Why do parents keep doing this?

Old August 14th 04, 04:24 AM
Lyle Benson

Default Why do parents keep doing this?

I'm a teen-ager and since the moment I found out what happened to me I
felt angry about it. Once I found what goes on during the procedure
and what is lost, I felt sick.

I know I was robbed of something special, and I'll never know what sex
is really supposed to feel like.

Why the hell do parents keep letting their baby boys get cut even if
they know there are no real health benefits? Why? Does it matter to
them whether or not their son *wants* to be that way? Does the risk of
death, infections and disfigurement matter? Isn't the fact that there
are tons of men ****ed off about it and stuck that way for the rest of
their lives reason enough not to do it?

I'm really curios as to why. Could any parent who has or is going to
have their little boy cut clue me in?
Old August 14th 04, 08:33 AM
Briar Rabbit

Lyle Benson wrote:

I'm a teen-ager and since the moment I found out what happened to me I
felt angry about it. Once I found what goes on during the procedure
and what is lost, I felt sick.

Go away kid.

If you have a problem with your parents go and see a shrink. He will
help you through your hang-ups.

Old August 14th 04, 06:28 PM
Jake Waskett

Igor van den Hoven wrote:

See Briar's response, part of it is social conditioning: uncut =
unclean, and another part is denial.

While it's true that an uncircumcised penis isn't always unclean, the fact
remains that a) it will become unclean faster than the circumcised model,
and b) cleaning it is more involved.

The foreskin, of course, is broadly speaking a fold of skin, under which is
a warm, moist environment. The fold traps dead cells, urine, sweat, and -
significantly - bacteria. Of course, the warm, moist environment is the
perfect breeding ground for bacteria, and so they multiply, contributing to
the foul smell of smegma as they do.

Some have argued in the past that smegma is a natural product of the body,
and so cannot be unclean. I simply ask those people why they bother washing
at all.

Having none of these characteristics, the circumcised penis behaves more
like the surface of, say, your arm. Sure, cells are shed and sweat is
produced and so on, but these quickly dry and are brushed off. Naturally,
you still want to wash there, but it's less urgent.

Briar feels the same thing, but
he represses his feelings of being incomplete and keeps screaming
inside that he is normal.

Well, especially if he lives in the United States, he is normal, since the
word means "conforming to social norms". But perhaps that wasn't what you
meant.

More likely is that he simply enjoys being circumcised and is thankful for
it. I completely understand and share this viewpoint, for it is a great
improvement on the original.
Old August 15th 04, 12:28 AM
decurian

Jake Waskett wrote in message .uk...
Igor van den Hoven wrote:

Not being cut Is gross women can get hepatitis C and clamitia,but you
gay smelly foreskin men think It's great well as a women 100 percent
of white women don't want to be with a smelly dirty uncircumcised
prick. TO keep IT clean and not smelly and creamy cheese smeeling you
would have to clean It about 6 times a day .Plus most Black men smell
any way and so do their women all smelly priks& pussys wors the men
give every one desases even you fag's and closet QUEENS.Love
uncircumcised men nice and clean you don't throw up giving them
head.....ninee1959
Old August 15th 04, 01:45 AM
nooneimportant

