Good Grief!

Old July 18th 06, 07:46 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
toto

Default Good Grief!

Focus on the Family recommends this book by Lisa Whelchel
(the actress who played Blair on The Facts of Life)

Looking at the stuff she recommends I don't understand why her
children haven't been taken away from her. What a bizarre book.
I feel really sorry for her children.

http://www.stoptherod.net/creativecorrection.html

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old July 18th 06, 01:05 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
MoJo Werkin

I believe the tripe published on this *stoptherod* site is detrimental to
children and families - won't you koo-koo's ever get a life ??

Old July 18th 06, 05:20 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
toto

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 12:05:41 GMT, "MoJo Werkin"
wrote:

I believe the tripe published on this *stoptherod* site is detrimental to
children and families - won't you koo-koo's ever get a life ??

The excerpts are directly from her book. Do you approve of
humiliating children in this way?

As we walk along together shopping, I will suddenly give them silly
commands that they must obey without arguing, such as ‘Walk backward,’
or ‘Stop and touch your toes,’ or ‘Give me a kiss.’ Occasionally I’ll
throw in a real command, like ‘Don’t touch that,’ or ‘No, you may not
have an Icee.’ My favorite curve, however, is to say no to some
reasonable request, like ‘May I go to the bathroom?’”

Would you deny a request for a child to go to the bathroom? She seems
gleeful about doing things to torture her children. Giving them
*silly commands* just to make them *obey?* This is what abusers do.

.. .

Old July 18th 06, 05:56 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
0:->

MoJo Werkin wrote:
I believe the tripe published on this *stoptherod* site is detrimental to
children and families -

In what way?

won't you koo-koo's ever get a life ??

Got one already, thanks. I am sure I don't want one like yours or this
Lisa Whelchel character.

But thanks for the offer.

0:-

"toto" wrote in message
Focus on the Family recommends this book by Lisa Whelchel
(the actress who played Blair on The Facts of Life)

Looking at the stuff she recommends I don't understand why her
children haven't been taken away from her. What a bizarre book.
I feel really sorry for her children.

http://www.stoptherod.net/creativecorrection.html

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits

contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin (or someone else)
Old July 18th 06, 05:57 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
0:->

MoJo Werkin wrote:
I believe the tripe published on this *stoptherod* site is detrimental to
children and families - won't you koo-koo's ever get a life ??

Then you support the use of baby whipping devices and instructions?

http://www.stoptherod.net/

Old July 18th 06, 06:29 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Doan

Ok, I took the time to read the excerp:

"Spanking Guidlines:
1. Never spank out of anger.
2. Send your kids to a predetermined place for correction. It will not
only give both of you time to calm down, but it will also immediately
begin the discipline, even if you need to get something out of the
oven, hang up the phone, or find a bread in whatever you are doing.
3. Talk with your child first about what he did wrong. Ask him why he
is receiving the correction. This takes the burden off you and reminds
him that Mommy or Daddy isn't being mean; he is simply needs to be
punished for his disobedience.
4. There maybe times when, after hearing your child's side of the story,
the offense doesn't warrant a spanking. It's ok to change your mind
and come up with more appropriate correction. This will also reinforce
to your children that they are being heard.
9. The majority of your corporal punishment should be accomplished by age
five and gradually dimish by age ten. It should be extremely rare
after that.
10. Always hug your child when you've finished the correction."

Does that sound like abuse to you, Dorothy?

Doan

wrote:

I believe the tripe published on this *stoptherod* site is detrimental to
children and families - won't you koo-koo's ever get a life ??

The excerpts are directly from her book. Do you approve of
humiliating children in this way?

As we walk along together shopping, I will suddenly give them silly
commands that they must obey without arguing, such as ‘Walk backward,’
or ‘Stop and touch your toes,’ or ‘Give me a kiss.’ Occasionally I’ll
throw in a real command, like ‘Don’t touch that,’ or ‘No, you may not
have an Icee.’ My favorite curve, however, is to say no to some
reasonable request, like ‘May I go to the bathroom?’”

Would you deny a request for a child to go to the bathroom? She seems
gleeful about doing things to torture her children. Giving them
*silly commands* just to make them *obey?* This is what abusers do.

.. .

Old July 18th 06, 06:55 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
MoJo Werkin

wrote:

I believe the tripe published on this *stoptherod* site is detrimental to
children and families - won't you koo-koo's ever get a life ??

The excerpts are directly from her book. Do you approve of
humiliating children in this way?

I think it's rather fascist that others run around cackling about what books
I should or should not read.

I think it's rather fascist that others run around cackling about how I
should raise my children.

I think it's rather fascist that others run around cackling about spanking
is abuse when spanking is legal in all 50 states.

I think it's rather fascist that others run around cackling about how the
laws should be changed to fit *their* definition of CA/N.

Get the point. Mind yer business biddy.

Old July 18th 06, 06:57 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
0:->

Doan wrote:
How about quoting some of the "stuff" from the book, Dorothy?
Lisa Whelchel is just another celebrity much like Britney Spears,
I wouldn't waste much time with her but stoptherod.net is not
a site that I would waste much time neither.

What's the matter, Doan. Can't stand it that Christians don't march in
lockstep to the "beat the child" drum?

R R R R R

I guess the Lawrence's would not have approved of hanging children up
and beating their bodies with objects in church, eh?

But YOU did.

0:-

Doan

Old July 18th 06, 07:01 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
0:->

Doan wrote:
Ok, I took the time to read the excerp:

"Spanking Guidlines:
1. Never spank out of anger.

Yes, children are much more impressed by cold, expressionless,
controlling beatings.

2. Send your kids to a predetermined place for correction. It will not
only give both of you time to calm down, but it will also immediately
begin the discipline, even if you need to get something out of the
oven, hang up the phone, or find a bread in whatever you are doing.

Leave them in anticipation of a beating. That's MUCH more effective.

3. Talk with your child first about what he did wrong. Ask him why he
is receiving the correction. This takes the burden off you and reminds
him that Mommy or Daddy isn't being mean; he is simply needs to be
punished for his disobedience.

Teach him to rationalize criminal assault. That's right. We don't have
enough violence in the world minimized or rationalized now.

4. There maybe times when, after hearing your child's side of the story,
the offense doesn't warrant a spanking. It's ok to change your mind
and come up with more appropriate correction. This will also reinforce
to your children that they are being heard.

But be sure to "punish."

9. The majority of your corporal punishment should be accomplished by age
five and gradually dimish by age ten. It should be extremely rare
after that.

And gone at age 18, right? BECAUSE THEN IT GOES BY THE CORRECT NAME:
"assault."

10. Always hug your child when you've finished the correction."

Won't confuse him a bit. No sir eeeeeee......

Does that sound like abuse to you, Dorothy?

Can't speak for Dorothy, but what do you think I'd say?

Doan

You are so busy propagandizing for spanking, Doan, that you lose sight
of reality. You are sick. Get over yourself.

0:-

Old July 18th 06, 08:54 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Doan

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006, 0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:
How about quoting some of the "stuff" from the book, Dorothy?
Lisa Whelchel is just another celebrity much like Britney Spears,
I wouldn't waste much time with her but stoptherod.net is not
a site that I would waste much time neither.

What's the matter, Doan. Can't stand it that Christians don't march in
lockstep to the "beat the child" drum?

No! I can't stand tasering children as young as SIX-YEAR OLDS either!

R R R R R

Hihihi!

I guess the Lawrence's would not have approved of hanging children up
and beating their bodies with objects in church, eh?

I guess they approved of tasering kids too!

But YOU did.

And you lied!

AF

0:-