Anti-homeschooling

Old July 14th 03, 07:42 PM
Michelle J. Haines

Default Anti-homeschooling

In article , kayo78
@tampabay.rr.com says...
Hello
I am looking for articles, literature, or website that against
homeschooling. I want to find out some facts (or close to facts) that why we
should NOT do homeschooling. I need this for my paired-debate speech. If
anybody knows something about this issue, please let me know. I appreciate
it.

Do your own homework. You can Google and check Amazon just as easily
as the rest of us.

Michelle
Flutist

--
In my heart. By my side.
Never apart. AP with Pride!
Old July 14th 03, 08:21 PM
iphigenia

Kayo wrote:
I need this for my
paired-debate speech. If anybody knows something about this issue,
please let me know. I appreciate it.

Thanks, but having graduated means I don't have to do homework anymore.

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net

Old July 14th 03, 09:13 PM
Leah Adezio

"Kayo" wrote in message
m...
Hello
I am looking for articles, literature, or website that against
homeschooling. I want to find out some facts (or close to facts) that why

we
should NOT do homeschooling. I need this for my paired-debate speech. If
anybody knows something about this issue, please let me know. I appreciate
it.

Sorry, I don't do my own children's homework. I'm not going to do yours.

Search engines are there for a reason.

Use them.

Leah
______
In Memory of David, 11/10/61 - 5/21/03
Beloved Husband, Father, Heart's Companion

Kayo

Old July 15th 03, 01:30 AM
lizzard woman

"Kayo" wrote in message
m...
Hello
I am looking for articles, literature, or website that against
homeschooling. I want to find out some facts (or close to facts) that why

we
should NOT do homeschooling. I need this for my paired-debate speech. If
anybody knows something about this issue, please let me know. I appreciate
it.

Well I *WOULD* have helped but you provided too many details.

--
sharon, momma to savannah and willow (11/11/94)

Old July 15th 03, 02:46 AM
just me

"Kayo" wrote in message
m...
Hello
I am looking for articles, literature, or website that against
homeschooling. I want to find out some facts (or close to facts) that why

we
should NOT do homeschooling. I need this for my paired-debate speech. If
anybody knows something about this issue, please let me know. I appreciate
it.

Your request is one of the better ones I've seen for the pro side of the
argument. Product reflects the system that made it and all.

-Aula

---

Old July 15th 03, 03:25 AM
Joni Rathbun

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, dragonlady wrote:

In article ,
"Kayo" wrote:

I am not asking you to do my homework. I am trying to find some resources
that against homeschool. Don't take me wrong. I am doing my OWN homework by
MYSEFL!

Well, unless things have changed a great deal, part of the homework is
learning to find those resources. I suppose one technique is asking
someone else where it is - but you'd be better off to ask the librarian
to help you find it, because then at least you'll know what the search
looks like.

Although I may begin a search on line these days, I always end up in the
library sooner or later. Have you checked your library's card catelogue
(or whatever they call the on-line equivalent)? Look under stuff like
"educational options". Do you know how to use the Reader's Guide to
Periodic Literature? (That's another good place to start.)

Our libraries no longer subscribe to Reader's Guide because we have
moved to online periodical databases. The writer might have access
to those from home if her public library system or school library
system subscribes. We grant off site access to all of our students
and staff. Online or off, however, you are correct that periodicals
would be a good source of info on this particular topic.

Old July 15th 03, 12:11 PM
kereru

"dragonlady" wrote in message
In article ,
"Kayo" wrote:

I am not asking you to do my homework. I am trying to find some

resources
that against homeschool. Don't take me wrong. I am doing my OWN homework

by
MYSEFL!

Well, unless things have changed a great deal, part of the homework is
learning to find those resources. I suppose one technique is asking
someone else where it is - but you'd be better off to ask the librarian
to help you find it, because then at least you'll know what the search
looks like.

Although I may begin a search on line these days, I always end up in the
library sooner or later. Have you checked your library's card catelogue
(or whatever they call the on-line equivalent)? Look under stuff like
"educational options". Do you know how to use the Reader's Guide to
Periodic Literature? (That's another good place to start.) If you
want to stick to internet sites, surely you know how to use a search
engine. Try typing in "against homeschooling" -- I have no idea what
will turn up, and you'll have to evaluate the sites for usefulness, but
that's one place to begin.

Coming onto a parenting newsgroup and asking us to find the sites for
you is really no different than asking your mom or dad to find the sites
for you -- if they are helping appropriately, they might sit beside you
and walk you through it, but they won't just point!

meh

When I was at school/university asking someone who knows more than you was
considered a reasonable step in carrying out research. How do you lot know
that the OP hasn't already done a Google search, been to the library etc..
How do we know that he/she isn't just looking for more info on top of that?

Isn't asking a group of people who are guaranteed to be involved in
schooling (parents) a reasonable option? After all we try to encourage kids
to explore many avenues. Not everything is available on google.

I agree if this is all the research he/she plans to do then it is a bit
lazy, but we have no way of knowing that.

I wonder if the reaction would have been the same if the request had been
for positive homeschooling information.

Judy

Old July 15th 03, 01:04 PM
Beth Kevles

Hey, guys! Can you at least give the kid some pointers on what words
might work best on google, whether there are any sites that are more
reputable, instead of just blowing her off? Getting started on the
internet, on a brand new topic, is NOT just as easy as using a search
engine.

I'd suggest starting with the AskERIC web site. (BUt you'll have to
google to find the URL.)

--Beth Kevles