HELPING PARENTS MANAGE THEIR RESPONSIBILITIES

Old September 18th 04, 02:23 AM
Deidre and Peter McLennan

Default HELPING PARENTS MANAGE THEIR RESPONSIBILITIES

And one part of the nightmare (in Australia) is being faced with the C$A
quote:

HELPING PARENTS MANAGE THEIR RESPONSIBILITIES

To help stigmatise it, it should really say:

Helping one parent be fully financially responsible
Helping one parent remain dependant on C$A and welfare
Helping parents maintain rage at each other
Helping one parent maintain revenge for a failed marriage
Helping one parent add huge money to the 75% divorce split
Helping C$A be THE reason NOT to change custody arrangements
Helping victims remain victims
Helping WEL have a purpose in life
Helping Taxpayers pay MORE, for single mothers than before 1989
Helping maintain devisive legislation without proposing change from within
Helping small business into bankruptcy
Helping 2nd family kids be 100 times worth less than C$A kids
Helping lower the fertility rate
Helping men to have a reason NOT to marry or have kids
Helping to swing the pendulum 100% the other way
Helping people who did not pay pre 1989 to continue not to pay
Helping people who did pay pre 1989 to pay 10 times more
Helping C$A kids maintain the same lifestyle pre break up whilst the C$A mum
has a better lifestyle (A bit to long winded, I dont think this would catch
on)
Helping Fathers to remain in debt for 18 or 25 years
Helping fathers to have a reason to commit suicide (No reason = No suicide)
Helping to hide the real cost of C$A (Penions, Newstart, Suicide, C$A staff,
C$A kids groomed for Newstart and pensions)
Helping C$A staff look for work else where, at 10 times the normal attrition
rate
Helping C$A letters be the MOST unwanted, and hated piece of paper in
letterboxes
Helping you throw your phone away, when asked "Just to confirm we are
speaking to you, what is you date of birth and address?"
Helping (Forcing) Fathers pay money they are NOT earning (COA)
Helping Fathers to sell their assets home and car to pay C$A
Helping the Ombundsman to hire more staff
Helping Australia Post to have a reason to deliver mail to Members of
Parliament
Helping to be the most devisive Government agency
Helping NOT to be what you say you are. C$A is not CSA!
Helping a good idea, CSA, to be stupidly implemented in 1989 and become C$A
Helping us to wait with bated breathe until March 2005, only to be
disappointed again
Helping Lifestyle payments be a laughing stock
Helping Fathers to continually think: ONLY IF I DIDNT MEET HER!!!!!!!
Helping DNA tests only to prove paternity, NOT to uncover decieptfull extra
marital sex.
Helping one parent become totally unemployable:

Interview:
So what can you bring to our company?

Answer: I know how to sponge off other people, the Government, and take more
than I should!...
And I can dribble, and watch Oprah.

And the kids always go on, and whine that they dont go to football, and dont
get dancing lessons, and dont go to private school, and dont get braces on
their teeth. They go on and on... but my house extension and new car are
more important!! Come on, he left me!!! Its only fair. Alright I left him,
but I left him because he made me leave him!!... Because I found a new man,
because he made me look for another man. Life is sooooo unnnfaaaaiiiiiirrr.
give me give me give me.

arrrrg - 6 more years to go and I am out of gaol!

Old September 18th 04, 02:31 PM
pdm

It's a joke isn't it !

The Australian system is so unfair most people don't believe the facts when
you tell them. Like the way CS is assessed on Gross income but paid from
Nett income. And the way that CS was introduced to stop the Government
having to pay supporting parents pension and yet the income "cap" is set to
about $50,000 higher than the limit at which Centrelink stop paying benefits
of any description.

It is a very effective means of one group of women (the first wives)
discriminating against another group of women (the second wives) who have to
work just to make ends meet. And if you do have any more children, you can
only afford to spend a fraction on them of what you pay on child support.

And the suicide rate of paying parents (due to excessive child support and a
blatently biased family law system) rivals the road toll and yet nothing has
been done about it to date.

Well there is an election coming up. Let's all hope Liberal win so that the
following review has a chance to deliver some long needed changes.

Have a look at http://www.csa.gov.au/release2.pdf

Cheers,
PDM

Old September 18th 04, 03:29 PM
Deidre and Peter McLennan

Unfortunately I dont think there will be substantial change if Liberals get
in, and next to no change if Labor gets in. Australian Election in October
2004

The C$A is a vote looser who ever takes it to an election, no matter what
their direction. Therefore neither party Labor or Liberal have the guts to
come out with policy on C$A prior to the election.

I will be voting Liberal after voting Labor all my life, ONLY because the
Liberals have tried to bring in change that Labor always blocks.

Old September 19th 04, 02:03 PM
pdm

I totally agree. We all know what a vote loser having a policy to make C$A
fair would be. And your right - the Liberals have gone where Labor would
not even contemplate and so they have my vote as well. That said the
current review has been kept very hush hush.

By change, I believe just about anything is an improvement on what we have
today. I'm not talking positive discrimination - just a system that is fair
to all parties regardless of gender.

It is fair to say that the issues of C$A and Family Law are more important
to me than all the other issues put together.

Now if we could only get more paying parents to speak up and demand action,
it may happen.

Anybody else have comments on the Australian system out there ?

Old September 20th 04, 02:29 PM
Deidre and Peter McLennan

The following link is just about C$A in Australia:

http://www.stepfamily.asn.au/cgi-bin...b=childsupport

The pleasing thing is the amount of 2nd Wives suffering under the C$A. Cant
have kids, kids are worth 10 times less, pensioner leeching of Government
and Ex.

Old September 20th 04, 03:04 PM
Deidre and Peter McLennan

Doh....
I mean that they were complaining about C$A on this web site . Not that it
is pleasing that they are suffering.