Since you don't believe in beating a child .............

Old January 13th 06, 06:14 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Default Since you don't believe in beating a child .............

...............why aren't you proponents of "spanking," who I've noticed
tend also to accept and even encourage school paddling, up in arms
about such things as this?

Or do you think "paddlings" and "spankings" amount to the same thing?
It's okay with you, is it, to hit a child in the buttocks with a board?

Stand up. Be counted. Even if you defend "spanking," the least you can
do is protest school paddling.

Or is paddling like spanking to you; not "hitting?"

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlot...s/13605935.htm

Posted on Thu, Jan. 12, 2006
Headmaster accused of beating 1st-grader

North Carolina

Rowan County

Charter school headmaster accused of beating 1st-grader

EAST SPENCER

The headmaster of the Rowan Academy Charter School is accused of
beating a first-grader. East Spencer police arrested Eugene Perry on
Tuesday for misdemeanor assault on a child. Police said evidence shows
Perry surpassed the legal allowance for corporal punishment.Regina
Gulledge is the child's grandmother and legal guardian. She said about
a week ago, her grandson and a classmate colored instead of doing the
exercises assigned by the teacher. Gulledge said when the school called
her, she agreed to a spanking for the child but nothing more.

"If he would have just gotten spanked that day, it would have been OK,
but no choking and no picking the child up," Gulledge said.

Gulledge said she discovered marks on the child's neck later that
night. Police said the child had bruises and scratches on his
collarbone, chest and arms.

Gulledge said the child told her the principal threw him down in a
metal chair and sat on top of him.

A board of directors oversees the Rowan Academy Charter School, but the
chairman said he and the other board members resigned earlier this
week.

Jack Moyer with the N.C. Department of Instruction's Office of Charter
Schools said he was unaware of the situation before WCNC-TV (Channel 6)
called, and is "in the process of contacting the Attorney General's
office as to where we will go from there. But I am assuming that the
office of charter schools will have to step in and work with the
school."

Perry declined a request from WCNC for an interview. He's scheduled to
be in court in March. -- Tiffani Helberg, WCNC

And yes, I'm aware this wasn't a "paddling" case at all. It simply
reminded me.

Would you like me to post some references to school paddling that ended
in injury to the child? I've a whole passle of them...just ask, or
protest my challenge to you, on the grounds this isn't a paddling case.

Go ahead. I haven't posted those in a long time. I'm just itching to,
so that you can once again see what monsters you really are.

0:-

Old January 13th 06, 06:25 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

On 13 Jan 2006, Kane wrote:

Headmaster accused of beating 1st-grader

North Carolina

Rowan County

Charter school headmaster accused of beating 1st-grader

EAST SPENCER

The headmaster of the Rowan Academy Charter School is accused of
beating a first-grader. East Spencer police arrested Eugene Perry on
Tuesday for misdemeanor assault on a child. Police said evidence shows
Perry surpassed the legal allowance for corporal punishment.

Gee! There's that damn "line" again! ;-) But there is no "line", if
you believe the anti-spanking zealotS!

Doan