Week 38 appointment

Old November 9th 04, 08:55 PM
Zaz

Default Week 38 appointment

Here goes.

My cervix is thinning, I am 1 cm dilated. This time, my midwife did not
make any prediction: I think she understood just by looking at me that if
she once again said "a matter of days", I would tell her off (that's what
she said the last time).

She suggested taking primrose oil and raspberry leaves tea, to make help
things start *for real*. She understands that the contractions I'm having
now are nothing much fun, and at 38 weeks and 2 days, feels there can be no
harm done in helping a bit.

I just got back from swimming and it felt really great after a two-weeks
absence (one because of my strained ligament, the other because of a tad bit
of cold I didn't want to pass to my pregnant friends). I had forgotten how
good if feel to float in a large pool of water... And since I got home,
contractions have started again. But hey, they can stop anytime, so I'm not
getting over-excited.

At least, something is happening, and I know it.

Isabelle

Old November 9th 04, 10:55 PM
Leslie

Great news, Isabelle! I hope she arrives on time or sooner. :-)

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Old November 10th 04, 01:07 AM
emilymr

I just had mine today, also -- and decided *not* to have my midwife check
my cervix since I don't want to get my hopes up!! I'm trying to convince
myself that it'll be at least another 2 weeks and to STOP THINKING ABOUT
IT! To make matters worse, I've gained another 3 pounds since last week
and feel like a beached whale. :P

Hang in there, Isabelle -- we'll get them out eventually, right?

Em
baby boy, due Nov. 18

37th week appointment Coccinella Pregnancy 4 March 3rd 04 01:52 AM
Just got back from my 30 week appointment SMK Pregnancy 4 October 4th 03 03:38 PM
35+ week ob/gyn appointment Elly Pregnancy 7 September 9th 03 11:14 PM
29 week update Linz Pregnancy 3 August 20th 03 01:29 PM
33 Week Appt--complaining, mostly! GoofeeGyrl Pregnancy 11 July 31st 03 04:12 AM