1914

Old May 19th 04, 03:41 PM
Ilse Witch

Default 1914

was the value of my hCG on monday. Too low, but still increasing. I've
been trying to find info on what hCG looks like when you have blighted
ovum. I've had that before, but they only did bloodwork after the m/c
then, so i don't know how the values looked before.

OTOH, I feel similar to when I was pregnant with DS, but they didn't do
any bloodwork back then. A blessing or a curse? We'll find out when I go
for another u/s early next week. They should see an embryo and heartbeat
then, or all bets are off.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (22m)

Old May 19th 04, 03:49 PM
Leslie

I don't know anything about the numbers, but surely it's a good sign they are
going up? I will keep praying and will look forward to hearing your news next
week.

Leslie
Old May 19th 04, 04:20 PM
Mary W.

Ilse Witch wrote:

was the value of my hCG on monday. Too low, but still increasing. I've
been trying to find info on what hCG looks like when you have blighted
ovum. I've had that before, but they only did bloodwork after the m/c
then, so i don't know how the values looked before.

OTOH, I feel similar to when I was pregnant with DS, but they didn't do
any bloodwork back then. A blessing or a curse? We'll find out when I go
for another u/s early next week. They should see an embryo and heartbeat
then, or all bets are off.

My numbers never got that high, if that helps! They were over 1000, but
I think the max I hit was 1200 or so.

Best of luck with the ultrasound.

Mary

Old May 19th 04, 04:21 PM
Dagny

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
was the value of my hCG on monday. Too low, but still increasing. I've
been trying to find info on what hCG looks like when you have blighted
ovum. I've had that before, but they only did bloodwork after the m/c
then, so i don't know how the values looked before.

OTOH, I feel similar to when I was pregnant with DS, but they didn't do
any bloodwork back then. A blessing or a curse? We'll find out when I go
for another u/s early next week. They should see an embryo and heartbeat
then, or all bets are off.

I was thinking about you this morning and wondered when we would hear.

I'm sorry it isn't great news. I hope it turns out retrospectively to be
good news after your ultrasound!

-- Dagny
Mom to Meg, 10/03
and EDD 1/19/05

Old May 19th 04, 04:49 PM
Fer

Ilse Witch wrote:
|| was the value of my hCG on monday. Too low, but still increasing.
|| I've been trying to find info on what hCG looks like when you have
|| blighted ovum. I've had that before, but they only did bloodwork
|| after the m/c then, so i don't know how the values looked before.
|| OTOH, I feel similar to when I was pregnant with DS, but they didn't
|| do any bloodwork back then. A blessing or a curse? We'll find out
|| when I go for another u/s early next week. They should see an embryo
|| and heartbeat then, or all bets are off.
|| --
|| -- I
|| mommy to DS (22m)
|| mommy to two tiny angels (28 Oct 2003 & 17 Feb 2004)
|| guardian of DH (33)

I am hoping for all the best for you at your us ((((Ilse))))))

--?

Jenn
-DS Feb'92
-DD Feb'97
-34 weeks!

Old May 19th 04, 04:56 PM
Ilse Witch

On Wed, 19 May 2004 14:49:45 +0000, Leslie wrote:

I don't know anything about the numbers, but surely it's a good sign they are
going up? I will keep praying and will look forward to hearing your news next
week.

It's completely unclear. They really should have doubled by now, and the
fact that they haven't is not a good sign.

Old May 19th 04, 04:57 PM
Ilse Witch

On Wed, 19 May 2004 11:20:53 -0400, Mary W. wrote:

My numbers never got that high, if that helps! They were over 1000, but
I think the max I hit was 1200 or so.

You mean you were pregnant and had a healthy baby with your numbers not
exceeding 1200? Did you also have low progesterone?

Unfortunately, I seem to be the kind of person suffering severly from
Murphy's law: if things can go wrong, they will go wrong. I try to stay
positive, but it's darn hard!

Old May 19th 04, 04:58 PM
Ilse Witch

On Wed, 19 May 2004 11:21:05 -0400, Dagny wrote:

I was thinking about you this morning and wondered when we would hear.

I'm sorry it isn't great news. I hope it turns out retrospectively to be
good news after your ultrasound!

Thanks Dagny, I'll keep you posted when I know more next week. And I'm
rooting for you as well that all is fine with you!

Old May 19th 04, 05:00 PM
Ilse Witch

On Wed, 19 May 2004 15:37:28 +0000, Richard wrote:

It's a good sign that it's increasing. It's the beta-hCG that makes you
"feel" pregnant, so that's a good sign, too. The u/s will tell. I hope
all is well, Ilse. You're very much in my thoughts these days.

That's good to know Richard. From what I have figured out, blighted ova
also produce hCG and it can continue to increase well into the first
trimester, but it will not increase as much as it should. So I'm not too
optimistic about a positive outcome from the u/s next week.

Oh, did you have your progesterone level checked?

Not after the first time, when it was 6.09. I keep taking my wild yam
though, it makes me feel like I'm at least doing the best I can. The
midwife ****ed me off so much by not calling me back yesterday, that I
didn't want to talk about suppositories, I just wanted my numbers...

Old May 19th 04, 05:01 PM
Ilse Witch

On Wed, 19 May 2004 15:49:58 +0000, Fer wrote:

I am hoping for all the best for you at your us ((((Ilse))))))

Thanks Jenn. I try to stay positive, but it's hard...