WA state allowed MOLESTER Foster 45 Million dollar LAW SUIT

Old February 4th 07, 01:52 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor

Default WA state allowed MOLESTER Foster 45 Million dollar LAW SUIT

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/...tersuit01.html

$45 million claim filed against state over foster dad charged with
abuse
By VANESSA HO P-I REPORTER

Three daughters of a foster father charged with child sexual abuse
have filed a $45 million claim against Washington state, accusing
authorities of negligently letting the man be a foster parent, despite
a criminal record and numerous complaints against him.

For nearly a decade -- between 1997 and 2006 -- the state Department
of Social and Health Services received 28 allegations that Enrique
Fabregas was abusing his daughters or violating licensing rules. None
of the abuse charges was ever substantiated.

Despite the pattern of complaints, state authorities granted the
sometime waiter four separate foster licenses. They also overlooked
his long history of drug use and other crimes when they gave him his
first license in 1998.

By the time Fabregas was arrested in June, police found hundreds of
pornographic videos and pictures in his Redmond home.

According to court documents, some depicted two of his daughters in
sexual acts and poses. Others showed Fabregas dressed in false breasts
and women's underwear.

The oldest daughter told investigators that Fabregas began behaving
sexually toward her when she 13 or 14 and giving her cocaine and
having sex with her by the time she was 17.

King County prosecutors charged Fabregas with one count of possessing
child porn and three counts of sexually exploiting a minor. They have
not been able to file child rape charges, because of the statute of
limitations and the difficulty in pinpointing exactly when Fabregas
had sex with her.

"DSHS licensed, relicensed and continued to support a sexual predator
for almost a decade," said the daughters' attorney, David Moody. "It
is difficult to imagine a more bungled case."

A state spokeswoman for the agency said she cannot comment on pending
litigation.

The daughters are now 14, 18 and 21. Fabregas began caring for the
youngest daughter in 1996, after meeting her mother in a drug-
treatment program.

The complaints began soon after, when the girl, then 3, told day care
workers about her father's "bad touch." He later legally adopted the
girl.

In 1997, Fabregas began fostering two other girls, sisters Ruth and
Estera Tamas, who moved into Fabregas' home in 2001, when Ruth was 13
and Estera was 14. The Seattle P-I normally does not identify victims
of sexual assault, but the sisters told their story publicly last
year.

While Ruth and Estera lived with Fabregas, child-welfare workers
received eight sexual-abuse complaints against him. None of the claims
was sustained, mainly because the sisters repeatedly recanted, a DSHS
spokeswoman said last year.

In 2004, DSHS revoked Fabregas' license, after he refused to undergo
sexual-deviancy evaluation. The same year, the Tamas sisters also
moved elsewhere. But state social workers allowed the youngest girl to
remain in the house.

The claims, typically a precursor to a lawsuit, are asking that the
state pay $20 million for the youngest girl, $15 million for Estera
and $10 million for Ruth.

"These girls are scarred for life," Moody said. "DSHS never believed
these children, even in the face of overwhelming evidence of abuse."

Old February 4th 07, 07:18 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->

Greegor wrote:
....but failed to recall before posting this...

That many anti CPS posters to this newsgroup have repeatedly claimed
that investigations like these by CPS are unwarranted because children
lie about sexual abuse and recant:

"While Ruth and Estera lived with Fabregas, child-welfare workers
received eight sexual-abuse complaints against him. None of the claims
was sustained, mainly because the sisters repeatedly recanted, a DSHS
spokeswoman said last year."

And why, you might ask, have many of those same posters complained about
"violation of civil rights" when children are REMOVED for the
investigation process?

Well, so that the alleged perp does not have access to them to persuade
them to recant.

Kane

Old February 5th 07, 12:26 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->

Greg, did you not argue in these ngs that children are coerced by CPS
investigators to accuse parents of sexual abuse?

Was it not argued that when the children were no longer under the
influence of CSP investigators children recant because it didn't happen?

Why did you post this given your past arguments, unless you did not
argue the above?

0:-]

Old February 6th 07, 05:25 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->

Greegor wrote:
What about his criminal rap sheet they ""overlooked""?

1930's Gangster John Dekker left Alcatraz, started
a family and became a Foster parent.

Enrique Fabregas is John Dekker?

Criminals tend to hide their background if they can. Apparently he hid
his well enough.

You have proof the state of WA knew of Enrique Fabregas' background?

Did you know that one of the areas of responsibility where cutbacks take
place when funding is short is interstate BG checks, Greg?

That and cutting staff.

All your yammering about what CPS should or shouldn't do, but you are
unwilling to admit that it takes money to perform services.

As I read of these abuses of children, from whatever quarter I am
saddened and amused that you twits don't get it.

One of the themes that crops up periodically with all the stupid
righteous indignation is the call to shut CPS down, replace it from top
to bottom, refuse to hire former CPS personnel.

Okay, smart ass.

Give the state a time line.

I'd say 5 years is reasonable. There is no line of experienced and
educated social workers with master's degrees out there waiting to hop
aboard.

It will take money to attract them to works as filthy, sickening, and
dangerous as working with abusive parents and their victims, Greg.

So they will have to be educated and trained (and MSW's take a minimum
of five years and usually six, and yet still INEXPERIENCED. There IS now
way to get experience in a profession or job without doing that job.

You'll have to replace all the supervisors, managers, and
administrators, from top to bottom.

Would you say those without experience in Child Protection would be the
best choice?

From what field, Greg? Law enforcement? The Judicial system?

****yasses like you would be in jail in a big hurry with that crew.
"Social worker" thinking saved your ass, boy. Don't you forget it.

Now for the final question:

What exactly would the state do with abused children for five years?

Nothing? Just let them be abused and die?

Come on, ****ass. Get your brain trust together that makes these kinds
of suggestions. Come up with an answer, pig.

Kane