Child Support ?'s

Old July 10th 07, 01:41 AM posted to alt.child-support
Lyn Simpkins

Default Child Support ?'s

I have 2 questions about Child support.
I live in WV but originally from Ohio.
I have had to get my Daughter on public assistance ( Medicaid card) and
they have helped me try to get child support for her as they always do
when u apply for any type of public assistance. Just recently they have
told me that the state of Ohio has declared him disabled and they can
not pursue it any further, he's no more disabled than me but that's
beside the point, Can my daughter get a check because of him being
disabled? If so, what do I have to do to get this started?
And also, If you were found to be the father of a child through DNA, is
there a thing where u can actually sign away all rights to that child
and any obligation to child support?

Old July 10th 07, 05:38 AM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

On Jul 9, 8:41 pm, (Lyn Simpkins) wrote:
I have 2 questions about Child support.
I live in WV but originally from Ohio.
I have had to get my Daughter on public assistance ( Medicaid card) and
they have helped me try to get child support for her as they always do
when u apply for any type of public assistance. Just recently they have
told me that the state of Ohio has declared him disabled and they can
not pursue it any further, he's no more disabled than me but that's
beside the point, Can my daughter get a check because of him being
disabled? If so, what do I have to do to get this started?
And also, If you were found to be the father of a child through DNA, is
there a thing where u can actually sign away all rights to that child
and any obligation to child support?

You will need to check with the social security administration about
your question for disability.
With that said, why is it that your daughter HAS to be on Medicaid?
Do you not work?
Are you disabled as well? If so, what gives you the right to harrass
someone
who is ALSO disabled...Seems you have enough money to have a computer
and internet, so I'm not sure that you are as poor as you make it out
to be
since you claim you HAVE to have your daughter on Medicaid.

Sorry to sound so harsh, but I don't get it...I am not saying that
her
father should not HELP support her, but it seems that you believe that
it's her FATHER's SOLE job to support her, even if disabled, but not
yours.
Who are you to question his disability? Ah, I know...I shouldn't
question
yours, but the fact is that you should not be questioning his
disability either...
otherwise, you open yourself up for the same questioning of you.

Old July 10th 07, 10:40 AM posted to alt.child-support
micro

On Jul 9, 11:38 pm, whatamess wrote:
[...]

Like whatamess said. Check social security. It may help. My custody
situation has changed from her having sole, then 50/50 legal/physical,
me having sole, and now she has temp. sole while I am fighting her
from moving out of state.

I have rec. food aid, lost food aid, rec. money ass. lost it,
etc......

Good Luck

http://mylesbian.blogspot.com/

Save 50% On Your Student Loans

http://clc-micro.blogspot.com/

Old July 10th 07, 07:23 PM posted to alt.child-support
Lyn Simpkins

Whatamess!
Yea, you could say that again. Actually it was just a question I had and
somehow it seems like I am "Harrassing" her father, I don't get it.
He hasn't paid a dime for her ANY!!! Not a cent! I have worked my entire
life to support her, When child support went after him that's when he
claimed disability for what ever reason. He walked out of her life 7
years ago and hasn't looked back, he can not claim we moved as we stayed
in the same house for 4 years after that. And also, I never claimed to
be "rich" or needy, but if it's your sperm then you should damn well
take care of it. Disabled or not!

Old July 10th 07, 08:18 PM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"Lyn Simpkins" wrote in message
Whatamess!
Yea, you could say that again. Actually it was just a question I had and
somehow it seems like I am "Harrassing" her father, I don't get it.
He hasn't paid a dime for her ANY!!! Not a cent! I have worked my entire
life to support her, When child support went after him that's when he
claimed disability for what ever reason. He walked out of her life 7
years ago and hasn't looked back, he can not claim we moved as we stayed
in the same house for 4 years after that. And also, I never claimed to
be "rich" or needy, but if it's your sperm then you should damn well
take care of it. Disabled or not!

You sound angry. I understand how difficult it is to support children. But
I have a few questions for you. Were you married when the child was born?
Were you in a stable relationship? How did he feel about the idea of
becoming a father? How many years did he live with you and the child before
leaving? Were you surprised when he walked away? Has he ever had
visitation, or any sort of relationship with his child? What I am going for
is whether or not he ever looked at himself as a fathr to the child, or if
he feels used--being required to take up financial responsibility for a
child that he does not get to have a relationship with. (The CS system can
make even very involved fathers feel that way)

Did you put your child on Medicaid because you do not have adequate
insurance? (Many, many people are in that sad boat--I can understand how
that might become a necessity)

A big part of what you say is that if a man provides the sperm to create a
child, he "owes" support. Have you thought that all the way through? You
did not have to become a mother when you found yourself pregnant. You could
have aborted the child. You could have dropped it off at a newborn center
after it was born, or abandoned it in the hospital. You had OPTIONS to
prevent motherhood. The man had NO OPTIONS to prevent fatherhood. Every
choice was yours, and yours alone. Imagine how you would have felt if all
your options had been taken away. Imagine the government going after you
and requiring you to put a specific amount of money in the bank every month
for the sole use of the child--whether you have the money that month or not.
How would you feel?

