Need help with children

Old March 24th 07, 11:24 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

Default Need help with children

Can anyone help me with my 16 Months old son who doesn't want to eat.
He is an average baby and is growing very well. He can play, speak his
baby language and can walk.
Now the problem is, he doesn't want to eat. I feed him with baby foods
that I buy from the shops and the food that we prepare for ourselves
to eat. But he takes little amounts of either food. If I try to force
him to eat more he end up vomitting. Sometimes he doesn't want to chew
solid foods he prefers to eat soft foods that can be swallowed without
chewing and he drinks a lot of drinks and milk.

Old March 25th 07, 11:58 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Chookie

In article .com,
" wrote:

Can anyone help me with my 16 Months old son who doesn't want to eat.
He is an average baby and is growing very well. He can play, speak his
baby language and can walk.
Now the problem is, he doesn't want to eat. I feed him with baby foods
that I buy from the shops and the food that we prepare for ourselves
to eat. But he takes little amounts of either food. If I try to force
him to eat more he end up vomitting. Sometimes he doesn't want to chew
solid foods he prefers to eat soft foods that can be swallowed without
chewing and he drinks a lot of drinks and milk.

Are you feeding him or is he feeding himself? Just give him bits of
everything you eat and let him figure it out.

The only drinks your baby needs are water and breast milk. Sometimes parents
give their children cow's milk a lot and it fills them up so they don't eat
solid food. Could that be the problem?

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old March 25th 07, 03:20 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Morag Peers

I wouldn't worry very much. My daughter is 17 months and goes through phases
of eating everything in sight, then another phase of hardly eating anything.
If he is hungry, he will eat. You say he is growing well and meeting his
other milestones, so there's nothing to indicate a huge problem.

I don't think force feeding is ever the answer though, you don't want him to
get a complex about food or associate it with something nasty. Just keep
offering him portions of what you're eating, if he doesn't eat it then fine,
don't make a fuss. Just clear it away and make it clear there's nothing else
on offer. It also really helps to sit down and eat as a family, toddlers are
great mimics and he will want to copy what he sees the adults doing.

Morag

oups.com...