I need a little advice regarding child support

Old November 18th 04, 03:14 PM
P.Fritz

"Dash Ron" wrote in message
. com...

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

And you are wrong once again......I cross the border all the time without

license check

Country borders? (i.e. into Mexico or Canada)?

-Ron

Yep.......I cross into Canada frequently......and the Canadian side rarely
asks for ID.....they simply enter the plate number of the car of whoever is
driving. Coming back into the states, is about 50/50, and even then they
rarely punch up the ID's or run the passport through the computer.

Besides that, their is miles and miles of border I could cross over at
anytime without a C/I check......all you need is a boat.

Old November 18th 04, 07:30 PM
slykitten

Thanks..... Honestly, I'm not holding my breath.... I guess I just wanted to
see what kind of chances I had at getting what my son deserves in finanacial
support. His quality of life is great though because his bio dad isn't even
in the picture. We're just trying to get by.... unfortunately, I've noticed
that many of the single parents have a bit of a harder time financially than
the non-custodial parent..... Thanks though!

--
"Many have forgotten this truth, but you must not forget it.
You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
"steveb" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:30:33 -0500, "P.Fritz"
wrote:

Yes.......forget about it. Stop spending your time an energy trying to
get even/revenge/whatever against your ex and get on with your life.

She isn't trying to get revenge Paul, those are your issues, she is
trying to get child support. She says so very clearly.

In the end Sly, it amounts to the same thing tho. It is likely you
would be pouring good money after bad. Ask your lawyer how realistic
are your chances of getting anything .... take his or her advice

steveb

Old November 18th 04, 07:32 PM
slykitten

V,
I'd appreciate it! Thanks!! =)

--
"Many have forgotten this truth, but you must not forget it.
You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
~Antoine de Saint-Exupery
"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"V" wrote in message

"slykitten" wrote in message
hi,
I need a little advice on how to proceed.....
October 7th of this year there was a hearing regarding child support.

my
ex
owes it in a big way! The hearing was a "motion to show cause and
intervene." I appeared by phone because the hearing was held in my home
state and I moved to a different state. (when I say "home state" I

mean,
the
state I lived in my entire life up until I left the creep 7 years ago.)
In
some ways, I felt kinda like I got slapped across the face.... my ex
never
showed up! This was a hearing that I actually wanted him to show up
to!!!
So he's now in a heap load of trouble. He's been found in contempt of
court
and of course, we know the repercussions of that (I'm avoiding saying
certain things because this guy admitted once to "checking up" on me

via
internet.) A week later, he never appeared for a second court hearing
regarding a traffic ticket and was also found in violation and so he

has
second set of issues. He's on the run. I'm not sure what else I can do.
The
sad thing is that his precious mommy has helped him to hide from the

laws
that enforce child support. He's had his own business for a while which
"mysteriously" disappeared about 2 weeks before the hearing in October.
His
mother was listed as the "owner" and he was listed as the "lead

technical
supervisor" so we knew he had a job, he was just getting paid under the
table.
I guess that my questions are, What do I do now? Is there any way of
finding
him? Will I have to hire a private investigator? Is there a way of
tracing
him through his SSN? What if he changes his SSN? What if he's run off

someplace like Mexico or Canada? While I realize that there may not be

an
easy way of doing any of this, can someone at least offer me some ideas
on
what I could do and who I should turn to? This guy also has lots of
weapons.
My attempts at getting a restraining order has failed because the judge
took
his side when he and his precious mommy both claimed that all he does

is
"collects" guns. I'm now in a position where I have to protect myself
because the law won't do it. I feel kinda left in limbo.... So I'm open
ideas.
I'd appreciate it.

--
"Many have forgotten this truth, but you must not forget it.
You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Was there a bench warrant issued, for sure?
He will eventually be caught up with, b/c he can not cross a border
without
some sort of run on his Driver's License which , in turn, will pop up in
NCIC
as a warrant. Now is the time to contact the DA in the state which the
hearing
took place. Be persistant. Some places will extradite or bring him back

place of offense, but I am going to be quite honest: if it were murder,
they
would....child support, they usually don't. But they will call to see if
the
offending agency wants to get him or not.
No need for an attorney. I went pro se. Just email me privately and I

will
help you out.

Old November 18th 04, 07:36 PM
slykitten

Thanks....
this does help! and you're right.... he is missing out.... that's ok
though.... my young'un is in far better hands and has a great family who
loves him! his step-grandparents adore him, he loves his step-dad..... my
family is always calling or sending letters to him..... over all, I think
it's a better situation than if the guy was involved..... =)

--
"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"slykitten" wrote in message
[...]

