Neighbor Mom Rant

Old July 11th 05, 01:13 AM
stasya

Default Neighbor Mom Rant

I recently moved so I have all new neighbors. The mom with her 3 kids
next door drives me crazy. I know that everyone has their own parenting
style, but hers seems to consist of screaming at her kids constantly.
She has a 7yo son, 5yo daughter, and 2yo son. Her daughter plays with
my 3 yo dd on occasion, she comes over to our yard or dd goes over to
hers. As far as I can tell, we don't have any problems, she tells her
kids when she doesn't want her kids to have friends over and my dd will
listen and stay in our yard. But at least an hour a day she's outside
and yelling at her kids. I've woken up from naps (I'm pregnant so I
need my naps...haha) to her yelling. Her oldest son is crying at least
once a day. Obviously I can't ask her to stop yelling, it's her way to
deal with them, it's not like she's smacking them or anything. Maybe
by the time my 3rd baby is born I'll be yelling more too, (but I doubt
it). She seems like a nice person in relations with adults, her kids
must just stress her out. It's just that she stresses ME out with her
yelling all the time. Anyway, thanks for reading,
Stasya

Old July 11th 05, 03:42 PM
Stephanie

"stasya" wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently moved so I have all new neighbors. The mom with her 3 kids
next door drives me crazy. I know that everyone has their own parenting
style, but hers seems to consist of screaming at her kids constantly.

DH used to work next to a halfway house for young mothers. He was sure that
one kids was going to grow up thinking his name was JoeGodDammit.

[...]

Not much you can do about it but insist that at your house, your rules, and
limit or eliminate your kids going over there if she is yelling at them as
well.

Old July 12th 05, 03:58 AM
toto

On 10 Jul 2005 17:13:15 -0700, "stasya" wrote:

Obviously I can't ask her to stop yelling, it's her way to
deal with them, it's not like she's smacking them or anything.

While it may seem a small thing, it partly depends on *what*
she is yelling. Yelling at kids can be worse than smacking
if it demeans them and makes them feel worthless.

It's too bad she doesn't have other ways of dealing with them
because children listen much more and are much more
cooperative if you tell them what they can do instead of what
they cannot do and if you notice and praise their good behavior
instead of yelling at them for bad behavior.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits

Just a little DH rant Tori M. Pregnancy 67 August 21st 04 03:49 AM
Nap help for 3mo? + rant Sidheag McCormack Breastfeeding 20 February 5th 04 02:55 PM
Bitter rant Andrew Single Parents 30 January 10th 04 10:13 AM
Wednesday Depression (Rant) Alison Breastfeeding 12 December 11th 03 12:09 PM