Too much activity in there, how to calm it down (delurking)

Old September 15th 03, 08:32 PM
Mo

Default Too much activity in there, how to calm it down (delurking)

I am 28 weeks along and I get frequent Braxton Hicks. I had them with my
first, so this is not a surprize. Is there something I can drink or eat
other than all the water I am drinking already that will calm the uterus
down? I get a few per hour and several per day. The baby is also very
active and seems like he or she is moving all the time, and does not get or
break or go to sleep. This also concerns me. Going to the doc this week
but would like to know if you have had any success with anything.

Thanks

Old September 17th 03, 03:23 PM
Em

"Mo" wrote in message
I am 28 weeks along and I get frequent Braxton Hicks. I had them with my
first, so this is not a surprize. Is there something I can drink or eat
other than all the water I am drinking already that will calm the uterus
down? I get a few per hour and several per day. The baby is also very
active and seems like he or she is moving all the time, and does not get

or
break or go to sleep. This also concerns me. Going to the doc this week
but would like to know if you have had any success with anything.

I have lots of Braxton-Hicks contractions as well. They started to become
fairly frequent at about 20 weeks. Before that, I had lots of crampy
feelings. People sometimes suggest drinking red raspberry leaf tea to help
"calm & tone" the uterus. I have read many things that say it is okay to
drink that tea throughout pregnancy, but other sources sometimes recommend
that you don't start that until 36 weeks. Personally, I decided to wait
until 36 weeks. Make sure you are getting enough rest and that you are
emptying your bladder as the need arises--a full bladder can trigger BH, as
can overexerting. When I felt like I was having too many BH contractions, it
helped me to make a note of the times I had them--that put it into
perspective for me about how many I was having per hour/day. I found that I
often felt like I was having several per hour, but after paying more close
attention to them and noting the time of each, it was really more like one
or two per hour (though sometimes as many as four or as few as one every 1.5
hours).

the baby moving so much. I have a very active baby as well. I don't
really mind all of the movement, but sometimes I have "calmed" him by
stroking his back when he is pushing outwards with it. The other thing to
remember is that babies move and shift positions even when they are
sleeping, so all the movement doesn't necessarily mean that the baby isn't
getting any sleep.

Best wishes with everything!

--
Em