Man shoots at noisy teenagers, killing one

Old March 1st 04, 02:12 PM
jaybird

Default Man shoots at noisy teenagers, killing one

"P. Tierney" wrote in message

"jaybird" wrote in message

"P. Tierney" wrote in message

"jaybird" wrote in message

"P. Tierney" wrote in message

"jaybird" wrote in message

"toto" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:50:30 GMT, "jaybird"

wrote:

Well good.... when you find a new one, you'll have a new

boss.
That
was
my
point.

Not necessarily. I have owned my own business and been the

boss.

It takes more hours and work actually, but it's something that

can
also be done if you are willing to attempt it.

Ok then you have customers. Everyone works for someone.

Customers are not bosses. It's an obvious stretch to try to
get your round-peg argument to fit in a square hole. It's
simply ridiculous.

Not at all. Everyone works for someone.

Repetition isn't support.

Then learn the first time.

I prefer to learn the truth. You're just making stuff up
in a sorry attempt to keep your point alive.

But, I don't blame you. You don't sound nearly as ridiuclous
as you would if you tried to support your idea that customers
are bosses.

"What did you do today Bob?"

"Well, I was very busy! I decided to fire Kroger and Borders
as my grocer and booksellers! I'm in the process of hiring
Winn-Dixie and Barnes and Noble to replace them. Gosh,
being the boss of all of these businesses is so much work!"

It sure is. If ya didn't buy anything, they wouldn't stay in business.

--
---
jaybird

Old March 1st 04, 02:53 PM
Doan

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, R. Steve Walz wrote:

jaybird wrote:

I remember getting paddled by the gym teacher for fighting in 5th grade. I
didn't fight anymore.

jaybird

----------------
I told my gym teacher in 9th grade that I had defended myself, and
that if he touched me that I'd kill him then, on the spot, if I could,
or later, by surprise from behind, and without any question. I was
reknown for being a VERY serious character, and I said it in a manner
that erased any doubt on his part. He didn't touch me.

So much for the theory that spanking teaches violence. Remember, Steve
Walz were "never spanked"!

Doan

Old March 1st 04, 03:04 PM
jaybird

"R. Steve Walz" wrote in message
jaybird wrote:

I remember getting paddled by the gym teacher for fighting in 5th grade.

didn't fight anymore.

jaybird

----------------
I told my gym teacher in 9th grade that I had defended myself, and
that if he touched me that I'd kill him then, on the spot, if I could,
or later, by surprise from behind, and without any question. I was
reknown for being a VERY serious character, and I said it in a manner
that erased any doubt on his part. He didn't touch me.

Hell yeah, I'd be scared of you too. Which ward was that in?

--
---
jaybird

Old March 1st 04, 08:55 PM
Steve Furbish

"R. Steve Walz" wrote in message

You're the dip-**** who clearly doesn't GET that "Nazi" is a
reprehensible authoritarian philosophy, not a national origin!

I get it. I just think it an odd coincidence that in your case it seems to
fit so well.

Steve

Old March 2nd 04, 01:11 AM
toto

wrote:

[...]

Only in the collective sense. If *noone* bought anything from you,
that's true, but any single customer doesn't make so much difference
if you are satisfying many customers.

At any rate, when I owned my business, I was working for myself.
I could and did close the store if necessary (though I didn't do that
without a good reason) and I set the hours to my own convenience
as well. I could and did hire people to work hours I didn't want to
work so that I could go to my children's field trips and school
functions. Still worked hard, but there is a lot of freedom in owning
your own business.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old March 2nd 04, 01:16 AM
toto

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 02:30:23 GMT, "jaybird" wrote:

"toto" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:24:11 GMT, dragonlady
wrote:

It has not yet reached the point where any hitting is illegal
in the USA, though it is no longer legal for school employees
to hit children in most states. (This IS a relatively recent change.)

Yes it is recent change. Unfortunately, it is still legal for public
school employees to hit children in their care in 22 states and
I suspect it is very rarely challenged in private schools unless
it comes to light as serious abuse.

I remember getting paddled by the gym teacher for fighting in
5th grade. I didn't fight anymore.

I was never paddled in school, but... my first grade nun hit me
with a ruler for writing in my book. I was, at the time, writing my
name in the flyleaf. I ran out of class and went home. My dad
went up to the school and I don't know what he said, but it didn't
happen again and the following year I was in public school instead
of Catholic School.

I think that if teachers or school personnel have to paddle kids,
they don't know how to discipline anyone. Luckily, I never worked
in a state where paddling was legal.

As for your *not fighting* anymore, I think that you knuckled under
to superior power, but did you learn *why* fighting was not a good
thing? I learned that at 5 or 6. Fighting leads to no real
resolution of problems. Never did get in any fights to speak of,
but I was always a talker and got my way more often then not by
backing up my positions with logic and good sense.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old March 2nd 04, 01:20 AM
toto

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 06:53:06 -0800, Doan wrote:

So much for the theory that spanking teaches violence. Remember, Steve
Walz were "never spanked"!

Note that Jaybird is a cop. Cops are violent much of the time. It's
just sanctioned by society because it is against violent criminals.

Spanking did teach him that violence is ok as long as it comes from
an authority, so he became an authority and can now indulge in
justified violence against criminals.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old March 2nd 04, 01:30 AM
Doan

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, toto wrote:

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 06:53:06 -0800, Doan wrote:

So much for the theory that spanking teaches violence. Remember, Steve
Walz were "never spanked"!

Note that Jaybird is a cop. Cops are violent much of the time. It's
just sanctioned by society because it is against violent criminals.

LOL! Nope. It is NECESSARY!

Spanking did teach him that violence is ok as long as it comes from
an authority, so he became an authority and can now indulge in
justified violence against criminals.

So who taught Steve Walz?

Doan

Old March 2nd 04, 04:31 AM
R. Steve Walz

jaybird wrote:

I remember getting paddled by the gym teacher for fighting in 5th grade.

didn't fight anymore.

jaybird

----------------
I told my gym teacher in 9th grade that I had defended myself, and
that if he touched me that I'd kill him then, on the spot, if I could,
or later, by surprise from behind, and without any question. I was
reknown for being a VERY serious character, and I said it in a manner
that erased any doubt on his part. He didn't touch me.

Hell yeah, I'd be scared of you too. Which ward was that in?

jaybird

-------------
The 9th grade, public school, you ridiculous piece of ****.
Steve
Old March 2nd 04, 04:33 AM
R. Steve Walz

"jaybird" wrote in message

"toto" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:50:30 GMT, "jaybird" wrote:

Well good.... when you find a new one, you'll have a new boss.

That
was
my
point.

Not necessarily. I have owned my own business and been the boss.

It takes more hours and work actually, but it's something that can
also be done if you are willing to attempt it.

Ok then you have customers. Everyone works for someone.

Customers are not bosses. It's an obvious stretch to try to
get your round-peg argument to fit in a square hole. It's
simply ridiculous.

Not at all. Everyone works for someone.

Repetition isn't support.

Then learn the first time.