I was in elemtary school when when they did a quick "why boys are differnet
from girls" lesson in sixth grade (like we didn't know already by then! the
difference was that girls had cooties!!) And for the boys class they went
into all the changes we could look forward to in the next few years, what
happens when.... etc. One of the things mentioned was cirumcision/intact.
Thats when i knew i was cut. I was quite shocked. It wasn't till the
internet became really widespread that i really understood what it was all
about, stumbled into foreskin resetoration quite accidentally, decided thats
what i would do. Was amazed at the response in sensitivity within just a
few short weeks, course being in high school at the time my only sexual
experience was in the one man band (wasn't circumcision supposed to prevent
that?) and "letting out some pressure" went from being good... to excellent,
like going from a small black and white TV to HDTV. Never was able to get
serious about restoring till i finished college, but having excellent
results since restarting. What the cutters keep bringing up is the same
broken record... the first thing they complain about is smell and
cleanliness... OK you do have to clean it... but it takes no more time than
cleaning a cut prick... while in the shower, just skin the foreskin back a
few times and let teh water rinse out what little smegma has accumulated
since your last shower. Then they talk about disease prevention. Fine and
dandy that a well rounded scientific study states that circumcision may
prevent HIV, and there may yet be scientific evidence of that, but lets face
it, if you are cut or uncut and boffin someine else thats HIV+ its like
playing russian roulette, any reducion in risk would be minimal, and
doubtful it will conteract the risk of complications of circumcision.
Several boys a year die from circumcision, usually a result of postop
infection, some are horribly disfigured by the "simple operation", some are
cut so badly that they get a "Gender Reassignment" and are raised as girls.
(Notice how the circ prevents such and such disease changes regularly, was
cancer until a few weeks ago) Or they are like me, and are cut so tightly
that an erection was painful (thats how i sumbled on restoration, trying to
learn about painful erection), within a few weeks my skin was stretched
enoug to finally allow a normal erection. Some people argue about the
cosmetic appeal of a cut penis, frankly i don't pay attention to how other
guy's dicks look in the shower, if someone stares at my member in its
partially covered state, they are either gay or envious. Some people argue
it as a matter of faith, and I really won't argue with that, but do think
that the rite should be a voluntary sacrifice by the recipient, virtue
without the freedom to choose that virtue is not a virtue at all. (lets
expand on that sentence on a brief tangent, As an American I have the
freedom to go to the liquor store and buy some booze, get **** faced drunk,
then get on with my life, but i choose NOT to consume alcohol, a virtue
common in my church, but the fact that i CHOOSE not to drink is what makes
it a virtue, if it was a legal prohibition it would simply be covering my
ass). The bottom line is that it is YOUR PENIS. Not anyone elses, its not
anyones right to tell you to get cut or to stay intact, or to even restore
for that matter, and anyone who focuses on making sure everyone is "Cut" is
just as guilty of having a penis fettish as they will surely accuse me of
having. I personally could care less that a person is cut or not, but i
really wish people had the simple choice to decide how they wanted to look.
I call cutters ideas bull**** as much as they call my ideas bull****, but
its YOUR penis and YOUR happiness that matters, if you like it, fine, if you
don't like it, get it cut, start restoring it, but thats YOUR choice, its
just a shame that like most american boys you did NOT get the initial choice
to begin with. Some say women don't like uncut penii..... well i'm at a
school now that has a large dutch contingent (a nation with a very very low
incidence of circumcision, and those guys don't have ANY problem getting
action if they want it, if being uncut was undesirous i suspect the
girlfriend retention incidence woudl be quite low for them! And frankly is a
girl is so damn shallow to fall in love with my penis, instead of me, i
don't want them. Long rant here, and i know its gonna draw fire, but i've
had enough. 87% of all statistics are made up on the spot 76% of the people
believe those statistics without question. Why don't you be one of the
other 24%?

om...

Old August 15th 04, 06:10 AM
Briar Rabbit

Amy wrote:
"nooneimportant" no.spam@me wrote in message

Long rant here, and i know its gonna draw fire, but i've
had enough. 87% of all statistics are made up on the spot 76% of the

people

believe those statistics without question. Why don't you be one of the
other 24%?

I promised myself I wouldn't respond to this thread, but I think this is
actually the most sensible post I've seen on the issue.

My experience is that those who promote the foreskin are shocking liars.

Sensible you say? To "be" one of the minority just to be so?

Are you also going to support those who want to legalize sex with
children ... they are also in the minority.

Are you also going to support those who believe that domestic rape is
not a crime ... they are also in the minority.

