Man shoots at noisy teenagers, killing one

Old March 1st 04, 04:38 AM
jaybird

Default Man shoots at noisy teenagers, killing one

"Nan" wrote in message
On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 02:30:23 GMT, "jaybird" wrote:

"toto" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:24:11 GMT, dragonlady
wrote:

It has not yet reached the point where any hitting is illegal
in the USA, though it is no longer legal for school employees
to hit children in most states. (This IS a relatively recent change.)

Yes it is recent change. Unfortunately, it is still legal for public
school employees to hit children in their care in 22 states and
I suspect it is very rarely challenged in private schools unless
it comes to light as serious abuse.

I remember getting paddled by the gym teacher for fighting in 5th grade.

didn't fight anymore.

I suspect you wouldn't have if you'd gotten in school suspension,
either.
Your point???

I got suspended more times than I was paddled, so no. Suspension was
something I could deal with. The other I wasn't as fond of.

--
---
jaybird

Old March 1st 04, 04:38 AM
jaybird

"P. Tierney" wrote in message

"jaybird" wrote in message

"toto" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:50:30 GMT, "jaybird" wrote:

Well good.... when you find a new one, you'll have a new boss. That

was
my
point.

Not necessarily. I have owned my own business and been the boss.

It takes more hours and work actually, but it's something that can
also be done if you are willing to attempt it.

Ok then you have customers. Everyone works for someone.

Customers are not bosses. It's an obvious stretch to try to
get your round-peg argument to fit in a square hole. It's
simply ridiculous.

Not at all. Everyone works for someone.

--
---
jaybird

Old March 1st 04, 04:40 AM
jaybird

"R. Steve Walz" wrote in message
jaybird wrote:

I remember getting paddled by the gym teacher for fighting in 5th grade.

didn't fight anymore.

jaybird

----------------
I told my gym teacher in 9th grade that I had defended myself, and
that if he touched me that I'd kill him then, on the spot, if I could,
or later, by surprise from behind, and without any question. I was
reknown for being a VERY serious character, and I said it in a manner
that erased any doubt on his part. He didn't touch me.

Why were you such a ****ing squeaking sniveling little **** of a
coward? Were you beaten as a young child?

I knew I had done wrong and I accepted responsibility for it. I never did
it again.

--
---
jaybird

Old March 1st 04, 05:04 AM
R. Steve Walz

Doan wrote:

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, jaybird wrote:

Schoolyard fights and antisocial scores on the Behavior Problems Index at the
5-year follow-up.

---------------
Nowhere NEAR long enough.

Conclusions:
-----------
For most children, claims that spanking teaches aggression seem unfounded.

------------------------
Irresponsible.

Further efforts to identify moderators of
the effects of spanking on children's adjustment are necessary.

---------------
Desperate lie, no responsible researcher EVER concludes thus!

Doan

----------------------
Lies, all penology research for a century proves otherwise!
Steve
Old March 1st 04, 05:07 AM
R. Steve Walz

jaybird wrote:

I remember getting paddled by the gym teacher for fighting in 5th grade.

didn't fight anymore.

jaybird

----------------
I told my gym teacher in 9th grade that I had defended myself, and
that if he touched me that I'd kill him then, on the spot, if I could,
or later, by surprise from behind, and without any question. I was
reknown for being a VERY serious character, and I said it in a manner
that erased any doubt on his part. He didn't touch me.

Why were you such a ****ing squeaking sniveling little **** of a
coward? Were you beaten as a young child?

I knew I had done wrong and I accepted responsibility for it. I never did
it again.
jaybird

-------------------------
Then you were an abusive little ****. But violence against children
instigates sufficient hatred to justify the victim's belief that even
if they were wrong the punishment was unfair, making THEM the victim,
and justifying their original violence. This is part of the reason
that you now wish to abuse children. You're a bully/victim.
Steve
Old March 1st 04, 05:14 AM
P. Tierney

"jaybird" wrote in message

"toto" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:50:30 GMT, "jaybird" wrote:

Well good.... when you find a new one, you'll have a new boss.

That
was
my
point.

Not necessarily. I have owned my own business and been the boss.

It takes more hours and work actually, but it's something that can
also be done if you are willing to attempt it.

Ok then you have customers. Everyone works for someone.

Customers are not bosses. It's an obvious stretch to try to
get your round-peg argument to fit in a square hole. It's
simply ridiculous.

Not at all. Everyone works for someone.

Repetition isn't support.

P. Tierney

Old March 1st 04, 05:31 AM
jaybird

"Nan" wrote in message
On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 04:38:56 GMT, "jaybird" wrote:

"Nan" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 02:30:23 GMT, "jaybird" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

ISS, or did you consider it a vacation? Either way, it's easy to
claim it worked, to support your narrow viewpoint.

So I'm supposed to care if you believe me or not? It did work.

--
---
jaybird

Old March 1st 04, 05:31 AM
jaybird

jaybird wrote:

[...]

No, I learned a lesson.

--
---
jaybird

Old March 1st 04, 05:32 AM
jaybird

"P. Tierney" wrote in message

"jaybird" wrote in message

"toto" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:50:30 GMT, "jaybird" wrote:

Well good.... when you find a new one, you'll have a new boss.

That
was
my
point.

Not necessarily. I have owned my own business and been the boss.

It takes more hours and work actually, but it's something that can
also be done if you are willing to attempt it.

Ok then you have customers. Everyone works for someone.

Customers are not bosses. It's an obvious stretch to try to
get your round-peg argument to fit in a square hole. It's
simply ridiculous.

Not at all. Everyone works for someone.

Repetition isn't support.

Then learn the first time.

--
---
jaybird

Old March 1st 04, 07:47 AM
P. Tierney

wrote:

Well good.... when you find a new one, you'll have a new boss.

That
was
my
point.

Not necessarily. I have owned my own business and been the

boss.

It takes more hours and work actually, but it's something that

can
also be done if you are willing to attempt it.

Ok then you have customers. Everyone works for someone.

Customers are not bosses. It's an obvious stretch to try to
get your round-peg argument to fit in a square hole. It's
simply ridiculous.

Not at all. Everyone works for someone.

Repetition isn't support.

Then learn the first time.

I prefer to learn the truth. You're just making stuff up
in a sorry attempt to keep your point alive.

But, I don't blame you. You don't sound nearly as ridiuclous
as you would if you tried to support your idea that customers
are bosses.

"What did you do today Bob?"

"Well, I was very busy! I decided to fire Kroger and Borders
as my grocer and booksellers! I'm in the process of hiring
Winn-Dixie and Barnes and Noble to replace them. Gosh,
being the boss of all of these businesses is so much work!"

P. Tierney