To Deal With Your Aggressive Child And Teach Them Anger Management

Old March 6th 07, 05:08 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
0:->

Default To Deal With Your Aggressive Child And Teach Them Anger Management

Greegor wrote:
........snip for a certain point to be discussed......

By doing a lot of crap that is EXTRANIOUS to the point...

BUT, If your child STOLE A BIKE how much of this
(child's point of view) crap would you do BETTY?

This (child's point of view) stuff can be good but
too much of it just makes the parent a SUCKER
asking to be MANIPULATED.

Tell you what, Greg. Make yourself useful and pursue this one point
only. Let's take it apart. Let's explore children stealing things.

Let's see if we, together, can develop a response to stealing that would
most likely result in it not reoccurring teaching the child something
important about being a good citizen.

Can you participate?

Would you take an oath of gentility with me? No ad hom. No departures,
and no one but you and I, though we are free to consult off thread with
anyone we wish?

That way we won't get cluttered up, and pull a Kennery, on the subject.

Deal?

You pull in all you can come up with, and I will do the same.

I'll start:

To begin with my method of dealing with this violation of our agreement
that no one in our family steals, I want to know two things from the
child...if she knows why she did it, and what she thinks the victim is
feeling about it.

Ask me to explain myself if you wish.

And feel free to take off with your suggestions, thoughts, ideas, etc.

Or even change the scenario until we have one you are comfortable
debating about.

I see a female child about 8 or nine. She has stolen a bike whose owner
I don't know as yet.

The child has used the classic, "I found it in the alley," argument when
I confronted her. She had been riding it around the neighborhood for a
week without letting me see her, hiding the bike in the hedge along the
back of the property.

So much for an opening attempt at a scenario. Your turn.

I have already given you my oath of gentility in debate.

And I'll cut off anyone that tries to engage either of us in the thread.

My side or yours.

Just you, just me. Just a stolen bicycle and little kid we think stole it.

I also request that we confine ourselves to one newsgroup, the one more
concerned with discipline...asp.

We'll draw less attention from trolls and unfriendly socks, though I
notice you don't have as many as I seem to. 0:-] ... no offense, just an
observation. Must be my kindly vulnerable personality.

Kane
Old March 6th 07, 05:12 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
dragonsgirl

"Firemonkey" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 5, 7:26 pm, "Greegor" wrote:
On Mar 5, 12:52 am, "dragonsgirl" wrote:

"Greegor" wrote in message

roups.com...

What you need to do now is to think differently. Try to think from
outside of the current situation and you'll see the entire situation
from an entirely different perspective.

Is it healthy for a kid to think that parents
should come around to their "perspective"?

Isn't this how to build a better narcissistic monster?

You can build one, if you so desire,

By doing a lot of crap that is EXTRANIOUS to the point...

BUT, If your child STOLE A BIKE how much of this
(child's point of view) crap would you do BETTY?

This (child's point of view) stuff can be good but
too much of it just makes the parent a SUCKER
asking to be MANIPULATED.

by ignoring your child, by refusing
your child affection, by showing your child that they are not a
priority to
you. You can press your own abusive nature upon them, whether it be
physcial, emotional, or mental abuse. You can make sure that your
child
knows that nothing they do is good enough, and never will be. You can
bring
out jealousy in your child by favoring another over them, and you can
show
them, by example, how to refuse to admit when they are wrong and take
responsibility for their actions.

I know how this works. I was married to a narcissist.

You were his TROPHY WIFE??? ROFL!

This is how he was
raised, and given his choice, this is how he would raise his children.

Yet ANOTHER in your pantheon of
(every other family member but yourself is defective)?

The list goes on and on doesn't it BETTY?

how to refuse to admit when they are wrong and take
responsibility for their actions.

Doesn't that usually involve blaming everybody else in their
entire family and life for every problem BETTY?

Isn't that what you keep doing with this stuff about
how you are a GEM plucked from the manure pit of
your family by Child Protection???

GFYS

Girlfriend, you are shame-lesssss.
Don't you know he'd have to have a pecker to do that?

Old March 6th 07, 05:20 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
dragonsgirl

oups.com...
"Greegor" wrote in message

oups.com...

What you need to do now is to think differently. Try to think from
outside of the current situation and you'll see the entire situation
from an entirely different perspective.

Is it healthy for a kid to think that parents
should come around to their "perspective"?

Isn't this how to build a better narcissistic monster?

You can build one, if you so desire,

By doing a lot of crap that is EXTRANIOUS to the point...

BUT, If your child STOLE A BIKE how much of this
(child's point of view) crap would you do BETTY?

Dunno Greg. I really don't because my kids have never stolen a bike. Or a
car, or anything else. Oh, except the one time that my oldest was four and
carried a four pack of crayons out of Lucky's food store. Of course, I made
him take them back with me and tell the manager that he was sorry.
In case, for the eleven-dy millionth time, you didn't notice, I base my
opinions on my experiences.

This (child's point of view) stuff can be good but
too much of it just makes the parent a SUCKER
asking to be MANIPULATED.

You seem to think you know alot about being a parent for someone who isn't
one.

by ignoring your child, by refusing
your child affection, by showing your child that they are not a priority
you. You can press your own abusive nature upon them, whether it be
physcial, emotional, or mental abuse. You can make sure that your child
knows that nothing they do is good enough, and never will be. You can
bring
out jealousy in your child by favoring another over them, and you can
show
them, by example, how to refuse to admit when they are wrong and take
responsibility for their actions.

I know how this works. I was married to a narcissist.

You were his TROPHY WIFE??? ROFL!

LOL No Greg, I was his manipulation toy, like Lisa seems to be your's.

This is how he was
raised, and given his choice, this is how he would raise his children.

Yet ANOTHER in your pantheon of
(every other family member but yourself is defective)?

****. He ain't no family of mine.
And his family ain't no family of mine.
So what are you talking about?

The list goes on and on doesn't it BETTY?

Sure does.

how to refuse to admit when they are wrong and take
responsibility for their actions.

Doesn't that usually involve blaming everybody else in their
entire family and life for every problem BETTY?

You should answer that question. You sure do seem to be similar in that you
cannot identify problems, your part in them, and exercise any reasonable
measure to rectify.
If I didn't know any better I'd swear you ARE my ex.

Isn't that what you keep doing with this stuff about
how you are a GEM plucked from the manure pit of
your family by Child Protection???

Tsk. Check yourself Greg, that jealousy is showing.