Heroic mother has her 15th, wants more

Old May 25th 04, 03:45 PM
jitney

Default Heroic mother has her 15th, wants more

God bless this lovely woman:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...e/fifteen_kids
In this day and age of rampant self-indulgence, here is a role model
of loving self sacrifice and family joy.
Old May 25th 04, 04:30 PM
Byron Canfield

"jitney" wrote in message
om...
God bless this lovely woman:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...e/fifteen_kids
In this day and age of rampant self-indulgence, here is a role model
of loving self sacrifice and family joy.

Oh, contrairre. In a world that is already overpopulated, where there are
many children without parents, giving birth to 15 children is nothing short
of self-indulgent, selfish, and irresponsible.

--
Byron "Barn" Canfield
-----------------------------

Old May 25th 04, 06:39 PM
Jill

"Byron Canfield" wrote
Oh, contrairre. In a world that is already overpopulated, where there are
many children without parents, giving birth to 15 children is nothing

short
of self-indulgent, selfish, and irresponsible.

I think as long as someone can care for them, they can have as many kids as
they want and it's none of anyone else's business.

Jill

Old May 25th 04, 07:07 PM
Jamie Clark

"Jill" wrote in message
om...

"Byron Canfield" wrote
Oh, contrairre. In a world that is already overpopulated, where there

are
many children without parents, giving birth to 15 children is nothing

short
of self-indulgent, selfish, and irresponsible.

I think as long as someone can care for them, they can have as many kids

as
they want and it's none of anyone else's business.

Jill

I agree with Jill.

But I don't think that having her 15th child makes her any more of a role
model than any other loving parent, I don't care if it's one child, 5, or
15. I don't see why the OP wants God to Bless her, again, any more than any
of the rest of us with kids need blessing.

From the perspective of someone who has dealt with infertility and adopted,
I'd say she's been blessed by God already, 15 times over.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://home.earthlink.net/~jamielee6

Old May 25th 04, 07:11 PM
Leslie

Jamie said:

But I don't think that having her 15th child makes her any more of a role
model than any other loving parent

ITA. It's not some sort of selfless act on her part to have 15 kids; it's what
she and her husband want to do. It would be another story if they took in 15
kids with problems to raise!

I think it's great for her to have 15 kids, if she wants. Most people think
I'm some kind of superwoman for having 5! But it's all about what you want to
do, and being the best parent you can be to however many kids you are blessed
with.

Leslie

Old May 25th 04, 08:09 PM
Sophie

"Leslie" wrote in message
Jamie said:

But I don't think that having her 15th child makes her any more of a role
model than any other loving parent

ITA. It's not some sort of selfless act on her part to have 15 kids; it's

what
she and her husband want to do. It would be another story if they took in

15
kids with problems to raise!

Agreed!

I think it's great for her to have 15 kids, if she wants. Most people

think
I'm some kind of superwoman for having 5! But it's all about what you

want to
do, and being the best parent you can be to however many kids you are

blessed
with.

Leslie

Also agreed. I don't think having lots of kids makes anyone "heroic".
It's just their choice and since it's what they want they're lucky to have
that many.

Old May 25th 04, 08:24 PM
Elizabeth Reid

(jitney) wrote in message . com...
God bless this lovely woman:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...e/fifteen_kids
In this day and age of rampant self-indulgence, here is a role model
of loving self sacrifice and family joy.

I'm glad for her and all, but to my mind, you're heroic and a model
of self-sacrifice if you're taking care of fifteen abandoned and
homeless children. If you choose to have fifteen of your own,
you're just being a parent to the number of children you desire,
same as anyone else. Saying it's heroic actually makes it sound
awful - we call people heroes when they bravely do awful things.
These parents don't sound like they think having a really big
family is awful!

Beth
Old May 25th 04, 08:27 PM
Stephanie Stowe

"jitney" wrote in message
om...
God bless this lovely woman:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...e/fifteen_kids
In this day and age of rampant self-indulgence, here is a role model
of loving self sacrifice and family joy.

I am not sure how having 15 children constitutes self sacrifice. Call my
nuts.

Old May 25th 04, 08:30 PM
Circe

Stephanie Stowe wrote:
I am not sure how having 15 children constitutes self sacrifice.
Call my nuts.

You have nuts, Stephanie? What a surprise! And what would you like us to
call them? ducking and running
--
Be well, Barbara -- who just can't resist some typos!
Mom to Sin (Vernon, 2), Misery (Aurora, 4), and the Rising Son (Julian, 6)

Aurora (in the bathroom with her dad)--"It looks like an elephant, Daddy."
Me (later)--"You should feel flattered."