Stop bringing your children

Old August 13th 03, 12:07 PM
M.E. Mitchell

Default Stop bringing your children

Our kids like Bruce and we took all 3 of them to Giants stadium in July.
Their ages are 16, 14 and 8. We couldn't leave our youngest out! She
enjoyed the concert but was getting very tired around 10 :30 so I left with
her and we sat in the parking lot until the concert was over (my husband and
my other kids were still inside). My youngest stretched out in the backseat
of our minivan and fell asleep. There was a nice breeze so I had all the
windows open.

I knew that I would be seeing Bruce in Philly and I had just seen him twice
in the past year so I didn't mind leaving early.

And because we were with our kids we didn't drink or tailgate (the fans in
the Meadowlands were partying all afternoon-it was a Fri. show). We wanted
to show them that you can have a fun time without the drinking.

I don't have any problems bringing kids to concerts but I do think parents
have to think of their kids and leave when the kids are tired. Parents
should also curb their drinking...it distorts their perceptions (like that
their kids are exhausted and it 's time to go) and isn't a good example. We
can dance, sing and cut loose at a Bruce concert without the booze.

I feel that if parents make a decision to bring young children to a concert
then they should also be willing to leave early. If they don't want to miss
a single moment then I agree with you, hire a babysitter. If they want to
drink and party, hire a babysitter.

Mary E.

"bosstime78" wrote in message

Why are so many parents bringing their kids to these shows?? Last night

in
the GA at Philly I must have seen at least 20 kids under 12 sucking up
valuable space at the expense of their parents trying to validate their

own
musical taste on their kids. Like some 20 year old will ever recognize

"Be
true"???
How many of us went to a concert before we were 10????? Half of these

kids
fell asleep or had ear plugs in and had no clue, these seats are

deserving
of true fans, not some 10 year old who will is falling asleep while his

dad
chugs Bud and dances to "Darlington County"

I would rather see Obie eating 4 1/4lb hot dogs then some 10 year old
falling asleep during the encore.

Teenagers at concerts are fine, but leave 7yo Bratliegh and 5yo Snotliegh
at home with any other crotchfruits you might have.

Please wear a rubber or get a baysitter.

Old August 13th 03, 06:32 PM
M.E. Mitchell

You may want to notify the original poster. Sorry, I did not pay attention
to the groups he posted to.
"LeeAnne" wrote in message
please don't post this to ASCF - we are a support group for the childfree.
thank you

"M.E. Mitchell" wrote in message
Our kids like Bruce and

Old August 16th 03, 05:36 AM
R. Steve Walz

bosstime78 wrote:

wrote:

Why are so many parents bringing their kids to these shows?? Last night in
the GA at Philly I must have seen at least 20 kids under 12 sucking up
valuable space at the expense of their parents trying to validate their own
musical taste on their kids. Like some 20 year old will ever recognize "Be
true"???
How many of us went to a concert before we were 10????? Half of these kids
fell asleep or had ear plugs in and had no clue, these seats are deserving
of true fans, not some 10 year old who will is falling asleep while his dad
chugs Bud and dances to "Darlington County"

I would rather see Obie eating 4 1/4lb hot dogs then some 10 year old
falling asleep during the encore.

Teenagers at concerts are fine, but leave 7yo Bratliegh and 5yo Snotliegh
at home with any other crotchfruits you might have.

Eat **** and die, both of you asinine "childfree" ****.
Steve

DCF CT monitor finds kids *worsen* while in state custody Kane General 8 August 13th 03 07:43 AM
'Horrible' Home Kane General 1 July 16th 03 02:29 AM