will they be affected as adults?

Old August 4th 04, 09:25 AM
Mike

Default will they be affected as adults?

I'm trying to understand how certain things can affect children when
they become adults and was hoping some people could give me their
opinions. Maybe I should ask in a psychology or abuse newsgroup but I
would like to hear the opinions of parents on this type of thing.

If a child or teenager is on occasion (once every three-five months
for 10 years) blamed, yelled at, and sometimes punished for things
they didn't do, how will this affect them as adults?

If a child isn't allowed to do things they want to do like sports,
learning to play a musical instrument, etc. how will this affect them
as adults?

If a child lives in a household where one parent is always yelling and
treating the other parent like a dog for many years, how will this
affect them as adults?