What Grown-Ups Understand About Child Development: A National BenchmarkSurvey

Old September 26th 06, 07:04 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking
0:->

Default What Grown-Ups Understand About Child Development: A National BenchmarkSurvey

Greg, I draw your attention to #3 on the list below.
And of course, the last one.

Why not just spank the three month old? That HAS been defended as
rational thinking.

http://www.civitas.org/grown_ups.html

.... These gaps hold real implications as to how we raise and interact
with our children. Findings include that:
1. 29% of all adults do not understand that brain development can be
impacted very early on.
2. 64% of all adults incorrectly believe that educational TV is
beneficial to intellectual development.
3. 26% of all adults incorrectly believe that a child as young as six
months will not suffer any long-term effects from witnessing violence.
4. 67% of all adults incorrectly believe that working parents cannot
develop a bond with their children as strong as stay-at-home parents.
5. 44% of parents of young children incorrectly believe picking up a
three-month-old every time he cries will spoil a child. ...

http://www.civitas.org/grown_ups.html
contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin (or someone else)
Old September 26th 06, 08:34 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking
Greegor

Kane, Since this is clearly your answer to the expert testimony
that I posted, would you explain why you did not post this in that
thread?

You do this a lot, post an answer to something in an
entirely new or unrelated thread.

That's not how your dyslexia works.

This propaganda piece is NOT research results,
not proof of anything other than people's opinions
and most certainly does NOT refute the
expert testimony you are ""answering"".

Is that why you didn't post this ""answer"" to the
expert testimony in that message thread?

The thread IS still open for posting.

Old September 26th 06, 09:17 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking
0:->

Greegor wrote:
Kane, Since this is clearly your answer to the expert testimony
that I posted, would you explain why you did not post this in that
thread?

What thread was that, Greg?

And why would I be held to a higher standard then you, Greg? 0:-

You do this a lot, post an answer to something in an
entirely new or unrelated thread.

Nope. I only just found it and did not care to wade through the mounds
of delusional **** you mistake for your thoughts.

That's not how your dyslexia works.

How would you know how my dyslexia works?

This propaganda piece is NOT research results,

It could be. Or not. It came from a survey. I did not hide that or make
claims about that being definitive research. It is what it is. Believe
it or not.

not proof of anything other than people's opinions
and most certainly does NOT refute the
expert testimony you are ""answering"".

The expert testimony, as it should be, was conflicted, or didn't you
read it all? The experts did not agree.

A court finding has a couple of things you need to think about. One, the
JUDGE IS NOT AN EXPERT IN RESEARCH, or even a researcher.

Two, the "experts" called are not the entire field of experts available,
and may have been hand picked.

After all, who picks them?

I think you need to read more in this field before presuming that your
appeal to authority on this matter resolves it now or forever.

Is that why you didn't post this ""answer"" to the
expert testimony in that message thread?

Oh, just being Greggorated, I guess.

And not wishing to waste too much of my time on such a ****ant as you.

You did notice it, right?

And you did respond, right?

Now, what arguments do you propose to refute MY claim that there are
experts in addition to the ones YOU posted about that disagree with the
court's ruling? Obviously there are some.

Do you suppose you could actually review the available research and find
factual, logical, and defensible support for a claim that there is
little evidence of damage to children by witnessing domestic violence?

It could be, Greg, that some instances don't and some instances do, and
many variables take place.

So, Greg, making a blanket statement in defense of NOT intervening based
on SOME OF IT NOT BEING HARMFUL kinds withers up and dies, now doesn't
it, when you get into the real world out of your fantasy life?

Or weren't you arguing that CPS is wrong to intervene in domestic abuse
cases?

Here, let me explain one of the thinking errors the judge made, Greg. It
might make your own long history of such acts more palatable for you.

The claim is that removal of the children CAN be damaging.

