Crying at a daycare

Old June 1st 06, 07:31 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Crying at a daycare

"Workingmom" wrote in message
And I don't even know what you are talking about.

Street gangs here wear particular sets of colors to represent their
affiliation. It becomes pretty obvious that someone is a member of a gang
when they're wearing a plain red baseball cap, white tshirt, red pants and
white shoes. Now imagine about twenty or thirty kids dressed like that,
wandering around a shopping center.

A lot of people recognize the colors from exposure, cops are actively
trained to so that if say, two rival gangs run into each other at a shopping
center, the cop can get some reinforcement out and possibly defuse some
violence.

Jess

Old June 2nd 06, 07:43 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Sorry to disappoint you, but in NSW we CAN be searched without a warrant
on suspicion of carrying a weapon. Can't remember when this law was
passed, but quite recently. There was an outcry from members of youth
gangs that they were just hanging out and police came, searched them and
told them to disperse "for no reason at all" - the fact was they were
loitering and scaring passers by in a shopping centre.

Whereas if I am to take the earlier post seriously, *you* can end up amid
open
warfare and blatant drug-selling simply by moving to a poorer part of
town.
We just don't have that. Our drug lords tend to shoot each other, not
passers-by. We have had a spate of underworld killings in Melbourne --
28
murders in seven years, in a city of 3.6 million. That's what we'd call
rampant gangland violence. And while our drug problem is sizeable, you
won't
see deals going on in the street in daylight.

Depends where you are. I used to work in Footscray and Sunshine and for the
first couple of weeks I worked in each suburb, would often get asked if I
was chasin' between the station and work, until the dealers got to know my
face. Where I work now, we used to see deals going down in the car park
next door daily (until we started calling the police all the time)

Arte