Nipple Shields

Old August 14th 03, 07:23 PM
Lisa Besko

Default Nipple Shields

I've been debating on trying these with my 21 month old to help with the
nipple pain I've been having while pregnant. Anyone think it would
help? My guess is my DS will have nothing to do with it.

LB

Alison wrote:
What are your thoughts on these? Has anyone ever used them? Do they work?
Do they confuse baby?

--Alison

--
Lisa L.W. Besko SCNC Voice : 517-432-4040
Systems Analyst SCNC E-mail :

Old August 14th 03, 08:44 PM
Mary W.

"Mary W." wrote:

Alison wrote:

I just have incredibly tender nipples - so much so that I can't even bear to
be hugged by DP. And most of the time my breasts feel as if they've been
kicked and bruised (which they haven't). I am miserable but baby is putting
on good weight and seems quite happy to nurse so I grin and bear it. I
would dearly like to b/f for at least six months and we're now 2 months in.
The next four months look bleak for me so I was going to try the nipple
shields.

Following my own post, iphigenia just posted this to another thread,
you may want to check it out:

http://www.kellymom.com/newman/candi...col_12-02.html

Good luck!

Mary

Old August 15th 03, 12:55 PM
Stephanie and Tim

"Jolltax" wrote in message

"Stephanie and Tim" wrote in message

It took some work to convince DS to nurse without them, but we
were able to get over that with the help of a very good lactation
consultant.

Do you have any hints and tips on how to wean a baby off the nipple

shields
?

Marie

What the LC helped us do was manually express a bit into a cup. Then,
position the baby as if to latch in a naked breast and squirt with a sirynge
into mouth and on nipple. And then try to latch. Bear in mind that this was
after 2 days of using, so DS had no opininion. He literally only needed one
successful latch and decent feed to get the picture. This took well over 2
hours of squirt , try, rest... So even this small goal was a bit of work.

If I were you, I would attempt to find the best LC around, and get hands on
help. Then she can look at YOUR specific issue and help.

Ongoing problems, very frustrating....insights? Cathy Breastfeeding 1 August 11th 03 02:14 AM
Need Advice for my sister w/2 day old. Karen Breastfeeding 4 August 8th 03 09:24 PM
BF advice Ben Breastfeeding 17 July 25th 03 07:00 PM
10 mo partying at breast causing nipple trauma Christy Breastfeeding 0 July 18th 03 03:16 PM
UPDATE: Pulling at breast (Cracked nipple advice needed) Jodie Breastfeeding 3 July 12th 03 05:44 PM