Now, I'm sure you cannot even begin to imagine your world without your child
in it. Why do you feel that way? Because you have years of a loving
relationship, right? She lights up your world--each new developmental step
is thrilling and wonderful.

Her father doesn't have those memories. All he has are demands for money.
Have you tried to give him these memories? Sent pictures? Told him how
she's doing in school? What activities she enjoys? It's easier to be
willing to pay money for someone you know, than for a faceless stranger--and
providing the sperm does not make "family." Relationship does. You would
like your daughter to get to know her father, right? As frustrated as you
are with the system right now, there are some steps you could take to try to
improve the situation. Good luck!

Old July 10th 07, 08:23 PM posted to alt.child-support
Relayer

On Jul 10, 1:23?pm, (Lyn Simpkins) wrote:
Whatamess!
Yea, you could say that again. Actually it was just a question I had and
somehow it seems like I am "Harrassing" her father, I don't get it.
He hasn't paid a dime for her ANY!!! Not a cent! I have worked my entire
life to support her, When child support went after him that's when he
claimed disability for what ever reason. He walked out of her life 7
years ago and hasn't looked back, he can not claim we moved as we stayed
in the same house for 4 years after that. And also, I never claimed to
be "rich" or needy, but if it's your sperm then you should damn well
take care of it. Disabled or not!

Yes, she qualifies for social security disability benefits in lieu of
child support. His children qualify for what is known as a family
benefit. You may be able to do this on your own at the local SSA
office if you know his SS number. His kids paymnet would be 1/2 of
whatever he is receivng now. It does not affect his benefits. Example,
if he gets $1000 a month, his kids split $500 (he still gets his
$1000). If there is one kid, its $500 per kid. If there are 5 kids,
it's $100 per kid (regardless of number of marriages). You need to
sign up as the "payee". You will need a copy of the court order, your
divorce decree, her birth certificate and your birth certificate. His
would help to.

This is all based on him actually receiving SSDI, which is difficult.
You say he is not really disabled but its pretty hard to fool them as
they require 3 different doctors to sign off on his medical stuff.

Old July 10th 07, 08:43 PM posted to alt.child-support
Lyn Simpkins

We have lived together for 5 years and planned this child TOGETHER, We
had an agreement before he took off for good that he may come and get
her anytime he wishes to visit her, he never showed up.
We were never married.

Old July 10th 07, 09:21 PM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"Lyn Simpkins" wrote in message
We have lived together for 5 years and planned this child TOGETHER, We
had an agreement before he took off for good that he may come and get
her anytime he wishes to visit her, he never showed up.
We were never married.

OK, that explains a lot. Did he ever live with you and the child? Did he
never have a relationship with her? Believe me, I am not putting you down.
I understand you are in a difficult position. I'm glad to hear that you did
not "accidentally" get pregnant, and expect him to foot the bill for that.

How old is your daughter now? 6? 7? Do try sending pictures and newsy
little letters. He may develop an interest in his daughter, and become a
caring father. You'd be doing it for your daughter's sake--all children are
curious about where they came from. If he never comes around, at least he
won't be able to blame it on you. I hope things work out for you--hang in
there and take care of your precious child. =c)

Old July 11th 07, 12:00 AM posted to alt.child-support
Lyn Simpkins

Yes, we lived together for 4 years and my Daughter is 10½ years old
now. I tried sending him pictures of her and to let him know what she is
doing in her life and the things that are going on with her only to have
them sent back to me unopened.

Old July 11th 07, 12:18 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"Lyn Simpkins" wrote in message
Yes, we lived together for 4 years and my Daughter is 10½ years old
now. I tried sending him pictures of her and to let him know what she is
doing in her life and the things that are going on with her only to have
them sent back to me unopened.

Now that really is sad! He sounds like a jerk. Most of the men on this
forum would love to have more opportunity to parent their own children,
rather than just being looked at as walking wallets. Does your daughter
ever ask about her father?