Thrush question?

Old July 23rd 03, 09:55 PM
MonifromMarrs

Default Thrush question?

Well I thank I probely have thrush but since I have never had it I thought I
would ask some questions. I only have pain in one breast and that same breast
has gotten red and raised rash around nipple and aerola. It hurts and burns but
is starting to get better. My DD dosnt have any symtoms no white spots in her
mouth or rash on her bottem. Could this still be thrush if it is only efecting
one breast? Or is it most likley on both breasts and with my DD too and not
showing visibile signs? I appreciate any advice or thoughts on this since I am
broke and going to the Dr before Monday is probley not going to happen. Thanks
for listening , Moni
Old July 24th 03, 09:12 AM
KC

My symptoms are different in that my baby most definitely has thrush
in her mouth. No doctor has looked at my breasts, but they are no
more red or sore than they have been for years. I think they just get
irritated from rubbing on clothes. Either that or I have had thrush
for years even while not bf, but I think it is more rare for the baby
to have the signs and not the mother.

I want to add a question to your post though and ask people how they
have successfully treated thrush. I have been giving my baby 1/4 the
recommended dose of nystatin per doctors orders for the last month and
rubbing it on my nipples after feedings, and my baby still has it in
her mouth, so I am hoping other people will have better protocals for
me to suggest to my doctor. I swear sometimes it seems I only get
proper medical care if I research things and ask for specific meds.

Thanks,

KC

Old July 24th 03, 01:09 PM
Sandra

My DS had a terrible fungal diaper rash - same organism as thrush - for
almost seven weeks. I used all the refills for nystatin the ped. had given.
The rash didn't abate until I began giving him a small dose of acidophilus
specially formulated for infants. You may wish to contact a health
professional who has been trained in homeopathy.

om...

Old July 24th 03, 03:59 PM
MonifromMarrs

KC , I know I dont have all the answers but since I started reading all I could
about thrush I have come across several posts and such that say that sometimes
immunity to nystatin and other meds happens. Maybe that is what is going on
with you? I would contact my Dr. and ask for another med. But then again I
dont know much and that is why I started asking questions. Thanks for
answering my post. Moni
Old July 25th 03, 04:57 AM
RuggyKurtz

I want to add a question to your post though and ask people how they
have successfully treated thrush. I have been giving my baby 1/4 the
recommended dose of nystatin per doctors orders for the last month and
rubbing it on my nipples after feedings, and my baby still has it in
her mouth, so I am hoping other people will have better protocals for
me to suggest to my doctor. I swear sometimes it seems I only get
proper medical care if I research things and ask for specific meds.

Thanks,

KC

The way I treated thrush for my dd and I, was I did nothing. Just boiled
everything that had come in contact with her mouth (well of course not my
nipples.., and I *always* wore breast pads. I had read about the nystatine
resistance, and couldn't getmy hands on genetian violet, so I thought why not
try this? It worked, thank goodness.

[...]

Hi Moni.
Could it be excema? Or hives? Or maybe even a heat rash?

Brandy

Thrush treatment and pain relief Usenet Fan Pregnancy 1 February 1st 04 04:12 AM
Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM