONAL DECISIONS.

She's making assumptions without affording parents the opportunity to prove
themselves.

Or, perhaps, you like having a rule book that everyone is forced to
follow lock step. There is no blanket answer. It is worked out by the
parents themselves--without The government breathing down their necks.

Yup - and I anticipate that the parents will be working it out just

about
as well as they managed to work out their relationship/marriage.

I just think it is so very sad that you have such little hope for people.
People are capable of rising to the challenge--they don't need the
government changing their diapers. I sure hope you discover that one day,
Moon.

Old September 15th 06, 04:53 AM posted to alt.child-support,can.legal,can.politics,soc.men
Chris

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"teachrmama" wrote in message

snip for length

[...]

equal ground, I think they will be perfectly capable.

As capable as they were in maintaining their marriage?

Children and marriage are 2 different things. In a nonadversarial system
where the playing field is equal, most adults can work things out. They do
not need a government agency to force solutions on them

I DO NOT think this
would be a problem.

Then why are you unable (or unwilling) to answer the question.

EACH set of parents works it out!

Hmmm, think they'll work it out as well as they worked out their
marriage?

Marriage and children are 2 totally different things. People who are

not
willing to work through a marriage difficulty will still want what is
best for their children. You wouldn't harm your children just to stick
it to your ex, would you?

Never have, hadn't planned on starting anytime soon - but this isn't

about
me :-)

Oh--so you think YOU are capable of working in the best interests of your
children, but most other people aren't. Hmmm....

Why are you so set on a step-by-step
plan?

I don't require a step-by-step plan - I was hoping that you might have
one of those lightbulb moments, I guess

Light-bulb moments? Like coming to the conclusion that the human race

is
so devoid of hope that Big Daddy Gubmint has to control them, down to
their thought processes? I don't think so.

The vast majority of adults are mature enough to handle the details
themselves. I know many couples who have done just that.

And I'm sure there are any number of us who know just as many couples
who are incapable of doing just that.

So much for anecdotal data :-)

Incapable because they really just can't do it? Or because the playing
fiend starts out so incredibly unfair to one party?

Clearly, you're really stuck on this man victim, woman
buddies-with-the-judge idea.
While it may be the case in some cases, we're back to the one-size

doesn't
fit all.
But as long as you insist that your viewpoint is the way the world runs,

guess we're all done.

I had hoped you might open your mind to other ideas, just a wee bit.

And I, Moon, had kind of hoped that you would see that adults are capable

of
being adults without the government standing there with a club insisting
that they, and only they, have the answer to any problem.

What strikes me is how is it that such government people with the big clubs
somehow have the ability to make things work out when the rest of the adults
don't?
Are they superior people?

Most parents *want* to paernt! Why do you think it
would be otherwise?

I've stated nothing about what I do, or don't, think - I asked you a
simple and direct question, and so far, you have done your darnedest
to not answer it.

I have answered and answered and answered. You just do not like the
answer.

It's been a non-answer each time, Teach. I asked, and you danced
around, but never answered the question. You gave answers to a whole
bunch of questions that weren't asked, as well as stating that my
situation wasn't the norm, even though I never brought my situation

into
it.

Moon, let me spell it out: ADULTS ARE PERFECTLY CAPABLE OF MAKING

ADULT
DECISIONS AND, IF NOT PUT IN ADVERSARIAL AND/OR NO-WIN SITUATIONS, CAN
MAKE FAIR AND RATIONAL DECISIONS.

You can make the letters ten feet high in red enamel paint, Teach - but
you seem to miss the pretty simple point that I disagree with you.

I may, or may not, be the only one :-)

As does Big Daddy Gubmint, which once was "of the people, by the people

and
for the people," but now thinks they are the only ones who who can "save"
the people from themselves. Sad. Is the cup half full? Half empty? Or
provided by Big Daddy Gubmint, who gets to decide how much each person

gets,
because they are incapable of making such a choice for themselves?

And they work out their issues by FORCE or threat thereof. Uhuh, that's
really "working it out".........

