Update

Old August 31st 06, 01:38 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
[email protected]

Default Update

Well now that crisis is over - Hello to everyone. For newbies, I'm
Joelle, widow with an 18 year old son and 16 year old daughter, single
parent for wow has it actually been 7 years now?

AOL dropped newsgroups and I frankly hate google usenet - that's a big
reason I dropped out. Also decided I had better things to do than some
of the petty conflict that popped up here so often. And life got
better and isn't it true that when things are good we just go and live
our lives but bitch and whine more when things are bad?

I moved and it's better for everyone - it was tough on Sarah but she
adjusted and made new friends soon enough. My son two years ago was
diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome after years and $$$ of doctors and
shrinks and school counselors and people telling me I was a bad mother.
He's still in high school - he missed so much school from being
suspended for acting like a kid with Aspergers. And no way is he ready
for the adult world - but we've got a good deal going with special
ed--he's taking some online college courses and doing some social
skills work. And I got Social Security to keep him on under disablity
although I do think some day he'll be able to work and maybe live
independently, just not on the same time schedule as everyone else.

I even started skating again which I had to give up because paying for
two skaters in the family was impossible.

So to all those struggling --they do grow up, hang in there, it does
get better.

Joelle

Old August 31st 06, 03:38 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Tiffany

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

All good stuff. I lost a favorite newsgroup when I changed ISP
carriers...... so I know what you mean by using Google. It stinks.

So last I remember you had a man you were very much interested in. How did
that play out? (yep, I am nosy)

Not as much posting happens in here, like way back. CME.... haven't heard a
peep from lately. The lady who married the other Paul?? At least we heard
news of you.

If you don't check back, hugs to your family anyways.

Old August 31st 06, 10:06 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Moon Shyne

"Tiffany" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

CME is still out there, every now and again she pops up as online on ICQ

If you don't check back, hugs to your family anyways.

Old October 24th 06, 03:48 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
CME

"Tiffany" wrote in message
> [...]
snip

Not as much posting happens in here, like way back. CME.... haven't heard
a peep from lately. The lady who married the other Paul?? At least we
heard news of you.

My ears were burning...

Glad to see you back Joelle, yeah where is Celia and Paul? I was just
thinking about them...

As for that CME on icq, nope not me, it's an impostor!!! lol

Christine

TTC Update rangitotogirl Pregnancy 20 January 31st 06 04:18 AM
32 week update and fluid issues update Jennifer Howe Pregnancy 1 April 29th 05 06:55 AM
16 week update Jamie Clark Pregnancy 4 December 10th 04 12:03 AM
Update: Problems with 14yr old sister... Daniel Foster Parents 5 March 25th 04 02:44 PM
Use critical update Alex Nemeth Single Parents 0 October 2nd 03 03:42 AM