Carlye?

Old September 5th 04, 01:27 AM
Donna

Default Carlye?

Did you have your baby yet? I've been in and out for the last few weeks,
and I might have missed it. How are you doing? Hanging in there?

Donna

Old September 5th 04, 06:44 PM
Carlye

"Donna" wrote in message ...
Did you have your baby yet? I've been in and out for the last few weeks,
and I might have missed it. How are you doing? Hanging in there?

Donna

Nope, no baby yet. I started back at school three weeks ago and have
suddenly become very busy. My postings have been rather sporadic - a
hasty "congratulations" here, a panicked question posted there.

I am hanging in here. My doctor told me last week he thought the baby
would be coming "any day," but I haven't noticed any tell-tale signs
(and I still do have 2 weeks & 6 days 'til my EDD). In the meantime,
I have my good days and bad. School has proven more difficult than I
had anticipated -- everything from hauling all my books and computer
up and down flights of stairs to sitting in wooden chairs for hours on
end to being awake enough to pay attention has created a rather
frustrating situation. And, as would probably be expected, I am still
having the same (if not worse) back & foot pain and sleep problems
I've had for the last month or so.

But, nevertheless, I am remaining pretty upbeat. I am incredibly
emotional, but it's usually over happy things (e.g., just seeing
someone posted a message specifically for ME made me almost cry as I
showed DH!) and I think I have myself pretty well convinced most of
the time that the longer the baby waits to come out, the better for
all of us, and as soon as she is here, not only will I have her in my
arms, but all the pain and discomfort will begin to go away.

Anyway, thanks for thinking of me.

-Carlye
Baby girl "Afton" due 9-25-04
Old September 6th 04, 04:16 AM
Jamie Clark

"Carlye" wrote in message
om...
"Donna" wrote in message
[...]

Why, oh why, do doctors insist on telling pregnant women that? Any day now?
And almost 3 full weeks before her due date? Good lord! Neighbors of mine
accross the street were due mid June. By the first of June she had been
told by her doctor that "it could be any day now" and she and her husband
thought that the baby was basically on it's way, and could come at any
moment. They didn't make plans, they hung out, they waited with baited
breath. Geesh. Like those last few weeks aren't hard enough -- don't drag
by slow enough -- you need to walk around thinking "any day now...."

I think doctors would do women a huge favor by estimating past the due date,
and skipping the whole "any day now" speach.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://www.geocities.com/clarkadopt2004/

Old September 6th 04, 01:32 PM
Leslie

Jamie said:

I think doctors would do women a huge favor by estimating past the due date,
and skipping the whole "any day now" speach.

But that would never do, Jamie! How else are they going to get their patients
all worked up and primed for a quick induction even before their due dates?

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Old September 6th 04, 06:20 PM
Beach mum

"Leslie" wrote
Jamie said:

I think doctors would do women a huge favor by estimating past the due
date,
and skipping the whole "any day now" speach.

But that would never do, Jamie! How else are they going to get their
patients
all worked up and primed for a quick induction even before their due
dates?

Thank goodness for my midwives last time. I went in a few days before E was
born (three weeks before her due date) and we discussed induction if I went
more than one week over (I wasn't going to let them do it but I figured we
could have the discussion). She examined me and said I was a bit dilated and
effaced, but that this could mean nothing and I could still go past term.
She said not to worry about it but to make sure I was prepared for baby
since they tend to come within a few weeks of the due date plus or minus.
She then reminded me that most first time mums go overdue. G-d bless her!
Although we had E a few days later, had that not been the case she had me
ready to wait another several weeks and even beyond my due date.
--
Melissa (in Los Angeles)
Mum to Elizabeth 4/13/03

Old September 6th 04, 06:29 PM
Carlye

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message ...
"Carlye" wrote in message
om...

I am hanging in here. My doctor told me last week he thought the baby
would be coming "any day," but I haven't noticed any tell-tale signs
(and I still do have 2 weeks & 6 days 'til my EDD).

Why, oh why, do doctors insist on telling pregnant women that? Any day now?
And almost 3 full weeks before her due date?

I think doctors would do women a huge favor by estimating past the due date,
and skipping the whole "any day now" speach.

Well, and Jamie, it was even more unreasonable at the time,
considering my appointment was at the beginning of the week and I was
almost FOUR full weeks from my due date. As much as I liked the guy
earlier in the pregnancy, the fact that he has all but completely
dumped me with a resident for every single prenatal appointment since
May and only pops by to say things like "any day now" or terrify me by
telling me it felt like my baby's growth had slowed dramatically, that
she felt smaller than she should be (He estimated she wasn't even five
pounds -- she was 3 pounds accd'g to u/s at 27 weeks!) makes me no
longer so disappointed that he probably won't even try to be there for
the birth. Oh well.

-Carlye
Baby girl "Afton" due 9-25-04
Old September 6th 04, 10:03 PM
Jamie Clark

Carlye,
I love your choice of name for your soon to be born baby girl. It's very
pretty!
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://www.geocities.com/clarkadopt2004/

"Carlye" wrote in message
m...
"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
om...

Old September 7th 04, 08:52 PM
Carlye

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message ...
Carlye,
I love your choice of name for your soon to be born baby girl. It's very
pretty!
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Thanks! It seems to be one people love or hate, (MIL and FIL have
made it clear they dislike it) but I just love it. Thank you.

-Carlye
Baby girl "Afton" due 9-25-04
Old September 7th 04, 09:37 PM
Jamie Clark

Well, I did just see that Brendan Frasier's wife is named Afton, which
caught my eye as I'd recently noticed your sig line. I think it resonates
with me since my mother's maiden name is Grafton, so it has the same sound.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://www.geocities.com/clarkadopt2004/

om...

Old September 7th 04, 09:44 PM
Tori M.

"Carlye" wrote in message
om...
"Jamie Clark" wrote in message

Carlye,
I love your choice of name for your soon to be born baby girl. It's

very
pretty!
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Thanks! It seems to be one people love or hate, (MIL and FIL have
made it clear they dislike it) but I just love it. Thank you.

Our Boys Name is the same.. I guess people dislike it when you dont use the
top 10 names like everyone else.. Xavier is either a love it or hate it..

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier due 10/17/04