Screaming in the night (similar to crying in the night post)

Old August 4th 03, 05:31 PM
Sue

Default Screaming in the night (similar to crying in the night post)

Sounds like night terrors. My dd3 went through them, but she was around
three years old. I don't know if they can have them that young. I would
usually have to hold her until she calmed down, but she wasn't really awake
and coherent, but once she was calm, she could go back to sleep after a
while.
--
Sue
mom to three girls

jojo wrote in message
igy.com...
My son, now almost 11 months old, will wake up
screaming in the night.
This is unlike any crying we have ever heard during the day, It is a
blood chilling scream. It takes 5 or 10 minutes for him to even
recognize who we are and begin to calm down.
We are with him instantly (we co-sleep) when he wakes like this.

He has done this consistently from 3 months to 9 months, but
has not done it in the last 2. we thought it was something that
he would grow out of (he also got tubes in his ears 2 months ago)
but now he has no signs of ear infection, and no new teeth apparent.
And the screaming has begun again. Usually if he wakes screaming, he
will sleep poorly the rest of the night.

Has anyone else experienced this? Our pedi seems to think it is just part
of growing up...be we are beginning to worry he is having some sort of
pain in the night or even some neurological problem.

Thanks for any advice.

jojo

Old August 4th 03, 08:53 PM
Truffles

jojo wrote:

Has anyone else experienced this? Our pedi seems to think it is just part
of growing up...be we are beginning to worry he is having some sort of
pain in the night or even some neurological problem.

Sounds like night terrors. My ds has them occasionally and he has even
since he was about 5 months old. I find he has them when he is over
tired or he had too much stimulation in the day (like the 1st birthday
party).

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004