found the ultimate use for my changing table...

Old August 28th 05, 05:48 PM
oregonchick

Default found the ultimate use for my changing table...

So, I bought a changing table. Every mother needs one, right? (I didn't use
one with my last child). It's been sitting in my basement waiting for birth
time in December. My laundry room is down there too, and I was down there
today doing massive quantities of laundry, as usual.
I've been thinking about getting a table down there so I can fold my laundry
there instead of lugging it up unfolded, dropping it in a heap on the
bedroom floor, where it unceremoniously lays for days...
Well, I got to eying that changing table and decided it would be perfect!
It has a top height that is very comfortable as a folding surface - no more
stooping to bed level. Then there are the shelves below for stacking it all
up as I fold it. It works perfect! I can even hang my husbands nice dressy
shirts on the end of it! I don't know if it will ever be used as a changing
table...

Ok, this probably sounds so lame. I've just been in this nesting/cleaning
frenzy mode lately and I'm so excited about my new vaccuum, mop, etc. I
have never felt like this before! Very weird...

Betsy

Old August 28th 05, 08:03 PM
Grymma

oregonchick wrote:
[...]

I never had a bought-for-purpose changing table - but my back isn't great
for doing changes on the floor, and I'm just rubbish at changing a baby on
my knee, so my mother gave me a solid wooden tea trolley her work was going
to throw out, with castors on it (- It's made of teak, and capable of taking
the weight of one of those big water urn things as well as tea cups, plates
etc). It has a bottom shelf too. It's the perfect height, for me, for a
changing table, with space under for nappies, wipes etc, and all I had to do
was fix a hook to it to hold the nappy sack up at hand level :-)
I've had it 18 years, and in between kids, it's been a tv stand, display
unit, and most recently, a fish tank stand. The fish got moved a few weeks
ago, and the table is back to having a changing mat and nappies on it, ready
for the new arrival.

Laundry sorting table, huh? Hmmm, next useage sorted :-)

Best freebie I've ever had :-)

--
Grymma AFPOh Goddess Of Hangovers; B.F.(use 'reply to')
"...lost the friends that I needed losing, found others on the way..."

Old August 29th 05, 12:12 AM
Irrational Number

oregonchick wrote:

[...]
I've been thinking about getting a table down there so I can fold my laundry
there instead of lugging it up unfolded, dropping it in a heap on the
bedroom floor, where it unceremoniously lays for days...
Well, I got to eying that changing table and decided it would be perfect!

Pretty expensive laundry table, eh?
Hey, if it works, it works!

Isn't nesting fun?

-- Anita --
Old August 29th 05, 01:11 PM
Leslie

I've never had a changing table but I bought a nice wooden Jenny Lind
type for $10 at a consignment sale this time and use it to stack all of
the clothes that Lorelei can't fit into yet.

Leslie

PS A Laundry folding table is a wonderful thing!

Old August 29th 05, 08:50 PM

oregonchick wrote:
[...]

Oh, Wow!! how mommy minds work!
In my house the changing table lies next to the washer/dryer. The
layout of the house is such a way that it's most convenient that way. I
use my changing table several times a day and it's the best thing
anyone has ever give to me (for free. it's an old one). I always
thought I'd get rid of it as soon as both my kids are potty trained.
Now you've given it a whole new purpose. I think I'll keep it

I personally think changing table is very useful for changing babies
and toddlers. My toddler just climbs on it. She's a climber, always
climbing on everything. So I don't have to lift her and put her on it.

misc.kids FAQ on Childhood Vaccinations, Part 1/4 [email protected] Info and FAQ's 3 July 29th 04 05:16 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Childhood Vaccinations, Part 1/4 [email protected] Info and FAQ's 3 June 28th 04 07:41 PM
misc.kids FAQ on Childhood Vaccinations, Part 1/4 [email protected] Info and FAQ's 3 March 18th 04 09:11 AM
Changing table? Jill Pregnancy 96 October 14th 03 05:22 PM
Catastrophic History Lesson -- MAN AS OLD AS COAL svanier General 0 July 7th 03 10:24 AM