vegans sentenced for baby death

Old May 15th 07, 05:47 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers[_2_]

Default vegans sentenced for baby death

Oh yikes. I paid $120 (Can) for DD2's infant seat...
I have never, ever seen these car beds. Never seen someone use them,
never saw a store sell them, and I didn't go too much in depth with it,
but a few sites that came up when I googled said they're sorry, but
delivery is unavailable to Canada.
$100 isn't too bad for a car seat/bed, I wouldn't think.

I've never seen them either, I figured they must exist, because with all the
multiples and what not there are a lot of small babies around (multiples are
often smaller for gestation but more mature), so I googled.

Anne

Old May 16th 07, 02:10 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Nikki

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
You can get infant car beds for babies under 5lbs or that have breathing
issues sitting up in a car seat. They are spendy though.

I saw this particular car seat at 100 dollars, which doesn't seem
expensive to me, I know I'm working on UK prices, but 49.99 would be
pretty much baseline price for a baby car seat of any sort, and with 2
dollars to the pound that's the same.

The one I know about is $132. I believe cosco (?) has one that is cheaper
for babies that have breathing difficulties when sitting up but only for
babies over 5lbs. The $132 one is for babies under 9lbs. I believe that
sometimes hospitals have them and rent them out or something since after
9lbs most people would get their own. I think they are relatively new
because I spent a week trying to find something about 7 years ago.

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Old May 16th 07, 05:55 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers[_2_]

The one I know about is $132. I believe cosco (?) has one that is cheaper
for babies that have breathing difficulties when sitting up but only for
babies over 5lbs. The $132 one is for babies under 9lbs. I believe
that sometimes hospitals have them and rent them out or something since
after 9lbs most people would get their own. I think they are relatively
new because I spent a week trying to find something about 7 years ago.

more and more boundaries are being pusher, smaller and earlier babies are
surviving and others are in better shape than they would have been even 7
years ago, so they are going home from hospital sooner. Hopefully in a few
years, if needed, they will be readily available whatever your location.

Anne

Old May 26th 07, 05:07 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Erin

Just in case. For the archives.

"A vegan diet is equally dangerous for weaned babies and toddlers,
who
need plenty of protein and calcium. Too often, vegans turn to soy,
which actually inhibits growth and reduces absorption of protein and
minerals. That's why health officials in Britain, Canada and other
countries express caution about soy for babies. (Not here, though -
perhaps because our farm policy is so soy-friendly.) "

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/21/op...?em&ex=1180152...