Bill for Banning Amalgam Reintroduced

Old January 11th 07, 11:12 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
jill999999

Default Bill for Banning Amalgam Reintroduced

Peter Bowditch wrote:
"Jan Drew" wrote:

"Peter Bowditch" wrote in message
.. .
"jill999999" wrote:

Mercury is the most toxic
element on the periodic table with the exception of plutonium

No it is not. But why should we expect any sense from you?

http://periodictable.mysterymaster.com/report.html

Some elements are toxic to us. These elements a beryllium, fluorine,
chlorine, bromine, chromium, vanadium, arsenic, bromine, antimony, iodine,
neodymium, mercury, thallium, lead, polonium, actinium, and the actinides

Nothing there about mercury being the second-most toxic element after
plutonium. Where is plutonium in that list anyway, Jan? (Please,
people who know something about chemistry - don't spoilt it by telling
her.)

By the way, Jan, stay away from sodium chloride. It's more than 60%
chlorine by weight, and, as you have pointed out, chlorine is toxic.

When you heat Na +Cl- (table salt) you get hot salt.When you heat
amalgam ,hg vaporizes off ,the other ingredients such as tin remain and
the person heating the amalgam (usually to recover the silver )is often
killed.
Lead is allowed in drinking water in concentrations several times
higher than those permitted for mercury. Why not fill children's teeth
with lead?
Mercury goes through one's body like a bull in a china shop as do
radioactive substances.Glen Seaborg,the nobel prize winning chemist and
Berkeley professor who invented plutonium thus enabling the creation of
the atomic bomb ,lived to be in his nineties.This is probably because
his lifetime exposure to plutonium was not that high. In
contrast,people with amalgam are exposed to mercury continuously and
mercury ,unlike e.g. formaldehyde bioaccumulates.In any case ,it's an
accepted fact that plutonium is the only substance more toxic than
mercury.

http://www.element-collection.com/html/faq.html

ARE THE RADIOACTIVE SAMPLES DANGEROUS? top
We take safety very seriously and have consulted both the UK Health and
Safety Executive and the UK National Radiological Protection board during
the development of the Element Collection. All the radioactive samples are
permanenty embedded in clear resin contained in sealed vessels and both the
amount of radioactive materials and level of radioactivity emitted are well
below relevant exemption thresholds under present legislation. The activity
at the surface of the most active samples is below 1 micro Sievert which is
a level commonly encountered in the basements of some houses built on
granite rocks or in the passenger compartment of a transatlantic jet. It is
not advisable to expose yourself to any unnecessary source of radiation. The
level of exposure from normal use of the Element Collection will be well
below that encountered from everyday background sources.

AREN'T SOME OF THE NON-RADIOACTIVE ELEMENTS ALSO DANGEROUS? top
Yes! Some of the more toxic elements included in the Element Collection are
beryllium, arsenic, bromine, mercury and thallium. Some of the more reactive
elements include rubidium and caesium. All the samples are of course sealed
inside glass tubes and stored inside their wooden case, however the danger
still exists that these could be broken. Where the risk is significant, the
elements have been further protected by providing a second vessel within the
tube. Wherever possible the safest form of the element has been used (solid
beryllium pieces rather than powder for example). The small size of the
samples helps to reduce risk. Clean-up instructions are provided in the
event of a spill. The Element Collection is not a toy. It should be kept in
a safe place. Children should not be allowed to handle any of the hazardous
samples (indicated in the accompanying documentation) unsupervised. When you
purchase the Element Collection you must first return a declaration stating
that you will use the product responsibly. We have produced a risk
assessment document which is available on this website.

Nothing there about mercury being the second-most toxic element after
plutonium.

Do you ever read what you post, Jan?

(If you say that the article says "Some of the more toxic elements"
and then goes on to mention mercury means something about the relative
toxicity of mercury when compared to other elements I will simply have
to respond with "Remedial reading, Jan.")

snip stuff that has nothing to do with what I wrote
--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

Old January 11th 07, 11:26 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
jill999999

Mark Probert wrote:
David Wright wrote:
In article .com,
jill999999 wrote:
jill999999 wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
jill999999 wrote:

Another reason amalgam fillings fracture teeth is that as they age
thecrystal structure brea ks down ,causing an increase in volume
despite a decrease in weight from the huge amt of hg vaporizing off.
Care to document that?
I have lots of fractured teeth. None of my teeth without fillings are
fractured.Almost everyone with amalgam has fractured teeth.

