A Parenting & kids forum. ParentingBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » ParentingBanter.com forum » alt.support » Child Support
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Request for action - Let them know you care.....



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 23rd 03, 05:00 PM
MaineGuy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Request for action - Let them know you care.....




Maine child support table do not take into account visitation expenses.
Policy Studies, Inc., the organization that prepared those tables for the
State, includes a reference to that deficiency in their report, and notes
that several other states do, in fact, take into aco**** visitation
expenses when figuring child support.


Until a few weeks ago there was a provision in Maine law that permited
(but did not require) an adjustment to be made to child support if the
non-custodial parent spends more then 30% of the time with the children.
The ultra-feminist Family Law Advisory Commission brought into the 2003
legislative session a proposed law that would eliminate that adjustment.
This will affect primarily women who are "custodial parents" - in Maine
although 27% of the single family homes are headed by men, men make up
only 8% of the child support recipients. So, this is not a "children's
bill" - this is almost strictly a women's bill.

The effect of this change in the law will push some non-custodial parents
(especially men) out of their children's lives. Those parents will be
required to pay their share of the "cost of raising children" to the
custodial parent 100% of the time - when the children may be with the
custodial parent only 60% of the time. The remaining 40% the NCP will be
required to pay twice - once in direct expenses, and once again in cash
payments to the CP. With child support running at a rate around 1/3 of
take home pay for NCPs, many NCPs will no longer be able to afford to
maintain an adequate hosusehold for their children.


You can call the office of Governor John Baldacchi at 207-287-3531 to
protest this policy which serves again to push divorced fathers out of the
lives of their children. The bad law is known as: "LD 234".
  #2  
Old June 23rd 03, 09:23 PM
Freedom
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Request for action - Let them know you care.....

Contact the Governor
I want to hear from you. Whether you have an issue involving state
government, want to share your thoughts, or offer feedback on this site,
please take the time to use one of the following methods to contact me.

Email


Mailing Address
Office of the Governor
#1 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0001
Phone
207-287-3531
207-287-6548 (TTY)

Fax
207-287-1034


"MaineGuy" wrote in message
...



Maine child support table do not take into account visitation expenses.
Policy Studies, Inc., the organization that prepared those tables for the
State, includes a reference to that deficiency in their report, and notes
that several other states do, in fact, take into aco**** visitation
expenses when figuring child support.


Until a few weeks ago there was a provision in Maine law that permited
(but did not require) an adjustment to be made to child support if the
non-custodial parent spends more then 30% of the time with the children.
The ultra-feminist Family Law Advisory Commission brought into the 2003
legislative session a proposed law that would eliminate that adjustment.
This will affect primarily women who are "custodial parents" - in Maine
although 27% of the single family homes are headed by men, men make up
only 8% of the child support recipients. So, this is not a "children's
bill" - this is almost strictly a women's bill.

The effect of this change in the law will push some non-custodial parents
(especially men) out of their children's lives. Those parents will be
required to pay their share of the "cost of raising children" to the
custodial parent 100% of the time - when the children may be with the
custodial parent only 60% of the time. The remaining 40% the NCP will be
required to pay twice - once in direct expenses, and once again in cash
payments to the CP. With child support running at a rate around 1/3 of
take home pay for NCPs, many NCPs will no longer be able to afford to
maintain an adequate hosusehold for their children.


You can call the office of Governor John Baldacchi at 207-287-3531 to
protest this policy which serves again to push divorced fathers out of the
lives of their children. The bad law is known as: "LD 234".



  #3  
Old June 23rd 03, 09:44 PM
Tracy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Request for action - Let them know you care.....

"The Dave©" wrote in message
s.com...
Would the governor of Maine even care what people outside Maine think?

Unless they're contributing to his campaign, of course.



Depends on their personal political agenda, plans, and how influential he
believes the individual is. Keep in mind that although an individual
outside of Maine may not be able to vote for them, but they could hurt a
politician with a campaign again them.


Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***



  #4  
Old June 23rd 03, 09:55 PM
The Dave©
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Request for action - Let them know you care.....

Would the governor of Maine even care what people outside Maine think?

Unless they're contributing to his campaign, of course.


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pew Commission on Children in Foster Care Releases Sweeping Recommendations to Overhaul Nation's Foster Care System wexwimpy Foster Parents 0 May 19th 04 05:50 PM
Foster care board keeps watch over Arizona children wexwimpy Foster Parents 0 March 30th 04 07:16 PM
Assessing Foster Care From the Inside wexwimpy Foster Parents 0 March 9th 04 04:46 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2018 ParentingBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.