Does anybody have any useful advice on how to collect a child support debt?

Old October 12th 07, 11:57 PM posted to alt.child-support
Paula

Default Does anybody have any useful advice on how to collect a child support debt?

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 15:10:44 -0700, "DB" wrote:

"Paula" wrote in

I have stated over and over again that I do not have any sympathy for
non
custodial parents that don't pay their child support or those that
enable
them, or support them and their views. Why do you want to argue with me
when
I made this clear from the get go?

Show me one father that doesn't want involvement with their child?

I can do that ... and while they may be in a minority,
they certainly aren't non-existent.

Notice I said Father and not sperm donor?

And the difference in your definitions are?

--
"We're sculpted from youth, the chipping away makes me weary
And as for the truth it seems like we just pick a theory"
Old October 13th 07, 12:21 AM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"Paula" wrote in

Show me one father that doesn't want involvement with their child?

I can do that ... and while they may be in a minority,
they certainly aren't non-existent.

Notice I said Father and not sperm donor?

And the difference in your definitions are?

A Father wantsto be with his children, he doesn't need laws to enforce
this!!!!!!

Old October 13th 07, 12:21 AM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

Default Child-Support from the NCPs Perspective

"Paula" wrote
"Gini" wrote:

"Paula" wrote
On Oct 12, 9:47 am, "Gini" wrote:
This group is for NCPs who have
child support issues.

That's odd ... since whoever created the group described it
as "Raising children in a split family."

==
Really? When was that?

That's what Google provides as the description of the group.

==
Heh, I know. I was just entertaining you. Google did not create
alt.child-support (which has been around since at least 1990--long before
Google
Actually, that description has been around for years as well and its been
incorrect for years (which is very common for unchartered newsgroups such as
acs).
Maybe someday someone will figure out how to get it corrected. I am not a
"founding member." I've only been here since 1997, but I am one of the
longest surviving members. FYI, here's a link to the first postings to
alt.child-support, "certifying" that it *is* and always has been pertaining
to child support issues from the perspective of noncustodial parents:

http://tinyurl.com/2xp4lt

Old October 13th 07, 01:41 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

Default Offsite Crossposting to alt.child-support from FamilyKB

"Gini" wrote in message

"Shadow36" wrote

Here's a useful comment for you.. Find someone who knows about usenet and
newsgroups, and have them go to alt.child-support. There you will find
all the useless drivel thats been posted by you and your *ahem* co-horts.
Then you can ask your little family web sire why they are cross posting
to here.

===
Really. Besides, I have not agreed that FamilyKB can use my postings
and/or archive
them on their site. This is a violation of my intellectual property
rights. Looks like it's time to call the
net cops. Maybe if they have to settle a few civil claims, they'll stop
stealing information from other sites
pretending its their own..
I'm guessing that since these FamilyKB crossposters now know that they are
violating intellectual property rights
by crossposting to alt.child-support from an outside website, they'll
figure out how to set their preferences
to refrain from doing so. Of course, if they want to subscribe to
alt.child-support and post directly via usenet/Google, they
are legally free to do so.

I sent the following message to the FamilyKB.com webmaster -

I am writing to register a complaint about your web site violating its
published privacy policy. Your privacy policy states in part:

"We do not rent, sell or share your personally identifying information to
other companies or individuals, unless we have your consent, are required by
law, or have a good faith belief that access, preservation or disclosure of
such information is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or
safety of FamilyKB.com or its users."

I have never signed up for your web site. Yet you are sharing personally
identifying information about me on your web site without my consent. I
demand you remove all messages identifying me personally that you have
captured from other sources and republish on your web site and respect my
privacy by not sharing my postings and personal information.

Old October 13th 07, 02:03 AM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"Bob Whiteside" wrote

"Gini" wrote

[...]

Cool! I wonder if that applies to those of us who do not post with "proper"
names.
It really ****es me off that they do this. Too, I can find no way to prevent
my responses
to the rogue posts from showing up on their website. If I hadn't been
scouting around, I
would have never even realized they were doing this. Probably the best thing
for all of us to do is
killfile all the posts coming from that site. That would take care of it.
But still...

Old October 13th 07, 02:06 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"Illiana" u38194@uwe wrote in message news:79954690df1a0@uwe...
teachrmama wrote:
It looks like there are a lot of deadbeat supporters, enablers, and
deadbeats on this usenet group. This particular thread is not for

[quoted text clipped - 28 lines]
If anybody has advice on how to collect child support when the absent
parent doesn't pay willfully, your comments are welcomed.

