Well Florida DOR Confirms it's Incompetency Again

Old July 18th 03, 05:46 PM
gini52

Default Well Florida DOR Confirms

"Virginia" wrote in message
But they only have to give notice in local FL papers even in the event
that they know where the father lives (PA). THey should have to put
notice in the father's local paper when they know where he is too.

==
The statute only applies if they don't know where/who the father is. If they
*do* know where the father is and lie about it, they can face criminal
charges. Do you know someone this happened to?
==
==

gini52 wrote:

That and that a father's parental rights cannot be terminated without

the
mother
first serving notice in the media to all the men (by name) who could
potentially be the father,
that the child may be placed for adoption.
(More)
==

Old July 18th 03, 05:50 PM
gini52

Default Well Florida DOR Confirms it's Incompetency Again

"Virginia" wrote in message
19? I thought it was 18 in PA

==
I believe Lestor is saying that it is age 19 if the child is still in high
school.
==
==

Lestor wrote:
Gini, I am still here. I do more listening than talking I guess. By

the
way. my CS does stop when by son turns 18 even though he will only be
starting 11th grade. That is the only good thing about FL. If they

still
lived in PA I would pay till 19 or gratuation, whichever happened later.

My file is full with correspondence, phone converstion notes and yes

even
envelopes...good advice, thanx.

Old July 19th 03, 01:23 AM
Virginia

actually yes this is how my daughter's half sister was adopted. She
knew he was living somewhere near his mother but didn't put an ad
anywhere but in Jacksonville. She's almost 20 now though.

Old July 19th 03, 01:31 AM
gini52

"Virginia" wrote in message
actually yes this is how my daughter's half sister was adopted. She
knew he was living somewhere near his mother but didn't put an ad
anywhere but in Jacksonville. She's almost 20 now though.

==
Ah...the legislation I referred to is recent. I have no idea what the laws
were
20 years ago.
==
==

Old July 19th 03, 04:32 AM
Mel Gamble

In a word...

"Virginia" wrote in message
actually yes this is how my daughter's half sister was adopted. She
knew he was living somewhere near his mother but didn't put an ad
anywhere but in Jacksonville. She's almost 20 now though.

==
Ah...the legislation I referred to is recent. I have no idea what the laws
were
20 years ago.

"UNFAIR". Not much has changed.

Mel Gamble