clicking noises in belly

Old July 31st 04, 06:43 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Default clicking noises in belly

OK, this may sound weird, but my baby makes clicking noises. The noise
has occured twice that I know of. It always happens when the baby is
kicking up a storm. I asked my midwife, and she said that she doesn't
know what it is, but that other women have mentioned the same thing
(i.e. that their babies do it too). Anyone have any ideas on what the
babe is doing? There is absolutely no pain involved. In fact, I feel
nothing except normal movement, and the movement never seems to be
affected by the clicking, although the baby stops momentarily (but
really not for long) after a click occurs.
Old July 31st 04, 07:30 PM
Rob and Jami

I've had this happen a couple of times too. The first time it happened, I
thought my water broke. Sounded the same as when my water broke with my
son. I have no idea what it is either, if you find out, let me know

--
Jami
Momma to:

.. .

Old July 31st 04, 08:44 PM
Christine

Hummmm, never happened to me but i do think someone in this group had
this happen to them as well....

I'm sure its nothing to be concerned about, just odd huh?....

Chrissy & Chloe....

Old July 31st 04, 10:39 PM
Amy

That's bizarre. It's very unusual, but they have heard babies crying in the
womb, according to a pregnancy book I was reading, presumably a little air
got in somehow.

Old July 31st 04, 10:46 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Rob and Jami wrote:
The first time it happened, I
thought my water broke.

Me too! I just sat there and wondered what was going to happen next,
but nothing happened (thankfully, as the first time it happened, it was
too early).
Old August 1st 04, 01:03 AM
Shena Delian O'Brien

Vicky Bilaniuk wrote:

OK, this may sound weird, but my baby makes clicking noises. The noise
has occured twice that I know of. It always happens when the baby is
kicking up a storm. I asked my midwife, and she said that she doesn't
know what it is, but that other women have mentioned the same thing
(i.e. that their babies do it too). Anyone have any ideas on what the
babe is doing? There is absolutely no pain involved. In fact, I feel
nothing except normal movement, and the movement never seems to be
affected by the clicking, although the baby stops momentarily (but
really not for long) after a click occurs.

Joints popping. It sounds exactly like a joint popping. I know because
my joints pop all the time. I even mentioned it to my pediatrician when
I met him before DS was born. He was like "huh?" and said he had no idea.

Well turns out after DS was here his joints would pop! his shoulders,
wrists, etc. all pop occasionally. So.... yeah I was right, it was joint
popping!!!!!!

Old August 1st 04, 04:34 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Shena Delian O'Brien wrote:

Vicky Bilaniuk wrote:

[...]

I had wondered about that too, but I kept putting it out of my mind,
thinking "oh the poor kid, I *hope* it's not that!" ;-) (I personally
hate it when my joints crack because it *hurts*)
Old August 1st 04, 10:36 AM
Rob and Jami

Me too! I just sat there and wondered what was going to happen next,
but nothing happened (thankfully, as the first time it happened, it was
too early).

That's too funny!

Old August 2nd 04, 01:50 AM
Honey38ch

Anyone have any ideas on what the
babe is doing?

I had rhythmic clicking noises, and I used to joke that I was having a clock
instead of a baby because it felt like 'tick tock'. Someone later told me it
was hiccups.
Honey
Old August 2nd 04, 05:25 AM
Unadulterated Me

Vicky Bilaniuk wrote:

Anyone have any ideas on what the
babe is doing? There is absolutely no pain involved.

I've had it now and then and always assumed it was like a vacuum pop
that the uterus or a membrane maybe makes as it slurps of the abdominal
wall,two wet granuloma type tissues suctioning of one another due to the
baby moving. Doesn't sound like a joint to me, doesn't have that crisp
sound to it, it's more a muffled mouth pop like the finger in the cheek.

Andrea

unwelcome belly touching Vicky Bilaniuk Pregnancy 4 July 19th 04 01:53 AM
Belly belts? Auntie Bubbles Pregnancy 8 February 22nd 04 03:13 AM
Pain In Belly...? Christine Pregnancy 1 February 21st 04 07:05 PM
Belly size question.... Kari Pregnancy 5 August 22nd 03 05:31 PM