Two under two!!

Old August 3rd 06, 03:57 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Cheri Stryker

Default Two under two!!

Jamie Clark wrote:

xkatx wrote:

9 months is an eternity, especially to a 2 year old. I'd wait a while
before starting to talk about an upcoming new baby. Otherwise she's going
to think that her new baby is coming TODAY or TOMORROW, and not understand
why it's taking forever!

Heh. Mine was six, and he was kept talking to my stomach: "Come out
now!" Gotta admit, by then, I felt the same way....
--
Cheri Stryker

mom to DS1 - 7 yrs, and DS2 - 5.5 months

Check out my new breastfeeding T-shirts on CafePress!
http://www.cafepress.com/dancingbones
Old August 3rd 06, 04:05 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Cheri Stryker

Amy Austin wrote:

[snip]
3) How am I going to prepare my daughter? She's so little. She loves
babies, loves to look at pictures of other babies. In about 6 months,
should I just start telling her, "We're going to have a little baby
soon!" or what? She'll be one on August 10, so she'll be 20 months old
when the baby comes. Will she even understand what's going on?

When I was about a month or two away, I found out that the hospital had
some classes available for new parents, one of which was "sibling
celebration" - basically just a few hours to go over the requirements of
safe baby handling and care for the older sibs. We had been talking
about it and planning it extensively (my elder son was 6 at the time, so
he'd been announcing it to everyone he met), but I think it helped to
have someone else go over the "fragile baby" stuff.

Maybe your hospital offers something like that? Or a community class?

Old August 3rd 06, 04:48 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Melissa

Good luck to you. I'm in a similiar boat. My lil guy was born May 2005 and
I'm due Feb of 2007 with my next one. So I look forward to reading the

Melissa
Mom to Connor born 05/24/05

Old August 3rd 06, 07:58 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Tori M

Oh Good grief

Tori
"Linz" wrote in message
Nan wrote:
On 2 Aug 2006 13:27:03 -0600, wrote:

In misc.kids.pregnancy Nan wrote:
On 2 Aug 2006 11:49:22 -0700, "Amy Austin"
wrote:

Geez, Nan, you quote her WHOLE post to insert a 3 line response at
the end? Maybe you can trim?

Thanks,
Larry

Geez Larry, I wasn't in the mood to trim!

That's really no excuse.

Old August 3rd 06, 08:48 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Nan

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 13:58:12 -0500, "Tori M"
wrote:

Oh Good grief

Tori

wrote:

Geez, Nan, you quote her WHOLE post to insert a 3 line response at
the end? Maybe you can trim?

Thanks,
Larry

Geez Larry, I wasn't in the mood to trim!

That's really no excuse.

Ack! You're Top Posting!!!! That's a terrrrible crime, dontcha know!

Nan, not snipping because I Don't Feel Like It.

Nan
Old August 3rd 06, 11:20 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Irene

Amy Austin wrote:
Remember me? I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on August 10, 2005.
And I'm pregnant again! I just found out this morning. I'm about
four weeks along, and the baby will be due April 7, according to one of
those internet calculators.

Congratulations!

What else do I need to do? What kind of equipment do you recommend? I

have a sling and a Bjorn. Do I need a tandem stroller? Can I get
something that will attach to my current stroller (Graco), like a side
car?

Well, enter me in the no double stroller here, group. Granted, if I
had had a better double stroller, I might've had a different opinion!
(The one I had was a loaner PITA) Instead, I mainly slung the baby and
pushed the toddler. Heck, sometimes I slung the baby and pushed an
empty stroller while the toddler rode his trike or walked - but he was
2.75 yrs when dd was born, so more likely to be walking. (And I had
lots of times when I just used the sling and ds walked - but that will
likely come later for you.) If you can get your sling to work well for
you, you may not want a double stroller, esp. if you have a baby who
doesn't like strollers.

Anyhow, gotta go.