I have amalgam fillings and no fractured teeth.

By the way ,Igot well over 650 on the math SAT. I scored in the top one
% of the population.

Whoopee. I got an 800.

Of my 720 classmates, 91 got an 800. The lowest score was just under 700.

Welcome back to the SAT discussion forum. My brother got in the 400 s
on both SAT sections , has a 105 I.Q. and went to college at ASU, an
intellectual garbage can . My mother had extensive dental work using
mercury when she was pregnant with him.Both my parenmts have high I.Q.s
..My father was accepted to Harvard and graduated a top business
school.My uncle graduated Cal Tech and is a petrolium engineer. Tho
cousins went to Cal Tech. Cal Tech freshman have had the highest SAT
scores since the advent of the SAT test. Mybrother probably would have
had much higher scores if my mother did'nt have dental work while
pregnant.
As far as 91 of your classmates getting 800 on the math SAT, 91 is
around the number nationwide that got 800 so youre lying again.

Old January 12th 07, 02:31 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Mark Probert

jill999999 wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
David Wright wrote:
In article .com,
jill999999 wrote:
jill999999 wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
jill999999 wrote:

[...]

Are you trying (feebly I might add) to imply that because your mommy had
some dental work your brother is somehow intellectually inferior?
Perhaps it was the set of genes he was dealt?

.My father was accepted to Harvard and graduated a top business
school.My uncle graduated Cal Tech and is a petrolium engineer.

Would that be a petrol*e*um engineer? Is that the Berkley spelling

Tho
cousins went to Cal Tech. Cal Tech freshman have had the highest SAT
scores since the advent of the SAT test. Mybrother probably would have
had much higher scores if my mother did'nt have dental work while
pregnant.

I see, so you are making that link. Of course, you cannot prove it.

As far as 91 of your classmates getting 800 on the math SAT, 91 is
around the number nationwide that got 800 so youre lying again.

You do not even know the year, etc.

Now, tell me about your years at Berkley.....

Old January 12th 07, 11:27 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
jill999999

Mark Probert wrote:
jill999999 wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
David Wright wrote:
In article .com,
jill999999 wrote:
jill999999 wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
jill999999 wrote:

[...]

In Calif, dentists are required to post signs warning their patients
that amalgam can cause reproductive harm.Are there still dentists that
put amalgam in pregnant women?
As far as any misspellings,they usually result from accidently hitting
the wrong key. In any case, spelling is not a reflection of
intelligence.Spelling requires rote memorization rather than analylical
ability.Mercury has its greatest effect on the part of the brain
involved in memory. Maybe that's why I do much better in subjects
requiring abstract reasoning such as chemistry than in those that
require a good memory such as histology and most law school classes.I
got a 12 in chemistry on the MCATand the MCAT was the last med school
test I did well on. I got an LSAT in the top 10% of the country but
did,nt win any academic awards in law school.On the bar I did well only
on the multiple choice section since one can get the answer through
reasoning even if one does'nt remember the relevant law.

Old January 12th 07, 11:41 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
jill999999

Mark & Steven Bornfeld wrote:
Jan Drew wrote:

Do you know if those in good shape caused mercury poisioning?

Jan:
With respect--and you know we've been down this road before--I am not
going into the amalgam toxicity issue on this newsgroup again.
I understand your feelings, and respect your right to be a forceful
advocate.

When you say that you respect her "feelings" you imply that her
opinions are based on emotion rether than scientific evidence even
though there is overwhelming evidence of hg toxicity from amalgam.

Best for a joyous Holiday season,
Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com

Old January 12th 07, 11:47 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
jill999999

David Wright wrote:
In article .com,
jill999999 wrote:

David Wright wrote:
In article .com,
jill999999 wrote:

jill999999 wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
jill999999 wrote:

Another reason amalgam fillings fracture teeth is that as they age
thecrystal structure brea ks down ,causing an increase in volume
despite a decrease in weight from the huge amt of hg vaporizing off.

