rsvp

Old June 4th 07, 01:53 AM posted to misc.kids
toypup

Default rsvp

When you throw a birthday party, how many people RSVP? Last year, every
one of our guests RSVP'd for DS's party. This year, we invited 18
classmates and so far 3 moms have replied. The RSVP date is this
Wednesday, so there's still time. However, I've been to other parties this
year and most of the moms have mentioned difficulty getting RSVP's. What
is your experience?
Old June 4th 07, 02:42 AM posted to misc.kids
Chris

On Jun 3, 8:53?pm, toypup wrote:
When you throw a birthday party, how many people RSVP? Last year, every
one of our guests RSVP'd for DS's party. This year, we invited 18
classmates and so far 3 moms have replied. The RSVP date is this
Wednesday, so there's still time. However, I've been to other parties this
year and most of the moms have mentioned difficulty getting RSVP's. What
is your experience?

A third may RSVP and a third who didn't respond will still show up.
Don't think twice about calling those on your list yourself to find
out, although it is not something you need to do to add to your list
of things to do. lol. Just doesn't seem important to people any more.
Sometimes people lose the invites because their kids take them off the
fridge out of excitement and lose them, and then outta sight-outta
mind kind of kicks in.

Old June 4th 07, 02:44 AM posted to misc.kids
Ericka Kammerer

toypup wrote:
When you throw a birthday party, how many people RSVP? Last year, every
one of our guests RSVP'd for DS's party. This year, we invited 18
classmates and so far 3 moms have replied. The RSVP date is this
Wednesday, so there's still time. However, I've been to other parties this
year and most of the moms have mentioned difficulty getting RSVP's. What
is your experience?

Getting responses seems to vary a lot. Sometimes
everyone seems to respond promptly, and other times it's like
pulling teeth and I end up having to call nearly everyone.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old June 4th 07, 01:57 PM posted to misc.kids
Sue

"toypup" wrote in message
When you throw a birthday party, how many people RSVP?

Sometimes I get good responses and other times I don't. It seems to vary. I
am not the best at RSVPing myself, so I do try to cut some slack. Although,
I was a little irritated at one party that I gave, no one RSVPd and it was a
sleepover. I ended up having to call everyone. I guess they were too busy to
let me know.
--
Sue

Old June 4th 07, 02:23 PM posted to misc.kids
bizby40

"Sue" wrote in message
news:6MSdnQvUIdidkPnbnZ2dnUVZ_vOlnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
"toypup" wrote in message
When you throw a birthday party, how many people RSVP?

Sometimes I get good responses and other times I don't. It seems to
vary. I am not the best at RSVPing myself, so I do try to cut some
slack. Although, I was a little irritated at one party that I gave,
no one RSVPd and it was a sleepover. I ended up having to call
everyone. I guess they were too busy to let me know.

I always assume that no answer means No. I've had people call at the
last second apologizing for not getting back sooner and asking if it
was too late to come, but I'm never had anyone just show up without
calling and saying they were going to. I see it on here all the time
that people do that, but I find that a bit shocking.

Bizby

Old June 4th 07, 04:39 PM posted to misc.kids
Welches

"toypup" wrote in message
.. .
When you throw a birthday party, how many people RSVP? Last year, every
one of our guests RSVP'd for DS's party. This year, we invited 18
classmates and so far 3 moms have replied. The RSVP date is this
Wednesday, so there's still time. However, I've been to other parties
this
year and most of the moms have mentioned difficulty getting RSVP's. What
is your experience?

I would say that my experience is that most people replied without being
chased.
I think for #1 out of 25 people, I had to ask 2, and for #2 I don't think I
had to ask anyone out of 22. It helped that the place they went was
flexiable with up to 25 children, so I didn't need exact numbers beforehand.
However for #1 1 person forgot, and for #2 2 people forgot (but they were
siblings so I guess that may only count for one person!). I'd also say that
most people leave it late to respond.
Debbie

Old June 4th 07, 06:43 PM posted to misc.kids
Vickie

On Jun 3, 5:53 pm, toypup wrote:
When you throw a birthday party, how many people RSVP? Last year, every
one of our guests RSVP'd for DS's party. This year, we invited 18
classmates and so far 3 moms have replied. The RSVP date is this
Wednesday, so there's still time. However, I've been to other parties this
year and most of the moms have mentioned difficulty getting RSVP's. What
is your experience?

Major pet-peeve of mine. Along with late shower-uppers. Oh, and
assuming sibs are invited.

I like to be organized and have enough of everything, so I always end
up spending more than needed, which sucks. I do wait until the last
comfortable moment, then say to heck with it, and start making calls.
"Hey sent out an invite for Peggy Sue's birthday for your daughter.
Just wondering if she could make it?"

Just had a sleepover birthday party for my son on the 2nd. Had to
call some kids.

I don't know where you are at (located), but it is almost summer
season and school is getting out. There is always craziness during
this time, so your son's birthday might just be at the time when
people do forget things.

Luck,
Vickie

Old June 5th 07, 10:55 PM posted to misc.kids
Marie

On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 17:53:36 -0700, toypup
wrote:
When you throw a birthday party, how many people RSVP? Last year, every
one of our guests RSVP'd for DS's party. This year, we invited 18
classmates and so far 3 moms have replied. The RSVP date is this
Wednesday, so there's still time. However, I've been to other parties this
year and most of the moms have mentioned difficulty getting RSVP's. What
is your experience?

Every time I have a party or throw a baby shower, I've had to track
everyone down to ask. NO ONE will RSVP in my social/family circle. Ok
a couple of weeks ago I gave a baby shower, and 1 lady called to say
she couldn't make it, and that was the one RSVP I've ever gotten. Even
my own parents and siblings do not let me know. I get so irritated at
having to call everyone, and I make it a point when I call to say "The
invitation had RSVP and that meant you're supposed to let me know yes
or no", but they just laugh it off. Haha if I'm funny/old/busy it's ok
to be rude.
Marie
Old June 9th 07, 04:07 AM posted to misc.kids
toypup

Default UPDATE: rsvp

"toypup" wrote in message
.. .
When you throw a birthday party, how many people RSVP? Last year, every
one of our guests RSVP'd for DS's party. This year, we invited 18
classmates and so far 3 moms have replied. The RSVP date is this
Wednesday, so there's still time. However, I've been to other parties
this
year and most of the moms have mentioned difficulty getting RSVP's. What
is your experience?

Just to let you know, the RSVP deadline has passed. I had to try to track
down 8 out of 18 students' parents. Some of them, I had no contact number
or anything, so I am relying on word from DS on which one of those four are
going or not. Sounds like they are fairly reliable, as the ones not going
are giving reasons. I had invited the class with their siblings. We have
enough going to make the venue rental worthwhile.

This is my second year inviting classmates, though last year, we did not
invite the entire class (and we will never again until DD gets her big
kindergarten party). It seems that there is a 50% acceptance rate. I heard
that is a rule of thumb and so far, that is holding true. I know every
situation and are is different, but I hope my experience helps someone else.