Irene

Old August 3rd 06, 11:28 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Joybelle

"Amy Austin" wrote in message
ups.com...
Remember me? I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on August 10, 2005.
And I'm pregnant again! I just found out this morning. I'm about
four weeks along, and the baby will be due April 7, according to one of
those internet calculators.

Congratulations, Amy!!! What exciting news! Of course, I remember you.
The question is, do you remember me??

I am going to have two babies under two. I am breastfeeding one, while
pregnant with the other. I may end up tandem nursing. Oh my goodness.
I'm in shock.

I have kids 7, 5, 3, and 10 months. It's been fun. I've not tandemned,
though.

We need a bigger car. We need a bigger house. We need a bigger bank
account!!! Oh my goodness.

My first baby is doing great - she's very smart, very verbal, very
curious, and is so funny! She's learning how to walk, and is going to
take off running any minute now. She has beautiful light brown, curly
hair, and brown eyes. She's the light of my life. The first few
months were rocky, but we're doing super now! I think part of the
problem was that I thought it was always going to be as hard as it was
the first 6 weeks, but now I know that it gets a lot easier and a lot
more fun.

She sounds lovely!

So here are my questions:

1) I had my first child in 3.5 hours - start to finish! I am going to
lay in supplies so that if we have an unplanned homebirth, we'll have
what we need (in other words, if I can't get to the hospital, which is
only 20 minutes away, in time, we have the stuff here). What stuff do
I need?

Is it possible to plan for a homebirth?

As for stuff that's needed if you have an unplanned one? Not too much,
really. Maybe a shower curtain and some old towels to birth on. You could
get a birth kit, but if you were to do that you might as well go for the
homebirth (or the birth in the woods..lol).

2) Any advice for someone who is about to have two under two? What
kind of preparations can I make (I'm going to do the mega menu mailer
at www.savingdinner.com!! - we'll have food put in the freezer, then).
What else do I need to do? What kind of equipment do you recommend? I
have a sling and a Bjorn. Do I need a tandem stroller? Can I get
something that will attach to my current stroller (Graco), like a side
car?

Oh, I'm just a kind of go-with-it kinda girl. I thought about freezing
food, but I never did. As for equipment, we did get a double stroller, but
it didn't get a whole lot of use. If you use your current stroller, you
could just carry the baby in the sling.

3) How am I going to prepare my daughter? She's so little. She loves
babies, loves to look at pictures of other babies. In about 6 months,
should I just start telling her, "We're going to have a little baby
soon!" or what? She'll be one on August 10, so she'll be 20 months old
when the baby comes. Will she even understand what's going on?

I didn't realize she was born on my anniversary! Or maybe I did, and I
forgot. Wouldn't surprise me. It's amazing what I can't remember these
days.

What I did with my kids is I told them is we'd be having a baby someday. I
usually told them once we told other people. When my tummy was big enough
for them to notice I'd talk to them about the baby, and I'd answer any
questions they had. Somedays they would be really excited, but most of the
time it was just a barely registering concept for them at that age. They'd
ask about "Baby?" and point. We'd have little chats.

4) Any advice for tandem nursing? What kind of nutritional
requirements do I have now that I'm pregnant and nursing? My daughter
is on solids, obviously, at one. Should I start giving her cow's milk
now? How much? I still haven't lost all of the weight from her (I
lost it, then gained a little back). I'm not skinny, not even thin,
I'm not average, actually... So, being underweight isn't a concern...
I could probably exist for the next 9 months on fat stores, if I had
to. So, what do I need to think about, now that I'm eating for
three!!

I nursed during pregnancy, but I just tried to eat well if i could keep it
down. More often than not, I just ate what I could.

Oh my God, what if it's twins? Eating for four?!? Three under two????
I feel faint... I need to go lie down!

Wouldn't that be something!

Actually, I'm just kidding, I feel great. I probably won't be around
as much as I was before, because I didn't have a toddler to chase
before, but I look forward to hearing what you all have to say about my
questions, above.

Good to "see" you all again!

Hope to see you continue posting.

--