Well, I've a surprise for you...though it's been printed here in these
ngs befo ANY REMOVAL OF A CHILD FROM HOME AND FAMILY HAS HIGH
POTENTIAL FOR DAMAGE TO THE CHILD.

And not only does CPS NOT deny this, they take pains to do removals as
best they can under the circumstance to make the removal as untraumatic
as possible. THEY IN FACT ARE THE ONES THAT EXPOSED, MANY YEARS AGO,
ABOUT TEN YEARS BEFORE I WAS IN SCHOOL, this very thing.

It's been a standard part of ALL social work major curriculum for over
30 years, stupid.

So it's real real easy to claim that removal is damaging....with a bit
woo woo woo...like no one knew that.

The thread IS still open for posting.

Then carry this to the thread if you feel the need. I have the capacity
to remember the thread and respond to it in either place. How about you?

And you didn't answer my question below, notice?

Why not just spank?

0:-

Old September 26th 06, 09:23 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking
0:->

Greegor wrote:
Kane, Since this is clearly your answer to the expert testimony
that I posted, would you explain why you did not post this in that
thread?

You do this a lot, post an answer to something in an
entirely new or unrelated thread.

....snip....

Greg, everyone does this. Stop obsessing and making decisions to act on
your delusions. It will make a winner out of a loser, if you can.

0:-

contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin (or someone else)
Old September 26th 06, 10:13 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking
Greegor

Greegor wrote:
Kane, Since this is clearly your answer to the expert testimony
that I posted, would you explain why you did not post this in that
thread?

You do this a lot, post an answer to something in an
entirely new or unrelated thread.

Kane wrote
Greg, everyone does this.

Please show proof.

Kane wrote
Stop obsessing and making decisions to act on
your delusions.

What delusions, the stuff you just said everybody does?

Kane wrote
It will make a winner out of a loser, if you can.

You're all about manipulation, right Kane?

If it takes methods like that to win, I'd rather lose.

Old September 27th 06, 12:13 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking
0:->

Greegor wrote:
Greegor wrote:
Kane, Since this is clearly your answer to the expert testimony
that I posted, would you explain why you did not post this in that
thread?

You do this a lot, post an answer to something in an
entirely new or unrelated thread.

Kane wrote
Greg, everyone does this.

Please show proof.

Of the obvious? You wouldn't want to claim that everyone stays on topic
in every post would you now? Or that they don't discuss things in new
threads that relate to older other threads, now would you?

R R R R R R

Kane wrote
Stop obsessing and making decisions to act on
your delusions.

What delusions, the stuff you just said everybody does?

No, there aren't many that have your level of delusion going on, Greg. I
was speaking of just you, was I not?

What don't you comprehend about "your delusions?"
Kane wrote
It will make a winner out of a loser, if you can.

You're all about manipulation, right Kane?

Nope. I'm about calling you on your bull****, Greg.

You haven't figured it out in three years? You should have gotten a hint
when I asked about what you meant concerning the use of lethal force.

But nooooooo, you need your delusions and bull**** to function, apparently.

If it takes methods like that to win, I'd rather lose.

Methods like what, Greg? Discussing a subject previously discussed in an
older thread?

Sure sounds like a mighty crafty ploy and dangerously subversive Kane
Trickery, eh?

Like what was I hiding, Greg?

Compared to you constantly aborting the contents of prior posts when you
answer...or pretend to claim to maybe challenging?

Now there's a huckleberry, eh?

0:-

contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin (or someone else)
Old September 27th 06, 12:49 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking
0:->

Greegor wrote:
Greegor wrote:
Kane, Since this is clearly your answer to the expert testimony
that I posted, would you explain why you did not post this in that
thread?

You do this a lot, post an answer to something in an
entirely new or unrelated thread.

Kane wrote
Greg, everyone does this.

Please show proof.

Kane wrote
Stop obsessing and making decisions to act on
your delusions.

What delusions, the stuff you just said everybody does?

