Does anybody have any useful advice on how to collect a child support debt?

Old October 13th 07, 02:53 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

Default Offsite Crossposting to alt.child-support from FamilyKB

"Gini" wrote in message

"Bob Whiteside" wrote

"Gini" wrote

"Shadow36" wrote

Here's a useful comment for you.. Find someone who knows about usenet
and newsgroups, and have them go to alt.child-support. There you will
find all the useless drivel thats been posted by you and your *ahem*
co-horts. Then you can ask your little family web sire why they are
cross posting to here.
===
Really. Besides, I have not agreed that FamilyKB can use my postings
and/or archive
them on their site. This is a violation of my intellectual property
rights. Looks like it's time to call the
net cops. Maybe if they have to settle a few civil claims, they'll stop
stealing information from other sites
pretending its their own..
I'm guessing that since these FamilyKB crossposters now know that they
are violating intellectual property rights
by crossposting to alt.child-support from an outside website, they'll
figure out how to set their preferences
to refrain from doing so. Of course, if they want to subscribe to
alt.child-support and post directly via usenet/Google, they
are legally free to do so.

I sent the following message to the FamilyKB.com webmaster -

I am writing to register a complaint about your web site violating its
published privacy policy. Your privacy policy states in part:

"We do not rent, sell or share your personally identifying information to
other companies or individuals, unless we have your consent, are required
by law, or have a good faith belief that access, preservation or
disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to protect the
rights, property or safety of FamilyKB.com or its users."

I have never signed up for your web site. Yet you are sharing personally
identifying information about me on your web site without my consent. I
demand you remove all messages identifying me personally that you have
captured from other sources and republish on your web site and respect my
privacy by not sharing my postings and personal information.

==
Cool! I wonder if that applies to those of us who do not post with
"proper" names.
It really ****es me off that they do this. Too, I can find no way to
prevent my responses
to the rogue posts from showing up on their website. If I hadn't been
scouting around, I
would have never even realized they were doing this. Probably the best
thing for all of us to do is
killfile all the posts coming from that site. That would take care of it.
But still...

This message is being posted from alt.child-support and is intended for the
exclusive use by and communication with users of alt.child-support. Any use
or re-publication of this message is strictly prohibited without my written
consent.

Your comment above is already on their web site. They are just pulling
posting from this usegroup over to their web site to generate discussion
group traffic they can't generate on their own. The real issue is they have
a one-way privacy policy regarding their own site's posters and their
posting. But they do nothing to enforce their policy the other way when
they pull content from other locations on the Internet from unsuspecting
posters to other forums who have never given them consent to use their
comments.

It's not hard to file a complaint. Go to www.familykb.com and click on
Contact Us.

There are other privacy policy issues too that some others here might raise.
Anyone who has been called a name, or referred to with a derogatory term, or
been subjected to profanity can also complain to the webmaster.

Old October 13th 07, 03:07 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message

"Gini" wrote in message

[...]

I just tried to respond to my own posting over on FamilyKB.com. Here is
what I got:

"You are accessing this site in a read-only mode. For full access to all
member benefits, including message posting, please login or register.
Registration is completely free, simple, and takes only a few seconds."

This is more proof this web site has a one-way privacy policy. I can
respond here and they can steal my response, but they won't let me respond
over there on their web site to my own words without being a member. Their
privacy policy is a JOKE.

Old October 13th 07, 03:32 AM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"Bob Whiteside" wrote

[...]

Here's Google's policy:

4. Use of Materials

The content within the Service is protected by copyright and other laws in
both the United States and elsewhere. The Service includes both content
owned or controlled by Google as well as content owned or controlled by
third parties and licensed to Google (collectively, the "Materials").

Google authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the Materials
solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not sell or modify the
Materials or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise
use the Materials in any way for any public or commercial purpose without
the written permission of Google. Special rules may apply to the use of
certain software and other items provided via the Services, and are noted
where appropriate.

So...They either have written permission from Google, or they're doing it
illegally.

Old October 13th 07, 03:34 AM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"Gini" wrote in message

[...]

ugh What a bunch o' crap. I'm going to filter them out.

Old October 13th 07, 03:58 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"Gini" wrote in message

"Bob Whiteside" wrote

[...]

Hey, FamilyKB webmaster! Which is it? Are you interested in a legal
challenge to your little henhouse chat room? Want to test the legality of
what you are doing? Do you have deep pockets? Why not just cease and
desist and leave us posters to alt.child-support alone?

Old October 13th 07, 05:41 AM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"Gini" wrote in

ugh What a bunch o' crap. I'm going to filter them out.

Many people already have!

I see she has a whopping total of 3 people that have signed her petition to
put all the dead beats in jail! LOL

----------------
If we make it harder on the non-custodial parents instead of the custodial
parents it would save the courts and child support enforcement agencies alot
of time and money. However when we just let these deadbeats get away with it
time and time again they learn nothing happens to them so they dont care. So
start enforcing these laws - start putting these bums in jail - make it hard
on them stop playing games with them - these are kids we are trying to
feed - we are not playing make believe - we are trying to raise real kids,
not babydolls. Enforce this law in all counties of Maryland. I live in Anne
Arundel County

Old October 13th 07, 09:03 AM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"DB" wrote

"Gini" wrote in

ugh What a bunch o' crap. I'm going to filter them out.

Many people already have!

==
I've killfiled them but any replies I make to a crossposted thread are still
going to be snatched.
==

Old October 13th 07, 10:58 AM posted to alt.child-support
scaredfather

Default Does anybody have any useful advice on how to collect a child support debt?

On Oct 12, 9:29 am, "Illiana" u38194@uwe wrote:
DB wrote:
"Illiana" u38194@uwe wrote in

Do you have any useful advice?

I was convicted for not having enough money to pay the child support they
wanted!
The mother did not receive the money she was looking for.

Best advice, get yourself a job and don't depend on the government for
anything.

I don't depend on the government, I am sorry you have to. I do work. Do you
have any advice on how to collect my child support? If not, please move along.
Thank you.

This is what I have learned: In the courts you can get whatever you
want. In the real world--You get NADA! I know that's not the answer
you were looking for but it's the truth. Like I told my ex, if you
want more money, get another job. Mcdonalds is hiring.

Old October 13th 07, 04:28 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"scaredfather" wrote in

I don't depend on the government, I am sorry you have to. I do work. Do
you
have any advice on how to collect my child support? If not, please move
along.
Thank you.

This is what I have learned: In the courts you can get whatever you
want. In the real world--You get NADA! I know that's not the answer
you were looking for but it's the truth. Like I told my ex, if you
want more money, get another job. Mcdonalds is hiring.

It's easy to win a lawsuite, it's a whole other process to try collect!

Old October 14th 07, 12:30 AM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

"Paula" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 12, 9:47 am, "Gini" wrote:
This group is for NCPs who have
child support issues.

That's odd ... since whoever created the group described it
as "Raising children in a split family."

That's why it's called "alt.CHILD-SUPPORT", right?