Or, perhaps, you like having a rule book that everyone is forced to
follow lock step. There is no blanket answer. It is worked out by

the
parents themselves--without The government breathing down their

necks.

Yup - and I anticipate that the parents will be working it out just
about as well as they managed to work out their relationship/marriage.

I just think it is so very sad that you have such little hope for

people.

Well, I find your blind naivete, combined with your dogmatic insistance
that your viewpoint is the right one, to be equally disturbing.

I'm certainly glsd you have no dogmatic viewpoints, Moon. chuckle

Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

People are capable of rising to the challenge--they don't need the
government changing their diapers. I sure hope you discover that one
day, Moon.

Not all people, teach - and many times, not the people that matter. I
suspect it'll be a rude awakening for you when you discover this.

Of course not all people. But MOST people are.

Old September 15th 06, 04:56 AM posted to alt.child-support,can.legal,can.politics,soc.men
Chris

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"teachrmama" wrote in message

"Hyerdahl" wrote in message

oups.com...

Gini wrote:
[...]

I agree with you. But you have to admit states have forced mandatory
child
mediation onto parents since the mid-80's. These legally required
mediation
sessions are nothing more than "make work" programs for the local

court
judges' psychologist friends. The courts are so rigid in protecting
employment for their friends, they refuse to allow either party to

object
the mandatory mediation process to go outside for an independent
evaluation.

Now, Bob, don't you think things might have worked out better between

you
and your ex if she had not been so unfairly backed by the family court
system? If things had started out mandatory 50/50 custody, would she

not
have been a little more giving and a little less contentious? As it

was,
she held most of the cards. Why di she even need to bargain with you?

The irony is both of us bought into the mandatory mediation process. We

did
what the court asked - watched a very compelling film about being good
parents despite our differences, went through the mediation process, and
reached a custody agreement.

Where the deal went sideways was when her attorney asked her after the

fact,
"Why did you agree to all that stuff when you didn't have to?"

That attorney is the most disingenuous person I have ever met. He lied to
my attorney about his true intentions and misled us into a trap. He is

now
the presiding judge for the local county circuit court and impacting
numerous cases with his judicial bias.

My guess is this foolish man was raised by a mother who never said "no".

His law partner, who also worked for
my ex, is one of the county family law judges.

My point is - We thought we started on equal ground and both of us acted
like adults, but that's not how it ended up.

Old September 15th 06, 04:59 AM posted to alt.child-support,can.legal,can.politics,soc.men
Chris

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"teachrmama" wrote in message

"Hyerdahl" wrote in message

oups.com...

Gini wrote:
[...]

numerous cases with his judicial bias. His law partner, who also worked
for
my ex, is one of the county family law judges.

My point is - We thought we started on equal ground and both of us acted
like adults, but that's not how it ended up.

But it was because of the system now in place--not because the 2 of you

were
incapable of communicating and coming to a result that both of you could
live with. Kick the dang bureaucracy out, including lawyers. Get rid of
the idea that there needs to be a winner and a loser. Sure there will be
cases that need intervention--but not the vast majority. And I am

certainly
NOT in favor of some disgusting government-run group running the

mediations!

With the exception of criminal behavior, I have yet to have anyone explain
why the courts are needed.

Old September 15th 06, 05:03 AM posted to alt.child-support,can.legal,can.politics,soc.men
Chris

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"teachrmama" wrote in message

"Hyerdahl" wrote in message

oups.com...

Gini wrote:
[...]

In a back-handed way I was saying it doesn't matter where you start. It's
where you end up that counts.

Starting with a 50/50 joint custody presumption sounds good. But if there
are pitfalls within the process, the end result will be remarkably
different.

And my other point is - If the state laws continue to bar agreements

reached
outside of court when the parties no longer agree, the judges and

attorneys
will be able to override any parental agreement without participating in

the
mediations/negotiations.

It is very tempting when a lawyer says, "You didn't need to agree to 'X'
because I can get you 'Y'." Greed, insecurity, and lack of understanding
cause significant conflict that gets fueled by attorney intervention.

These yahoos are bent on immediate gratification at the expense of others.
But rest-assured, it always irons itself out in the end..... always.