One time Lump sum payment for life

Old July 24th 07, 04:39 AM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

Default One time Lump sum payment for life

Facts:
1. My ex pays me $x each month on time as child support for the past 1
year.
2. My daughter is now 4.
3. He is liable to pay till she is 18 (another 14 years).
4. He never visits her. Nor does he want to.
5. Zero participation as a parent from his side.
6. He doesn't want his current wife to know he has a child in reach.
7. He has told her I moved out of the country so he is not in touch
with his daughter.....I don't know why...he has issues...if you know
what I mean. ;-)

My thoughts:
I am fed up with the situation of this scare he might pull up a new
trick on me. My daughter has started questioning me about her dad. I
can't even say daddy is busy...will come some other weekend. Because
Daddy will never show up. She doesn't even know who he is...never seen
him (except when she was an infant).

My question:
Can I propose to him that he can give me a one time lump sum payment
of child support in lieu of payments each month for next 14 years. He
would that way get rid of me (he hates me and the feeling is
mutual)...and rather pay the bank the installment. As far as financial
situation goes, he is pretty ok moneywise...that should not be a
problem. Plus can he add (I want him to) that he gives away all his
parental rights. If he doesn't have anything to do with my daughter, I
might as well have him OUT completely.

Old July 24th 07, 10:52 AM posted to alt.child-support
Relayer

On Jul 23, 10:39?pm, wrote:
[...]

I am quite sure you didnt make his life miserable in the least.

Old July 24th 07, 02:38 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

He can agree to waiving all future parental rights, though not
obligations ;-).

As far as a lump sum you and he can agree on this but...depending on
the trust level between you
regardless of what you agree to the courts can decide it doesn't
count. If you receive a lump sum at a
later time you can go back and ask to have child support re-
established. The court then decides. They way the
system works odds are you'd get child support.

Even though this group is a bit snarly (often with justification)
toward custodial parents, I don't see anything in your post about
unfairness and I'm not suggesting that you would take a lump sum and
then go back for child support.

I'm just pointing out the downside for your ex.

Don

Old July 24th 07, 03:14 PM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

........ except for the free money.

Old July 24th 07, 05:24 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

wrote in
Facts:
1. My ex pays me $x each month on time.

So what's your problem?

You probably need the lump sum to pay for "your" material needs.
What new car, a trip perhaps? What do you do when the money runs out?

It's obvious he doesn't want to have anything to do with you, move on.
Thought women were more independent than the groveling leeches they prove to
be.

Old July 24th 07, 05:26 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

wrote in

If he doesn't have anything to do with my daughter, I
might as well have him OUT completely.

Key word, "My" daughter!

BTW, he is out of your life completely, move on!

Old July 24th 07, 05:43 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"DB" wrote

wrote in

If he doesn't have anything to do with my daughter, I
might as well have him OUT completely.

Key word, "My" daughter!

BTW, he is out of your life completely, move on!

==
I'm thinking she wants paid to move on.

Old July 24th 07, 05:50 PM posted to alt.child-support
HomerS

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 20:39:05 -0700, wrote:

[...]

Only if he provides an annuity that pays out monthly until the child
reaches majority.

Old July 24th 07, 06:47 PM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

wrote in message
ups.com...

My question:
Can I propose to him that he can give me a one time lump sum payment
of child support in lieu of payments each month for next 14 years. He
would that way get rid of me (he hates me and the feeling is
mutual)...and rather pay the bank the installment. As far as financial
situation goes, he is pretty ok moneywise...that should not be a
problem. Plus can he add (I want him to) that he gives away all his
parental rights. If he doesn't have anything to do with my daughter, I
might as well have him OUT completely.

You can do this legally by reversing the concept. Determine the total
amount of CS due over the next 14 years. Deduct the amount you are willing
to take as a buy out. Send him the difference.

Old July 24th 07, 06:51 PM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

I'm not quite certain how getting the money all at once would solve the
difficulties. Would there be a mechanism that would only give you the money
at $X per month? What would happen if you decided to spend it all within
the first 3 years -how would your child be supported the next 11 years? Is
he really well enough off to be able to give you an amount that large--or
would he have to take out a loan?

You say that he has no contact with the child now--how would getting the
money all at once change anything for your child? It might change some
annoyances for you, but how would it help the child?

What if his job situation changes and he is earning 10 times what he is
earning now. Legally your child would be intitled to a portion of
that--would you really sit by and say "But we already got a lump sum so we
get none of that gravy. sigh" I know that right now you really think you
would, but it would be much harder when the money was actually available.

For me, though, the biggest issue would be what would happen if all the
money was spent, and you needed more--and I am not saying that you would
blow it on nonsense, but emergencies still happen. Legally, you could still
go after him for more money. So, there are lots of upsides for you--but,
for him, it would be a 14 year roll of the dice.

wrote in message
[...]

lump in breast? oregonchick Breastfeeding 6 August 7th 06 11:41 PM
Lump on my junk? xkatx Pregnancy 6 June 20th 06 10:48 PM
Lump on knee Welches General 6 June 12th 06 06:23 PM
lump in breast Kathy Pregnancy 0 November 24th 03 03:20 AM
Lump iphigenia Breastfeeding 9 August 13th 03 01:48 AM