NIP successes!

Old August 24th 03, 02:28 AM
Alphawave

Default NIP successes!

Just wanna pat myself on the back... I had 2 great NIP experiences this
weekend! And DS is calming down while NIP -- *YAY*!!!

The first was last night. We went to have a pizza at Bertucci's, and
towards the end of the meal, DS started acting hungry even though I fed
him before we left. We were seated in a booth, so I decided to try
nursing in the Maya wrap so that DS would be better cradled. It worked!
We hadn't had any luck with it at all up until yesterday! He happily
nursed away, pausing occasionally to give me a smile. Ahhhh. :-) When
we were leaving, the manager held the door open for me and mentioned how
great "that" (the Maya wrap) was -- then he motioned as if pulling down a
bra flap and nodded his head. :-D He said his daughter is 8 mos. old and
thinks maybe they should get one for themselves. So thumbs up for
Bertucci's! And Maya wrap!

The second was today, at the zoo. Couldn't find a secluded place to save
my life, crowds were thick, so we all just sat down at the edge of the
walkway, me with my back to the crowd, and nursed away.

And might as well mention... last weekend, I was pleased to learn that the
Smithsonian's Air & Space Museum has a nursing room. :-)

NIP success! Feeling pretty good right about now. :-D

-- Alpha
alphawave at earthlink dot net
Old August 24th 03, 03:36 AM
K.B.

I was just going to post a similar message. I've been getting very good
about NIP. I took my 4 kids to the diner by myself yesterday. The baby had
to eat so I just did it right there. My 11 year old was a little embarrassed
but nobody could see anything. My waiter came over and asked if I was
alright and if I needed anything. I don't even think he knew I was nursing.
I did it again this morning at my sons karate. Normally I would go to the
dressing room but I was outside by the entrance. It was so nice out, I
didn't want to go in. I just did it there. There were some men outside
waiting around me but I don't think they noticed. I'm not embarrassed to do
it anymore. I don't care if they do see anything. If it upsets anyone they
shouldn't look. It's not like a young sexy breast. It's a lactating boob. I
was so shy about it at first and awkward too but now I do it everywhere I
go. It's not easy to find a private spot when you have 3 other kids with
you. This is my first experience nursing and I've only been doing it for 4
months. I'm a pro already. I just have to figure out how to not spill my
food on him while I'm nursing and eating. He had rice in his diaper the
other day. he he
Kris

Old August 24th 03, 05:42 AM
H Schinske

I just have to figure out how to not spill my
food on him while I'm nursing and eating. He had rice in his diaper the
other day. he he
Kris

Yeah, my kids *always* had toast crumbs in their hair.

--Helen
Old August 24th 03, 01:03 PM
Shannon and Joe

Well, now that you know how easy it is, nobody can stop you!

:-)

-Shannon and Joseph 11-15-99, weaned last month. *sigh*

Old August 24th 03, 01:08 PM
Belphoebe

"Alphawave" wrote in message

NIP success! Feeling pretty good right about now. :-D

Yay!

I'm glad you've had these nice NIP experiences.

Belphoebe

Old August 25th 03, 02:29 AM
Alphawave

Kris says:

There were some men outside
waiting around me but I don't think they noticed. I'm not embarrassed
to do it anymore. I don't care if they do see anything.

I'm finding myself feeling this way too. I was in a nursing room where
there was a changing table too, and I heard a dad outside say, "Is this a
nursing room or just for changing diapers?" Then he poked his head in and
said, "Oops, someone's nursing in here." But I couldn't have cared less
if he came in and changed his baby's diaper. Heck, even if I did mind,
when you've got that baby on a high changing table, the last thing you're
going to be doing is sneaking peaks. :-)

Old August 25th 03, 01:06 PM
Bruce and Jeanne

Alphawave wrote:

Kris says:

There were some men outside
waiting around me but I don't think they noticed. I'm not embarrassed
to do it anymore. I don't care if they do see anything.

I'm finding myself feeling this way too. I was in a nursing room where
there was a changing table too, and I heard a dad outside say, "Is this a
nursing room or just for changing diapers?" Then he poked his head in and
said, "Oops, someone's nursing in here." But I couldn't have cared less
if he came in and changed his baby's diaper. Heck, even if I did mind,
when you've got that baby on a high changing table, the last thing you're
going to be doing is sneaking peaks. :-)

-- Alpha
alphawave at earthlink dot net

Actually I prefer the changing room to be separate from the nursing
room. To me a changing table is essentially the "toilet" (or the waste
basket beside it ). At one mall, the room was so tint that the nursing
mother has to sit by the very stinky (because no one ever empties a
poopy diaper) diaper pail/waste basket. Not restful nor appealing to
this nursing mother. I found a bench in the concourse of the mall to
nurse.

Jeanne
Old August 25th 03, 02:45 PM
Irene

Alphawave wrote in message ...
Jeanne says:

Very rarely has anyone noticed that I was nursing my baby - in public or
private.

I must still be clumsy at it, then. After all, the manager of the
restaurant noticed, and I thought I was being really discreet! :-) I
have seen people looking at me when I nurse -- not with hostility, but
just taking notice of seeing something they don't usually see. But I do
tend to agree, the more we get noticed while nursing, the more normal the
whole thing will start to seem, maybe leading more women to be willing to
nurse past the first few weeks.

Well, you also mentioned that the manager had an 8 month old at home,
presumably nursing. So, he probably had his "baby radar" on and was
more likely to notice! I have to admit, I often try to figure out if
babies are nursing when they are being held horizontally. I did a
double-take recently when I saw a baby being held in a perfect nursing
position - then realized the baby was being held by a man! Just a
sleeping baby...

Irene
who has NIP'd in so many places she's lost count
Old August 26th 03, 01:13 PM
Chookie

In article . net,
"K.B." wrote:

I was just going to post a similar message. I've been getting very good
about NIP. I took my 4 kids to the diner by myself yesterday. The baby had
to eat so I just did it right there. My 11 year old was a little embarrassed
but nobody could see anything. My waiter came over and asked if I was
alright and if I needed anything. I don't even think he knew I was nursing.

No, he probably didn't. Unless you know what to look for (ie, have bfed a
baby yourself), most people just register "woman with baby". It really isn't
very obvious.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"...children should continue to be breastfed... for up to two years of age
or beyond." -- Innocenti Declaration, Florence, 1 August 1990
Old September 1st 03, 07:41 PM
Laurie

Alphawave wrote in message ...
[...]

That's awesome Alpha! I remember feeling a total high after my first few
times, too. Good for you!

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 29 months
and Christopher, 4 months