Let the controlling state issue a bench warrant, if they will - they'll

catch up
with him the next time he tries to get a hunting/fishing license, renew

his
driver's license, or gets stopped for a traffic infraction. Meanwhile,

you can
contact the controlling CS Enforcement agency, and request Enforcement,
specifically Tax Intercepts. Request it every year.

Is there any way of finding
him? Realistically? They won't work real hard at it unless you go on

Welfare, because then the state wants their own money back.

Will I have to hire a private investigator?

You could, but it probably would cost more than it's worth.

Is there a way of tracing
him through his SSN?

Yes. CS Enforcement in the controlling state can check his earnings as

recorded
by Social Security - and they should be able to tell where he's working.

What if he changes his SSN?

Not likely - it's a gigantic issue to do that.

What if he's run off to
someplace like Mexico or Canada?

Then you're going to be out of luck unless and until he comes back, and

even
then only if there's a flag on his passport AND it's checked at the

border.
I've gone from US to Canada multiple times without ever having to show a
passport.

While I realize that there may not be an
easy way of doing any of this, can someone at least offer me some ideas

on
what I could do and who I should turn to?

Annoy the hell out of Child Support Enforcement, but do it nicely - don't

****
'em off, or they'll conveniently lose your file. Be persistant, and frame

it in
the way of asking for their help.

This guy also has lots of weapons.
My attempts at getting a restraining order has failed because the judge

took
his side when he and his precious mommy both claimed that all he does is
"collects" guns. I'm now in a position where I have to protect myself
because the law won't do it. I feel kinda left in limbo.... So I'm open

ideas.

If he's in another state, then I wouldn't worry about that one.

After turning it over to CSE and requesting the annual tax intercepts, see

if
you can get a child support lien against any property he owns - that would

be
real estate, cars - again, it won't do you a whole lotta good unless he

tries to
sell the asset, but it's better than nothing.

After that, enjoy your kid(s) - he's missing a whole lot more than you

are.

I'd appreciate it.

Old November 18th 04, 08:28 PM
steveb

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:30:24 -0700, "slykitten"
wrote:

Thanks..... Honestly, I'm not holding my breath.... I guess I just wanted to
see what kind of chances I had at getting what my son deserves in finanacial
support. His quality of life is great though because his bio dad isn't even
in the picture. We're just trying to get by.... unfortunately, I've noticed
that many of the single parents have a bit of a harder time financially than
the non-custodial parent..... Thanks though!

You're very welcome

I can't comment on the legal situation tho, although it seems you got
plenty of good advice already. I am just a Brit, visiting the US ....

steveb

..... although if it annoys Paul enough, I'll consider a permanent move
eg
Old November 19th 04, 12:59 AM
CME

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"Dash Ron" wrote in message
. com...

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

And you are wrong once again......I cross the border all the time
without

license check

Country borders? (i.e. into Mexico or Canada)?

-Ron

Yep.......I cross into Canada frequently......and the Canadian side rarely
asks for ID.....they simply enter the plate number of the car of whoever
is driving. Coming back into the states, is about 50/50, and even then
they rarely punch up the ID's or run the passport through the computer.

Besides that, their is miles and miles of border I could cross over at
anytime without a C/I check......all you need is a boat.

Even after 9/11? I haven't crossed the border since 2000 so I'm curious how
much it's changed.

Christine

Old November 19th 04, 12:59 AM
CME

wrote:

Thanks..... Honestly, I'm not holding my breath.... I guess I just wanted
see what kind of chances I had at getting what my son deserves in
finanacial
support. His quality of life is great though because his bio dad isn't
even
in the picture. We're just trying to get by.... unfortunately, I've
noticed
that many of the single parents have a bit of a harder time financially
than
the non-custodial parent..... Thanks though!

You're very welcome

I can't comment on the legal situation tho, although it seems you got
plenty of good advice already. I am just a Brit, visiting the US ....

steveb

.... although if it annoys Paul enough, I'll consider a permanent move
eg

As long as you stay out of Canada sluggo.

Christine

Old November 19th 04, 01:49 AM

"Dash Ron" wrote in message
. com...

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

And you are wrong once again......I cross the border all the time without

license check

Country borders? (i.e. into Mexico or Canada)?

-Ron

Ron:
I am speaking of country borders. They do check quite often, especially since
9/11. I had gotten a call from Canda border on a subject we had warrants on
for non support. We cut him, b/c extradiction was not feasible, per the DA.
Every single person may not be stopped, but I bet since 9/11, they have a K-9
sniffing about.

Old November 19th 04, 01:50 AM

"slykitten" wrote in message
V,
I'd appreciate it! Thanks!! =)

Any time!

Old November 19th 04, 03:52 AM
steveb

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 00:59:36 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

As long as you stay out of Canada sluggo.

with you there? go figure!