Kane wrote
It will make a winner out of a loser, if you can.

You're all about manipulation, right Kane?

If it takes methods like that to win, I'd rather lose.

Is that why Fern is no longer with us?

Here, for instance, is a post of her's, openning a BRAND NEW THREAD.
Apparently she is referring to something I wrote, but like YOU, little
man, she is being obtuse about what it was.

I, on the other hand, made it quite clear what comments of yours I was
referring to.

See the proof you wanted right here, boyo:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.s...d018029c2fceef
http://tinyurl.com/nzqrh

Enjoy, stupid.

"Wrong again, Kane.

It seems you are in the market for gratuitious lying.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0004/16/sm.02.html

DESCRIPTORS; PARENTAL RIGHTS, IMMIGRATION, CHILD'S BEST INTERESTS, JANET
RENO"

End of Fern's COMPLETE posted comment in the Usenet group posting.

Note that this is the FIRST POST IN A NEW THREAD, dummy.

Don't you ever learn?

Never ask me to prove something. It ALWAYS HAPPENS.

Want a couple of dozen MORE.

Fern was constantly coming from no where with nothing and expecting
people to know what IT was talking about, just like you.

0:-

contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin (or someone else)
Old September 27th 06, 01:40 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking
Greegor

Greegor wrote:
Kane, Since this is clearly your answer to the expert testimony
that I posted, would you explain why you did not post this in that
thread?

You do this a lot, post an answer to something in an
entirely new or unrelated thread.

I just created a new thread about a recent pit bull case.
I had to because the old ones are too old and closed to new posts.

Kane wrote
Greg, everyone does this.

Greg wrote
Please show proof.

Kane wrote
Stop obsessing and making decisions to act on your delusions.

Greg wrote
What delusions, the stuff you just said everybody does?

Kane wrote
It will make a winner out of a loser, if you can.

Greg wrote
You're all about manipulation, right Kane?
If it takes methods like that to win, I'd rather lose.

Kane wrote
Is that why Fern is no longer with us?

She is fighting CPS in her own way.
She sends her regards.

But I am not Fern.

Old September 27th 06, 03:17 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking
0:->

Greegor wrote:
Greegor wrote:
Kane, Since this is clearly your answer to the expert testimony
that I posted, would you explain why you did not post this in that
thread?

You do this a lot, post an answer to something in an
entirely new or unrelated thread.

I just created a new thread about a recent pit bull case.
I had to because the old ones are too old and closed to new posts.

That's nice. So? I didn't bring this up, you did. Why?

Kane wrote
Greg, everyone does this.

Greg wrote
Please show proof.

Kane wrote
Stop obsessing and making decisions to act on your delusions.

Greg wrote
What delusions, the stuff you just said everybody does?

Kane wrote
It will make a winner out of a loser, if you can.

Greg wrote
You're all about manipulation, right Kane?
If it takes methods like that to win, I'd rather lose.

Kane wrote
Is that why Fern is no longer with us?

She is fighting CPS in her own way.

Sure she is.

She sends her regards.

That's nice.

But I am not Fern.

Oh, you want "proof" of YOUR posting methods that include starting
threads on a subject that has already been covered in another thread?

Are you serious?

0:-

contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin (or someone else)
Old September 27th 06, 05:07 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking
[email protected]

Greegor wrote:
Greegor wrote:
Kane, Since this is clearly your answer to the expert testimony
that I posted, would you explain why you did not post this in that
thread?

You do this a lot, post an answer to something in an
entirely new or unrelated thread.

Kane wrote
Greg, everyone does this.

Please show proof.

Kane wrote
Stop obsessing and making decisions to act on
your delusions.

What delusions, the stuff you just said everybody does?

Kane wrote
It will make a winner out of a loser, if you can.

You're all about manipulation, right Kane?

If it takes methods like that to win, I'd rather lose.

Typical of Kane. Hihihi!

AFfromDreamLand