freezing jarred baby food

Old January 3rd 04, 01:18 PM
All4meUC

Default freezing jarred baby food

This may sound like a silly question but I was wondering.....
Is it safe to freeze store bought baby food. Say you open the jar and take out
the portion you are going to use and then freeze what's left. I don't know if
anyone has ever done this, seems to me the contents wouldn't spoil if put in a
sealed container and into the freezer emmediately after opening. ??
~Tracy
Old January 3rd 04, 06:15 PM
toypup

"All4meUC" wrote in message
This may sound like a silly question but I was wondering.....
Is it safe to freeze store bought baby food. Say you open the jar and take

out
the portion you are going to use and then freeze what's left. I don't know

if
anyone has ever done this, seems to me the contents wouldn't spoil if put

in a
sealed container and into the freezer emmediately after opening. ??
~Tracy

I would think the jar would break from the expansion of water inside the
jar. Maybe you could freeze it in something else.

Old January 4th 04, 12:06 AM
Irish Marie

"toypup" wrote in message

"All4meUC" wrote in message
This may sound like a silly question but I was wondering.....
Is it safe to freeze store bought baby food. Say you open the jar and

take
out
the portion you are going to use and then freeze what's left. I don't

know
if
anyone has ever done this, seems to me the contents wouldn't spoil if

put
in a
sealed container and into the freezer emmediately after opening. ??
~Tracy

I would think the jar would break from the expansion of water inside the
jar. Maybe you could freeze it in something else.

OP said she would put it into a sealed container which would suggest she
intends removing if from the jar and putting it into something else?!? ;-)
And to the OP, I don't know, interesting question.
--
Marie
Mum of 3

Old January 4th 04, 12:56 AM
Dawn Lawson

All4meUC wrote:

This may sound like a silly question but I was wondering.....
Is it safe to freeze store bought baby food. Say you open the jar and take out
the portion you are going to use and then freeze what's left. I don't know if
anyone has ever done this, seems to me the contents wouldn't spoil if put in a
sealed container and into the freezer emmediately after opening. ??
~Tracy

same as any other food....ice cube trays, either the covered kind, or
freeze then pop out and put into ziploc type bags and label. Defrost as
many cubes as you need.

Dawn