Have you looked into how CSE really works? It costs money to chase true
deadbeats--it's easier to collect each month from those that would pay
anyway and "clain" to have collected from deadbeats. Then you numbers
look
really good, so the system that pays your salary is coontinually
funded--and
the real deadbeats--the ones that are never going to pay no matter what
you
do--are still out running around. You don't really think the system
cares,
do you?

Do you have any useful advice? If not, please move along. This post is not
bash custodial parents, child support orders, or the government.

I didn't bash anybody. I am simply stating the truth. Anyone who is to
difficult to track down and/or to poor to provide support is basically
ignored by the system. That is absolute fact. Years ago, NCPs were ordered
to send their payments directly to the CP. Wage garnishment was saved for
those recalcitrant few who refused to pay. Now every court order (at least
in my state) is done by wage garnishment. And the system claims to have
collected from all the deadbeats to the tune of however much they collect
through garnishment--even if the person would have paid anyway. I kid you
not.

My sister has a stepson who has fathered at leat 5 children--he has never
had a CS judgement against him, becuase he does not work--the women he
sleeps with support him. The system doesn't bother with him because it
would be a waste of time and money--a d*mn shame, because all the mothers
live on public moneys.

I am not trying to be negative, but the system is unfair to many NCPs, but
it is also unfair to many CPs. That's just the way it is.

Old October 13th 07, 02:08 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"Illiana" u38194@uwe wrote in message news:7995ed6a940f7@uwe...
DB wrote:
"Illiana" u38194@uwe wrote in

Do you have any useful advice?

I was convicted for not having enough money to pay the child support they
wanted!
The mother did not receive the money she was looking for.

Best advice, get yourself a job and don't depend on the government for
anything.

I don't depend on the government, I am sorry you have to. I do work. Do
you
have any advice on how to collect my child support?

Do you know where the father is? Do you communicate with him? Does he see
his child? Do you send pictures, ;etters, homemade cards from child to
father? Very often a healthy relationship with his child is the best way to
get a father to contribute to his child's support needs.

Old October 13th 07, 02:17 AM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"teachrmama" wrote in

I don't depend on the government, I am sorry you have to. I do work. Do
you
have any advice on how to collect my child support?

Do you know where the father is? Do you communicate with him? Does he
see his child? Do you send pictures, ;etters, homemade cards from child
to father? Very often a healthy relationship with his child is the best
way to get a father to contribute to his child's support needs.

That's not important, she just wants money!

Old October 13th 07, 02:40 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"Illiana" u38194@uwe wrote in message news:79967be2beb24@uwe...
Gini wrote:
It looks like there are a lot of deadbeat supporters, enablers, and
deadbeats on this usenet group. This particular thread is not for

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
please
move along.

==
I was here first :-)
==
I will not play into your attempts to change the subject.

==
LOL, then I guess you are finished here. This group is for NCPs who have
child support issues. I
guess you're new to usenet. You might want to educate yourself on usenet
etiquette before
barging into a group you know nothing about and making a total fool of
yourself. BTW, why did you
have kids you can't afford? If you didn't want to take care of them, you
should have put them up for
adoption. Why don't you quit whining about how hard you have it and make
yourself more employable?

It is a parenting group (Group Name Parenting Parenting),

I'm certainly not posting to that group--your posts are coming to the group
I am posting to.

Old October 13th 07, 02:44 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"Illiana" u38194@uwe wrote in message news:79973dfb6e943@uwe...
Gini wrote:
"Illiana" u38194@uwe wrote

It is a parenting group (Group Name Parenting Parenting),

==
No. No it isn't--You are crossposting from a parenting forum.
alt.child-support, which is a USENET group
dealing with child support issues of NCPs, and it is not connected with
YOUR
parenting forum.
==
not strictly for
NCP's who don't want to help out the CP's they have kids with, and you
do
not

[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
will
take a hint, and go where others fell the way you do

==
Lady, you are the one crossposting to OUR group! Get a clue and learn the
proper way
to post on YOUR forum without crossposting your crap to us.

If your group is about child support then that is quite possible, but it
doesn't mean you have a monopoly on the group, or the right to change a
topic,
let alone be as rude and nasty as you are being! IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY
HELPFUL ADVIDE TO GIVE JUST MOVE ON.

The problem is that you seem to be the interpreter of what is and is not
helpful advice. Why do you feel the need to exercise such power over total
strangers whose issues you pour contempt on and don't even try to
understand?