Yippee! It's Over!!

Old July 18th 03, 06:56 AM
Father Drew

Default Yippee! It's Over!!

Way to go Gini!!!
Eventually the nightmare ends, we all wake up sometime.

-Drew

"gini52" wrote in message
Received a check from Florida today for 291.63. We haven't had any
communication with them since the letter telling us to send them the 480.+
Go figure!
Now, all they owe us is 82.00 and I'm not going to fight it. I consider

our
relationship with
FL/DOR and child support orders permanently severed. I am now looking
forward to
replacing my '89 Audi with 164,000 miles on it for something I can

actually
drive out of town.
without having to be towed back ;-).
(NCPs & Second Wives--Remember, it does end eventually)
==
==

--
There may not be much difference
between Marilyn Monroe and Lenny

Old July 18th 03, 07:46 AM
Tracy

"gini52" wrote in message

"Tracy" wrote in message
"gini52" wrote in message

"dani" wrote in message
link.net...
Anyway, very cool that it's over. I hope you are not leaving the NG

as
your words to a lot of people, I'm sure, have made a big difference.

~Dani
==
Thanks much, Dani. It is very cool. I'll be around. Can't let Layne

off
that
easily :-)
(Besides, this check might bounce.)

Glad to read you'll be around. At least keep in touch if you decide to

stop
participating.

==
Thanks--Will do. But, I'll be here for better or worse.

LOL - sounds like a real commitment to me.

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

Old July 18th 03, 01:52 PM
gini52

"The Dave©" wrote in message
"gini52" wrote
Thanks--Will do. But, I'll be here for better or worse.

Whether we like it, or not? ;-)

==
'fraid so, Dave.
==
==

Old July 20th 03, 07:32 PM
Bob Whiteside

"gini52" wrote in message

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"gini52" wrote in message
Received a check from Florida today for 291.63. We haven't had any
communication with them since the letter telling us to send them

the
480.+
Go figure!
Now, all they owe us is 82.00 and I'm not going to fight it. I

consider
our
relationship with
FL/DOR and child support orders permanently severed. I am now

looking
forward to
replacing my '89 Audi with 164,000 miles on it for something I can
actually
drive out of town.
without having to be towed back ;-).
(NCPs & Second Wives--Remember, it does end eventually)
==
==

Usually there is one more step before it's over. Check the Florida

law
on
how to close out the money judgment. There should be a way for you

ask
the Florida DOR/CSE to certify the CS obligation has been paid in

full
and
for them to provide that notice to the clerk of the court where the

money
judgment is filed. This is an important step for several reasons.

First,
it closes out the judgment forever. And second, it removes the open
judgment from credit reporting, or at least gives you a piece of

paper
show the judgment has been paid in full should it still appear on

future
credit reports.
==
Thanks for the heads-up, Bob. In Florida it is in the Rules of Civil
Procedure. The Clerk of Court is required to send a notice of

satisfaction
within 30 days of the "debtor's" written request. I will be doing that

this
week.
In addition, we do have the letter from DOR that states the child

support
is
paid in full.
That's what they wrote just before telling us we owe them the 480. for
"costs." But, we
will get the statement of satisfaction as well as the payment history

which
includes
the total amount of support paid through DOR. I'm sure the stepkids

will
enjoy seeing that total ;-)
PA was never involved in this support case as it wasn't
transferred/registered here.
==
==

You are welcome. After sending the "debtors request for satisfaction"

you
will need to follow up repeatedly to ensure they actually file the
satisfaction and close out the money judgment. In my case the CS case
workers were not aware of how an obligor could use the laws to mandated

them
to act on the obligor's behalf, so they "lost" the input I sent them.

When
I followed up they reverted back to what they knew - ask the obligee to
provide a satisfaction. I had to go back through the "grievance

process"
get them to read the law and understand what it meant. The people in

CSE
are totally incompetent!

CSE/DA's are sneaky and cannot be trusted. In my state there is no
legislative mandate for action beyond receiving the satisfaction, so

they
do
nothing unless you press them to confirm they did something with your
request. CSE and the DA will hide behind the excuse there is no

legislative
process set up for them to follow to justify their malfeasance.

You are about to enter the "silly season" of CS enforcement.

==
Let's see--In the last 7 years FL DOR/CSE/judge has:

1. Doubled the amount of support after we had subsequent children.

2. Told my husband that if he appealed the order, he would be thrown in

jail
(which could be done
because the judge had just ordered instant arrears).

3. Sent an income withholding order, unsigned, undated to my husband's
employer with no copy to us (let alone the statement of obligor's

rights
required by law).

4. Disallowed 7k in CS receipts when we paid her directly because we
couldn't tell the judge *exactly* what is was for.

5. Sent time sensitive documents, pre-dated, meter posted (no postmark)

so
that we would not receive them
in time for a timely response ("10 days from the date of this

letter").

6. Ruled on matters without proper motion/notice.

And, *now* you tell me we are entering the "silly season?"
Say it ain't so, Bob! No matter, you can't rain on this parade ;-)
==
==

Nice list. But you described the "CYA period." You know, the period where
CSE sends you all the time sensitive documents without a date on them to
show when the document was prepared. The period where they back date
activity events in the "official records" to cover-up their gross
malfeasance. The period where they send you orders for approval of form and
substance and then add attachments after you don't object to what they sent
you. The period where they lose correspondence repeatedly from obligors
requiring follow-up after follow-up to get them to act under the law. The
period where they send duplicate refund checks to obligors to compensate for
over withholding and then slap the obligor with arrearage withholding
because they refunded too much.

The "silly season" is when they know you no longer owe CS, they have the
full satisfaction of judgment in hand, and they don't do anything with it.
During the "CYA period" CSE acts to screw obligors. When your case enters
the "silly season" the only way they can screw you further at that point is
to not act. I hope I have clarified the difference. :-))