Do you regret?

Old September 1st 05, 01:32 AM
Marley1964

Default Do you regret?

Hi all,
I have 2 kids and I really regret having them.I miss out on traveling
and hearing friends without children going out and having so much
fun-while I am at home taking care of these kids.I really regret on
having them.People say how great being a parent is-I HATE it! So much I
had an hysterectomy.

Old September 1st 05, 04:16 PM
Cat

Marley1964 skrev:
Hi all,
I have 2 kids and I really regret having them.I miss out on traveling
and hearing friends without children going out and having so much
fun-while I am at home taking care of these kids.I really regret on
having them.People say how great being a parent is-I HATE it! So much I
had an hysterectomy.

How old are your kids? How old are you?

Maybe you could get out a bit while someone takes care of the kids.

It gets easier and more fun when they get older.

I regretted having no two at some points during the first year, but
don't anymore.

Tine, Denmark
Old September 1st 05, 04:53 PM
Anonymama

In article ,
Cat wrote:

Marley1964 skrev:
Hi all,
I have 2 kids and I really regret having them.I miss out on traveling
and hearing friends without children going out and having so much
fun-while I am at home taking care of these kids.I really regret on
having them.People say how great being a parent is-I HATE it! So much I
had an hysterectomy.

How old are your kids? How old are you?

Maybe you could get out a bit while someone takes care of the kids.

It gets easier and more fun when they get older.

I regretted having no two at some points during the first year, but
don't anymore.

Pssst -- you're feeding a troll (and so am I, now).
--
accompanied by TK, number two, due in April of 2006
Old September 1st 05, 05:52 PM
Cat

Anonymama skrev:
In article ,
Cat wrote:

Marley1964 skrev:

Hi all,
I have 2 kids and I really regret having them.I miss out on traveling
and hearing friends without children going out and having so much
fun-while I am at home taking care of these kids.I really regret on
having them.People say how great being a parent is-I HATE it! So much I
had an hysterectomy.

How old are your kids? How old are you?

Maybe you could get out a bit while someone takes care of the kids.

It gets easier and more fun when they get older.

I regretted having no two at some points during the first year, but
don't anymore.

Pssst -- you're feeding a troll (and so am I, now).

Thanks - I'll withdraw immediately.

Tine, Denmark
Old September 1st 05, 10:38 PM
don_tspamme

are we sure she is a troll? I checked some of her past messages on
google and it doesn't look like she is based on her posts...?

I would suggest you get 1) a babysitter and 2) some counseling - some
people are not as suited to parenthood as others (or they have a harder
time making the transition) and talking to someone may help. I think
for the sake of yourself and your kids you should try to make peace
with your choices, or at least find a way to go out with your
signifigant other once in a while and have fun while the babysitter
watches the kids... you can be a mom and have your own life too. Think
about what you really miss, and see if you can incorporate that into
your life without shortchanging your kids. It may not be as hard as you
think. Happy moms mean happy kids. So first, a babysitter and a night
out as adults - and second, talk to someone and try and figure out how
to get your life more balanced so you can be happier.

Old September 1st 05, 11:57 PM
Me Myself and I

Can DH/BF look after them and you go back to work? Does you DH know you
feel this way? Do you wish you didn't have them right this minute? If
that's the case then seriously look at fostering them out until you make a
decision about what is more important in your life. Having children doesn't
mean the end of fun, it's means just a short break till they are old enough
to have fun WITH.

Old September 2nd 05, 12:25 AM
V.

"don_tspamme" wrote in message
ups.com...
are we sure she is a troll? I checked some of her past messages on
google and it doesn't look like she is based on her posts...?

Keep looking past the first google page....she posted to
alt.arabic....subject: What is it with YOU people? That sounds pretty
trollish to me, and then this one is also pretty trollish. I mean, why post
this to m.k.p. specifically mentioning the hysterectomy (so she's obviously
not pregnant or contemplating another pregnancy) If she's not deliberately
trolling, would it make more sense to post something to misc.kids along the
lines of "help, I'm having a hard time, advice needed"?

Amy ---- feeling frustrated today at people who insist on telling me how
hard it is to raise children as soon as they see I'm pregnant. Thanks for
sharing!

Old September 2nd 05, 02:10 AM
don_tspamme

yes Amy, you may be right, but she also may be depressed and may need
to seek help.

But I also thought this forum was not an appropriate place to post her
message.

Old September 2nd 05, 09:16 AM
Andrea S

"Marley1964" wrote in message

Hi all,
I have 2 kids and I really regret having them.I miss out on traveling
and hearing friends without children going out and having so much
fun-while I am at home taking care of these kids.I really regret on
having them.People say how great being a parent is-I HATE it! So much I
had an hysterectomy.

I have almost 6.. I accepted my life would change before I had kids. I make
them part of my life.We keep 4 horses/ponies and my kids love it as it
started as my interest, now it's theirs.

My husband and I go out maybe twice a year.. we dedicate our lives to our
kids. Sure we want to travel -hell we are still waiting for our Honeymoon!
But we know that as we are in our mid twenties we will have lots of time
after they have grown up to travel, and I think we will appreciate
everything so much more.

All I can say is try to find a way of getting out the house that involves
them.

Andrea mom of 4 Boys 1 Girl and our last baby Girl due in 6 weeks!

Old September 2nd 05, 10:57 AM
Marley1964

No,I am hardly a troll.I just posted this because I want to know how
others feel. I don't trust any baby sitters in my area.Heck I have no
family members around either.My DH and I traveled all the time and zip
nothing.We have 2 girls 3 & 6.BTW-The arab post was a letting off steam
when I had my own business and they took advantage of my services at
work. We have 2 dogs and 3 cats-I love them more than my kids. Sad,but
true.I am thinking about fostering them out. My DH feels like I do.