Care to document that?
I have lots of fractured teeth. None of my teeth without fillings are
fractured.Almost everyone with amalgam has fractured teeth.

I have amalgam fillings and no fractured teeth.

Many of the fractures are hairline fractures that are only detectable
after extraction unless they expand over time.Peter Bornfeld DDs said
that there are fractures in teeth with amalgam ,with composites and
even teeth with no fillings. He neglected to give stastics re chance of
fracture as a function of restoration.Also indirect composites are far
less likely to fracture teeth than direct composites. The chance of
fracture with amalgam is probably 100x the chance of fracture with
gold.

Not clear. The coefficients of expansion of silver and gold aren't
that far apart, though mercury's is somewhat higher. The question is
whether it's enough to make any difference.

In the relevant temperature range,i.e. the temperatures in ones mouth
gold does not expand or contract significantly,unlike mercury.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
"If George Bush were my dad, I'd be drunk in public so often that
James Baker would have me killed." -- Bill Maher on the Bush twins

Old January 13th 07, 12:46 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Clinton

Mark Probert wrote:
As far as 91 of your classmates getting 800 on the math SAT, 91 is
around the number nationwide that got 800 so youre lying again.

You do not even know the year, etc.

Now, tell me about your years at Berkley.....

Sometimes the answers to the test are wrong too.

One year for example a question was, which is greater

1/3 + 2/3 or 1

Supposedly the correct answer was they were equal but after the test a
student went to his teacher and asked what 1/3 was equal to. The
teacher said .333333333....
He then asked what 2/3 was equal to and was told .666666666...
adding 1/3 +2/3 the student got (.33333..+.66666..)=.9999 1

Old January 13th 07, 12:58 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Clinton

jill999999 wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
In Calif, dentists are required to post signs warning their patients
that amalgam can cause reproductive harm.Are there still dentists that
put amalgam in pregnant women?
As far as any misspellings,they usually result from accidently hitting
the wrong key. In any case, spelling is not a reflection of
intelligence.

It may be inversely related to it. You should also never trust a good
speller!

I knew someone whose relative had scored a perfect 1600 (on the old
SATS). Supposedly her Mom recieved a call informing her that her
daughter had scored a perfect 1600. "That can't be true" she replied,
"she can't even clean her room, it's a mess."

Spelling requires rote memorization rather than analylical
ability.Mercury has its greatest effect on the part of the brain
involved in memory. Maybe that's why I do much better in subjects
requiring abstract reasoning such as chemistry than in those that
require a good memory such as histology and most law school classes.I
got a 12 in chemistry on the MCATand the MCAT was the last med school
test I did well on. I got an LSAT in the top 10% of the country but
did,nt win any academic awards in law school.On the bar I did well only
on the multiple choice section since one can get the answer through
reasoning even if one does'nt remember the relevant law.

A lawyer, chemist and amalgam victim,...your the ADA's worst nightmare

Old January 13th 07, 03:27 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
David Wright

In article .com,
jill999999 wrote:

David Wright wrote:

Not clear. The coefficients of expansion of silver and gold aren't
that far apart, though mercury's is somewhat higher. The question is
whether it's enough to make any difference.

In the relevant temperature range,i.e. the temperatures in ones mouth
gold does not expand or contract significantly,unlike mercury.

Gee, I feel almost as if I'm letting you down when I reveal that my
amalgam fillings haven't fractured my teeth.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
Old January 13th 07, 03:28 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
David Wright

In article om,
Clinton wrote:

Mark Probert wrote:
As far as 91 of your classmates getting 800 on the math SAT, 91 is
around the number nationwide that got 800 so youre lying again.

You do not even know the year, etc.

Now, tell me about your years at Berkley.....

Sometimes the answers to the test are wrong too.

One year for example a question was, which is greater

1/3 + 2/3 or 1

Supposedly the correct answer was they were equal but after the test a
student went to his teacher and asked what 1/3 was equal to. The
teacher said .333333333....
He then asked what 2/3 was equal to and was told .666666666...
adding 1/3 +2/3 the student got (.33333..+.66666..)=.9999 1

Not so. .999.... is the same as 1, since there's no difference when
you subtract one from the other. Be wary of infinities. They don't
work like regular numbers.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net