Songs with gestures

Old July 16th 03, 01:26 AM
H Schinske

Default Songs with gestures

But there must be an all-inclusive teaching
resource out there. Are kindergarten teachers born knowing these
songs?

Have you tried the library?

--Helen
Old July 17th 03, 01:56 PM
Chookie

In article ,
toto wrote:

Have you tried the library?

Actually, most teachers learn these songs from other teachers
or they go to music workshops given by various people if they
are interested in new songs.

I've never seen a video that taught finger plays, but I suppose
there could be one. Most of the teachers I know who do them
with the kids just watched other teachers do them first when they
are student teaching or observing classrooms.

Actually, our library does have some resources like this (we teach child
studies). For a parent, the best resources are probably books that contain
written instructions (mostly with names like Games/Activities for your
Toddler). However, there are tapes like Wiggerly Woo and books like Merrily
Merrily.

What about the Hokey Pokey, BTW?

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"...children should continue to be breastfed... for up to two years of age
or beyond." -- Innocenti Declaration, Florence, 1 August 1990