Or are you going to just jump to support those who support the foreskin
for wild psychosexual reasons?
Old August 15th 04, 11:50 AM
Igor van den Hoven

Briar Rabbit wrote in message ...

Sensible you say? To "be" one of the minority just to be so?

Actually, circumcised men are a minority worldwide. Freaky, isn't it?
Old August 15th 04, 02:05 PM
nooneimportant

My experience is that those who promote the foreskin are shocking liars.

Sensible you say? To "be" one of the minority just to be so?

Are you also going to support those who want to legalize sex with
children ... they are also in the minority.

Are you also going to support those who believe that domestic rape is
not a crime ... they are also in the minority.

Or are you going to just jump to support those who support the foreskin
for wild psychosexual reasons?

Ok... now that is just the off the wall response that i find eerily typical.
Somehow linking someones desire for intactness to pedaresty and rape.....
Frankly sexual realationships with children is downright disgusting at the
most basic level, and is rightly illegal in almost everyplace in the world,
its a terrible trauma to the child that has horrible costs in long term
health to the child. I personally have a cousin that was sexually abused as
a child by her dad, she had psychological and developmental issues her whole
life because of what that sick ******* did to her, even now, tho she had
kids of her own, and a reasonably stable home, she is constantly plauged by
what that sick son of a bitch did to her. So why in the HELL do you think
an intactist would support such an idea, we have the childs health and
integrity as a chief concern.

Lets also jump on the whole rape idea, what in the HELL does rape have to do
with circumcision? People that rape other people have something wrong in
their heads other than being whole or cut. I don't know the psychological
reasoning behind why a person commits rape so i won't jump into that, but I
am 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% sure that circumcision
or noncircumcision plays absolutely no part in the issue. (in fact i am
willing to bet that psychological scars left by childhood rape may play a
significant part in some instances!, but nowhere near all) Weather a rape
happens in a dark alleyway, or in the bed of a married couple is
insignificant, rape is rape, and is perpetuated by people that have other
issues than being cut or intact. Rape is justifiably immoral and illegal,
and has a horrible cost to victems over a lifetime.

Wild psycosexual reasons?
Look in the mirror buddy, why are you so millitant on cutting people?
Perhaps the same reason I am so millitant on letting people choose weather
they want to be cut?
Your fantasy for wanting someone cut can only be explianed by an innate
sexual desire, wow... isn't that the same accusation you make against
intactivists? Sure you bring scientific evidence that supports your belief,
and so do we, we choose to ignore your science, you choose to ignore our
science. Frankly we arent much different (and yes i know you are dying to
type "yeah but we're not ****wits" a typical response from people who don't
like to be questioned).

Old August 15th 04, 02:26 PM
Sarah Vaughan

In message , Briar Rabbit
writes
Amy wrote:
"nooneimportant" no.spam@me wrote in message

Long rant here, and i know its gonna draw fire, but i've
had enough. 87% of all statistics are made up on the spot 76% of the

people

believe those statistics without question. Why don't you be one of
the
other 24%?

I promised myself I wouldn't respond to this thread, but I think
this is
actually the most sensible post I've seen on the issue.

My experience is that those who promote the foreskin are shocking liars.

In what way?

Sensible you say? To "be" one of the minority just to be so?

No. To be one of the uncircumcised, regardless of whether that's the
minority or the majority, because it avoids unnecessary harm and
discomfort.

Are you also going to support those who want to legalize sex with
children ... they are also in the minority.

Nope.

Are you also going to support those who believe that domestic rape is
not a crime ... they are also in the minority.

Nope.

Or are you going to just jump to support those who support the foreskin
for wild psychosexual reasons?

I don't know, as I haven't heard the wild psychosexual reasons. Of
course, I've heard from several men who support keeping the foreskin
because sex is more pleasurable with a foreskin, but making sex more
pleasurable doesn't strike me as a wild reason.

All the best,

Sarah

--
"I once requested an urgent admission for a homeopath who had become depressed
and taken a massive underdose" - Phil Peverley