CTTS: 5yo and snow

Old December 14th 03, 02:30 AM
Penny Gaines

Default CTTS: 5yo and snow

Dh asked the 5yo if she wanted a "white Christmas with snow everywhere".

She considered for a moment and said "no, not everywhere. Just snow
outside."

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three

Old December 22nd 03, 05:48 PM
Lee

Penny Gaines said:

Dh asked the 5yo if she wanted a "white Christmas with snow everywhere".

She considered for a moment and said "no, not everywhere. Just snow
outside."

We had a 5 year old neighbor in the house recently who was
curious about what it meant to wish for a "white Christmas".

He confused me for a bit, because he understood what a white
Christmas was, but didn't understand how it could make sense
to wish for it to happen.

After some discussion, I realized that he thought that some
parts of the planet were always covered with snow, and that
others were more like ours, where the ground is never covered
with snow.

Most of the snow he had seen on TV was in nature shows about
the Arctic or Antarctic.

Old December 22nd 03, 06:12 PM
H Schinske

Penny Gaines said:

Dh asked the 5yo if she wanted a "white Christmas with snow everywhere".

She considered for a moment and said "no, not everywhere. Just snow
outside."

When my son first saw snow (well, probably not the first time, but the first
time he was old enough to talk at all) he said "Oooh, bubbles!"

--Helen

Old January 1st 04, 08:08 PM
Iowacookiemom

When my son first saw snow (well, probably not the first time, but the first
time he was old enough to talk at all) he said "Oooh, bubbles!"

LOL. Henry used to call green grapes "bubbles."

-Dawn
Mom to Henry, 11

Old January 27th 04, 01:51 PM
Weyoun the Dancing Borg

Iowacookiemom wrote:

When my son first saw snow (well, probably not the first time, but
the first time he was old enough to talk at all) he said "Oooh,
bubbles!"

LOL. Henry used to call green grapes "bubbles."

-Dawn
Mom to Henry, 11

I used to call bananas "Berlurlurs.